The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2017, 05:06 PM   #1
photo-tom

84 Brownie

Hey guys. I've followed this forum for a few years, but this is an introduction. Just want to say in advance, thanks for all the help. I learned a lot fingering through several threads and posts on the site.

I've done a lot of work thus far, but there's still a ton to tie up. After several months of searching, I finally found something in budget and shape. Last fall, I was at my folks' place in Charleston and bought my first square in Columbia on my drive back to Minneapolis. I've kept it at my folks' place the past year as a project for when I visit.

1984 GMC Sierra. Remanufactured 305/350. A Tennessee farm truck that needed a hell of a lot of TLC. Off the bat, it needed new rotors, master cylinder, and tires to get it on the road.

After the 6/6 drop and new tires. I later put the drop shackles in the rear.

Getting to the interior. The cab was surprisingly clean with a few pin holes and a bit of rot on the rockers.

The 6/8 drop was too low for me, so I swapped the front springs out and it's at a 5/7.

New sport bumper.

Replaced the weather stripping, window channels, carpet, and door cards on both sides

Old steering box out.

New box in.

Buffing the patina on the hood and roof. The sun-bake looks pretty good, and the rest of the truck came out great! Indian Bronze looks damn good cleaned up.

It also needed a new starter, flywheel, carb rebuild. The 305 feels pretty tired even after all the maintenance, so I'm thinking of putting a 350 in and rebuilding the trans.
photo-tom is offline   Reply With Quote