The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-18-2015, 12:44 PM   #1
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Saying Goodbye to my truck

Sadly after 14 years of ownership it seems I'm not going to get my truck back on the road and have to sell it. She was my daily for the first few years but has now stood a long time needing work, I have done stuff in fits and starts but now a change in my personal circumstances (separating from my wife) means she has to go to fund a new more fuel efficient daily, so my 01 S10 blazer also has to go.

I am totally gutted not to be able to get her done but needs must. Just got to work out how much she's worth as a project with all the parts I have stashed and wash her and take some decent pictures.

Just one of the many many changes in my life at the moment.

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:53 PM   #2
cypressbog
Go Pack Go!

Re: Saying Goodbye to my truck

So sorry to hear about your circumstances. Bounce back better than before!
cypressbog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 12:54 PM   #3
michael bustamante

im sorry to hear that, im going thru a divorce as well, it really sucks but it has to be done.
i sold my blazer and my quad for the same reason. im trying to hold to my 67 as long as i can.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:58 PM   #4
CUSTOM/10

Sorry to hear that Phil ! I to went through a divorce, but managed to hang onto my truck. In fact I used my truck to keep my mind off of things. I spent lots of time working on it, that's what kept me sane !

Good luck !
Gary

My 72 SWB Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=259859
CUSTOM/10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:36 PM   #5
Coley

Sorry to hear about your circumstances.
On the upside, I have extended family living in Shropshire (Church Stretton) near you....although I don't know if they are into classic American vehicles (maybe my nephew? or maybe his Canadian born Dad)
Good luck on all fronts tho'.
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 11:20 PM   #6
special-K
Special Order

So sorry to hear of your changes. I had to start selling off my stuff for the same reason. I got hit so bad financially there is doubt I will ever recover. A life changing experience to be sure. Of course, this is due to her ruining our finances while still together. Cheaper to keep 'er? Not that one!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:15 AM   #7
HeavyD

Terrible thing to have to go through, but there is always a reason and things will no doubt be better in time. When the dust has settled even if the truck is gone keep in touch on here..always welcome!
Old 09-19-2015, 09:49 AM   #8
cooperhw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD View Post
Terrible thing to have to go through, but there is always a reason and things will no doubt be better in time. When the dust has settled even if the truck is gone keep in touch on here..always welcome!
Aw man. Sorry to hear that about anybody, but it happens. keep your chin up.
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 04:36 AM   #9
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Thanks guys it does suck big time. Obviously the most important thing in all this is keeping our nearly nine year old twin boys shielded from the worst of it. We're trying to keep it as amicable as possible but that's sometimes hard as this was her decision to end our marriage even though we are both responsible for getting to the point we are at I was prepared to do anything to try and save it but she's made her decision. I honestly think there is an element of dare I whisper it the menopause that's made her re-examine her life and yeah things had been slipping for some time but I'm still struggling with the finality of her decision.

She almost seems to be enjoying watching me struggle with this in some perverse way. My life has to change enormously. I've been a stay at home dad and now have to go back to work after a long break which means initially I'm looking at minimum wage as I have no recent work experience/references. I'm going to have to move out as I can't afford to stay here, we're going to have to sell our holiday home in France, almost certainly sell our home here as she can't afford to buy me out. She however will carry on in her £100K+ job, company car etc whilst I struggle initially on £13K a year. That said she understands she is going to have to top that up with some alimony at least for a while. We are looking at shared custody of the kids with them splitting their time between us.

Hopefully this won't be for long as once I get back into work it hopefully won't take me long to re-establish myself and move up the ladder a bit. We should have enough equity in the two houses to give us each enough to buy a smaller but still reasonable house, potentially outright with no mortgage if I buy a fixer-upper and then do it up, sell it and move up that way whilst my wife will be able to top hers up with a mortgage and buy more what she wants straight off.

I am totally gutted to have to sell the truck but needs must and I need a daily thats cheaper to run than my current 01 Blazer, looking at either a Honda CRV or a Nissan X-Trail, both older models, maybe diesels although they tend to get a bit expensive as they age as things like turbos and injectors die.

Custom/10 thats what I hoped to do but I can see now its just not financially viable as I have to find my own way through this. I'm going to have a lot more time on my hands with every other weekend free and half the week without a big house and garden to maintain. Still, maybe it's just time to move on to new challenges.

'67 C10 long fleet.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:38 PM   #10
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

During times like these it's important to keep things into proper perspective:

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:27 AM   #11
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Well I am now truckless, after 12+ years of ownership she went yesterday. Cleared £3740 for the truck and model specific parts I'd stashed, about what I payed for her so I guess not too bad. Gives me enough to get a reasonable new daily and then I can sell my blazer so I will be totally Chevy less.

Life goes on but out of all the things around the marriage breakdown this is the one thing I'm finding hard to forgive my ex-wife for as I feel it was done totally out of spite.

On the plus side I've met a really lovely woman and we are tentatively dating, no expectations as to where it goes but its nice to have my self esteem restored a little and have a bit of fun.

'67 C10 long fleet.

Old 10-12-2015, 07:00 AM   #12
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Oh yeah forgot to add, not only has the truck been sold but our holiday home in France that I've shared with you in the past will be up for sale in two weeks time and our house in the UK, plus I'm desperately trying to find a job having been a stay at home dad for the last 8 years. Divorce papers go in this week.

'67 C10 long fleet.