The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-23-2006, 10:50 AM   #1
smh292

Thumbs down Andy's Auto Sport Sucks

I ordered a set of chrome pedal pads for my S-10 on 7/17. I figured I would have them before the Carlisle Truck show 8/4. At the same time I ordered other parts from 2 different companies. The stuff I ordered from the other 2 companies showed up within a week. I checked my credit card statement and I will billed on 7/18 for the pedals so I figured they were in the mail.

On Aug 7 I called them and after sitting on hold for 34 minutes I finally got someone and they said that my pedals were backordered until mid Sept but they had blue ones in stock. My truck is red so I said that I wanted to cancel my order. The guy says ok I'll cancel the order and we hang up.

2 days later I get a call from them again saying my pedals are on backorder but they have blue ones. I again say I want to cancel my order.

On 8/11 I send a message to customer service asking to confirm my order is cancelled and my credit card is credited. The email response I get says that they have the blue ones in stock and no my order has not been cancelled. I email back saying that I don't want the blue ones, cancel the order. They email back saying that they cannot cancel the order by email and that I have to call to cancel.

After waiting another 30 minutes on hold I get someone who says he will cancel the order and gives me an invoice # as a reference for my order cancellation.

The next week I notice my card has still not been credited so I sent 2 more follow up emails referencing the guy I talked to and the invoice # and I got no responses.

Finally I called my credit card company and explained all that I just typed and they credited my card.

All in all, this is the worst customer service I have ever received. I am not one to give bad publicity on a company, but this was complete BS.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:26 PM   #2
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: Andy's Auto Sport Sucks

Save all the details and emails of the transaction. He can protest the charge back and you will need to prove your side of it. If you have it doecumented and reasonable on what you wanted and why they always side with the customer. if you don't you may lose out.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:18 PM   #3
XXL
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcsr View Post
Save all the details and emails of the transaction. He can protest the charge back and you will need to prove your side of it. If you have it doecumented and reasonable on what you wanted and why they always side with the customer. if you don't you may lose out.
And, depending on the cc company, it may be a pretty "done deal" if they do protest. I went round and round with Sears MasterCard (now owned by Citibank, but not during the issue I had). I bought an ESM tune from Wester's Garage in Canada. Short version of the story (long version is on FSC web site), I disputed. Card credited me. Wester's protested (with non-deterministic documentation). Card charged me back. I complained to cc. They told me 'too bad.' I told them they suck
XXL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:46 PM   #4
72Levi

Thats why I use American Express, they usually side with the customer. They believe you and will investigate fairly. I was in two issues with companies and both times Amex sided with me. I proved my case, story etc... and they refunded my money. Visa and M/C almost always sides with the company. Use Amex all the way!
2008 Buick Enclave AWD, Nav, & DVD, Wife LOVES it!
72Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:35 PM   #5
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

A few things to do when ordering from the web

Always print out the reciept from the site.
Always wirte down when you call them and why and keep any emails or copies of letters you send. who you talked to and what they said.
always return the item with thier RMA # if you can get one and with a tracking number and insurance. If they refuse to give an rma and return the package to you, then you may in some cases keep the product and the money. I've seen this happen. They can't refuse the request of a reasonable customer that follows their policies.

Credit card companies are trying to protect the retailer from you the consumer who may or may not be trying to rip them off. Thats the way they see it. so if you have everything lined up they can't reject your dispute.

Last edited by dwcsr; 09-01-2006 at 02:36 PM.
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote