The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-04-2017, 11:46 AM   #26
midniteblues

Re: Nice truck, but there is a hick-up in description

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Gear shift indicator housing is incorrect for '72. I can't tell if the mirror is mounted on the windshield or above it, '72 would be mounted on the windshield.

I don't call this bashing, I call it an informational and learning thread....

If the Mods for this forum disagree they can close it.

I would be proud to drive it in any case.....

LockDoc
I noticed the colum too and forgot too comment on it.

If i was looking for a nice truck I wouldn't pass this up. It's it perfect, no but still a very respectful truck the price is a bit steep but idc.
'74 heald super bronc vt8. tecumseh powered moon rover.
midniteblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 12:33 PM   #27
kwmech

I just sent them this message:

If this is an original Georgia truck and always been there, why does it have Florida plates? Original engine? not likely with HEI, an edelbrock carburetor and all the incorrect brackets and water pump, headers, exhaust cut outs. Come on ...stop lying to people. There is so much wrong with this that I can see and I'm over 3k miles away. The steering column is not even correct. You need to advertise this as a restoration...not original...far from it
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:37 PM   #28
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52napco View Post
all original ...with 6 cylinder vin
bingo!.............I was wondering about my last post though. Did they put engine emblems on standard trucks?
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:52 PM   #29
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
This is about the 90th thread on a nice truck offered by a dealer who lists a truck with an inaccurate description as if they know anything more about the truck someone else built than what they paid and how much they want. Isn't that the way for about any dealer? It spent it's whole life in neighboring Georgia and being sold by a Florida dealer. Big deal. Dealers' possession doesn't count as ownership. If that was true then there is no such thing as an original owner. It's a nice truck with a "classic" dealer description. You guys are experts thanks to what you have learned from the knowledgeable few on this site. No need to make a big deal over this truck. We know how dealers are. If you like it, look it over, see through the BS, and either you want it or not. But, we don't do truck bashing here, right? You've flexed your knowledge muscles now relax. It's a decent truck, either you like it or you don't. Bidders seem to like it. Hopefully based on the truck itself and not the dealer's misleading words.
My first thought on "Georgia all its life" was that matters because? Isn't it humid in Georgia?

I agree, dealer possession doesn't count. At least I discount my 71 HA!, so I'm second owner.

I don't think a lot of us are experts, such as on your level, for example, IMO. But we're a work in progress thanks to a btcn website and good people.

I agree we should avoid bashing trucks. I think my intent was fair. I agree with everyone, this is a very nice rig. That said, if I'm a buyer, and many of us are, if the dealer says it's an original 350, it better be an original 350. On a personal level, I provide full disclosure anytime I sell something. I do that for conscious and because it works. As for this sale, it's just misrepresentation, purposely or not and benefit of doubt says not. I agree also, buyer beware.

BTW, speak of "flexing knowledge".............isn't the serial number on the VIN supposed to be six digits on a 72? They only show five.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 06:15 PM   #30
harpo231

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
This is about the 90th thread on a nice truck offered by a dealer who lists a truck with an inaccurate description as if they know anything more about the truck someone else built than what they paid and how much they want. Isn't that the way for about any dealer? It spent it's whole life in neighboring Georgia and being sold by a Florida dealer. Big deal. Dealers' possession doesn't count as ownership. If that was true then there is no such thing as an original owner. It's a nice truck with a "classic" dealer description. You guys are experts thanks to what you have learned from the knowledgeable few on this site. No need to make a big deal over this truck. We know how dealers are. If you like it, look it over, see through the BS, and either you want it or not. But, we don't do truck bashing here, right? You've flexed your knowledge muscles now relax. It's a decent truck, either you like it or you don't. Bidders seem to like it. Hopefully based on the truck itself and not the dealer's misleading words.
Dude relax lol
harpo231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:02 PM   #31
halfstep

OK, I'll play
May have been alluded to earlier, but...
If it had the optional 350 engine it would/should have had a "350" emblem under the correct style front fender side marker lens.
halfstep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:16 PM   #32
Greg58

I thought it was body color inner fenders

Greg
Greg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 07:22 PM   #33
Coley

Really nice truck...and the bids to prove it...but I wouldn't be going higher.
You guys are really on it in terms of spotting things...I picked up on the paint discoloration but missed the steering column and the recessed marker lights.
Just when you think you are somewhat of an expert in these...you find you are learning stuff every day on this site.
...truck looks like a great driver.
All good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:07 PM   #34
CountofMonteCarlo84

I can tell you this truck has been on ebay for at least 2 months... because I look every single day at least twice a day haha
CountofMonteCarlo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:49 PM   #35
mike16

he refers to it as a car several times. and "origonal"
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:50 PM   #36
72 tigger

Good thread
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:06 PM   #37
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hounddogs! View Post
I'd be much more concerned with the mileage claim. That's a '67 instument cluster. Let's assume that the odometer isn't original to the vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwmech View Post
Nice restoration, but no where near factory original with only 57k. As mentioned 6cyl vin with a late model 350, fenders and hood are off, you can even see the original green paint on the underside of the hood. Wrong instrument cluster for a 72. Brake booster swapped. Wrong rally rims. Turbo 350 pan would have had a drain plug in 72. I saw a lot more than that.
I agree that the truck isn't advertised as what it is. Lots of things changed over the years. Worded like a car lot sell...
Curious why you guys think it isn't a 72 dash cluster? (looks like a repro bezel I know)
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
too much stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:16 PM   #38
bigrigpardo

the shame is even if you send a message he wont change it. that will ruin the value to him. instead the will deceive the buyer just to make a buck. there is no integrity in the car world anymore. when I sell stuff its straight forward. I rarely get people that come and complain that its not what it was supposed to be.
bigrigpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:29 AM   #39
special-K
Special Order

I didn't say there was bashing going on. I am relaxed. I made that comment before it went that way as a reminder, as such threads have had a tendency to go that way. I'd rather see the thread continue, too, that's all. Constructive criticism is good, right?

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:37 AM   #40
Grumpy old man

There are 10's of thousands of buyers out there , Using mommy and daddy's credit card to buy off ebay with no basic knowledge of anything about buying a 50 year old truck other than showing dad a picture in a magazine and saying " I want a patina one like this dropped on the ground with air ride " and when it shows up in their driveway barely running or rotting away , They eventually end up in here on the forum seeking answers they should have found BEFORE buying anything ! Instant gratification until reality sets in .

I don't know anything about this particular truck , just an observation of the new owners I see and hear about almost daily . They'll spend more time picking out a new phone

Last edited by Grumpy old man; 05-05-2017 at 07:01 AM.
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:42 AM   #41
NGN

Grumpy you got me thinking. Mom,Dad and credit card . It's been fifty three years on this earth now, well that is it, time for them to share some of there retirement money. It might work ! mom always says I'm her little baby. lol
NGN
Nick
Posted via Mobile Device
NGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #42
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Instant gratification until reality sets in
Ain't that the truth with this new generation.

I see it all over the place. I'm on Morel mushroom boards, forest foraging boards, dry aging beef boards...and everyone is an expert based upon someone elses misconception. They will get to the point of arguing with others that try to teach them

As for the truck. It's nice. Is it my cup of tea? No. Will someone buy it and be happy? Probably, until people point out everything that's been discussed here.
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:03 PM   #43
nightrider388

I don't see the point in trolling other websites, listing them on here and bashing the item for sale. Who cares if a car dealer lied or didn't know any better. Unless you are buying it and wanted clarification on it, it is irrevalant. Tire kickers are the main reason a lot of people hate trying to sell things. So now bash me for saying this. Lol . I'm not all original either.
nightrider388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 02:27 AM   #44
toolboxchev

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
-
Gear shift indicator housing is incorrect for '72. I can't tell if the mirror is mounted on the windshield or above it, '72 would be mounted on the windshield.

I don't call this bashing, I call it an informational and learning thread....

If the Mods for this forum disagree they can close it.

I would be proud to drive it in any case.....

LockDoc
Painted inner fenders, nice aftermarket steering wheel, the list goes on...far from original yet a nice driver.
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:09 AM   #45
El Dorado Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider388 View Post
I don't see the point in trolling other websites, listing them on here and bashing the item for sale. Who cares if a car dealer lied or didn't know any better. Unless you are buying it and wanted clarification on it, it is irrevalant. Tire kickers are the main reason a lot of people hate trying to sell things. So now bash me for saying this. Lol . I'm not all original either.
it is fun trying to see if these trucks are original as the owners claim them to be....everyone just relax, no bashing going on that I can see, just alot of truck educated people giving their advice...should help all of us get better educated on these trucks...
El Dorado Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:01 PM   #46
DANTIP

I'm kind of funny about "Original" grille rivets (and those are not). It's a really good sign when a nice truck has a super nice original grille surround and original rivets. Very hard to find.
DANTIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:53 PM   #47
70STOVEBOLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANTIP View Post
I'm kind of funny about "Original" grille rivets (and those are not). It's a really good sign when a nice truck has a super nice original grille surround and original rivets. Very hard to find.
Dan, are the original rivets the rosette style like the VIN plate uses?

Owner installed options:
Front Sway Bar
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Cigar Lighter
Courtesy Lights
Deluxe Side Markers
Wiper Delay
Power windows
Power Locks

Coming soon: EFI

2015 Silverado 1500 LS 4.3/6L80/3.23
70STOVEBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 05:18 PM   #48
Coley

...it looks like it finished up with a final bid of $14,100 with a 'no sell' and the reserve not being met.
So...maybe it will be re-listed to see if there are any takers heading into summer.

Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:17 AM   #49
DANTIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70STOVEBOLT View Post
Dan, are the original rivets the rosette style like the VIN plate uses?
The original grille rivets are smooth on the outside (unlike a "pop" rivet).
DANTIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:23 AM   #50
Grumpy old man

No sale at $14,100.00 Relisted again and went to $16,500.00 No sale , It's relisted again with a $12,500.00 starting price ...
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote