The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Member Dealings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 11:14 AM   #26
SCOTI

Re: Problems buying from gmachinz Jabin Wood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texxxan View Post
I'm trying to attach screenshots of my conversation with him but I'm not able to load them in here. Any idea on how to attach a picture?
When you add a post, there is a 'menu' under where you type that has a grey box w/'Manage Attachments' in it. Click on that to upload pics saved to your computer. Pics need to be site friendly in size or they won't load. I keep mine under 750x750 pixels & don't have issues. Not sure how it's done from a phone
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:19 AM   #27
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
When you add a post, there is a 'menu' under where you type that has a grey box w/'Manage Attachments' in it. Click on that to upload pics saved to your computer. Pics need to be site friendly in size or they won't load. I keep mine under 750x750 pixels & don't have issues. Not sure how it's done from a phone
The only thing I see is insert image and that only lets me insert image from a URL.
Old 09-29-2020, 11:54 AM   #28
SKR

Quote:
Is that because you started the demands & then name-calling? I get you're frustrated but if you started telling me "this is how it's going to be" I'd be thinking 'is that right?'.
If someone was mean to you you'd keep the money and the harness?
Old 09-29-2020, 12:03 PM   #29
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKR View Post
I understand what Scoti is saying, but I was not mean to him nor did I disrespect him in any way. Asking for a tracking number after 11 days is not unreasonable. I wasn't demanding that it arrive at my house now or anything like that. I have had issues with my mail carrier dropping of my packages to other locations other than my own. If he knew he was going to take a long time to get it to me, all he had to do was tell me. I'm pretty reasonable and just knowing what is going on helps.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:05 PM   #30
texxxan

I think I figured out how to do it.
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2020, 01:41 PM   #31
SCOTI

Quote:
Nope.

But if the guy who is on the other end of this deal can't make a refund through PayPal happen because of the way it was done, he can't force PP to do anything.

If it was me (on the other end)? I would try to open communication & refund the $$ via other means if there was some decent back & forth AND I haven't used said funds to purchase the materials for the job. Start w/the mud slinging & I have already purchased the materials? You'd get your part when it's done & like Corts60 I wouldn't worry myself about keeping you happy otherwise.

I'm not saying Texxxan is slinging-mud either. But, the more people that start chiming in w/the name calling (thief has been popular in this thread) the worse a resolvable situation can get.

Quote:
I understand what Scoti is saying, but I was not mean to him nor did I disrespect him in any way. Asking for a tracking number after 11 days is not unreasonable. I wasn't demanding that it arrive at my house now or anything like that. I have had issues with my mail carrier dropping of my packages to other locations other than my own. If he knew he was going to take a long time to get it to me, all he had to do was tell me. I'm pretty reasonable and just knowing what is going on helps.
I believe this is his biggest fault. He does not communicate well. The only time you get something fast from him is if it's already built. Otherwise, he builds this stuff as a side gig.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 09-29-2020 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:38 PM   #32
SKR

Quote:
Nope.

But if the guy who is on the other end of this deal can't make a refund through PayPal happen because of the way it was done, he can't force PP to do anything.

If it was me (on the other end)? I would try to open communication & refund the $$ via other means if there was some decent back & forth AND I haven't used said funds to purchase the materials for the job. Start w/the mud slinging & I have already purchased the materials? You'd get your part when it's done & like Corts60 I wouldn't worry myself about keeping you happy otherwise.
Texxxan said gmachinz told him he won't build the harness, and won't refund the money. I can't believe I live on a planet where there's circumstances that make that acceptable to someone.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:46 PM   #33
texxxan

Quote:
Texxxan said gmachinz told him he won't build the harness, and won't refund the money. I can't believe I live on a planet where there's circumstances that make that acceptable to someone.
He said a refund was out of his hands and that he redirected the harness back to himself because a vendor he uses put wrong parts in the box. He did however, tell me good luck with my project. After that, I have not heard one word from him. I asked him if I was going to get my money back or a harness? All I've heard is crickets since then.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:47 PM   #34
texxxan

Quote:
Oh, and never once provided me a tracking number to prove any of this.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:49 PM   #35
SKR

Quote:
He said a refund was out of his hands and that he redirected the harness back to himself because a vendor he uses put wrong parts in the box. He did however, tell me good luck with my project. After that, I have not heard one word from him. I asked him if I was going to get my money back or a harness? All I've heard is crickets since then.
Quote:
Oh, and never once provided me a tracking number to prove any of this.
Well make damn sure you don't badmouth him until you get your harness or a refund. He sounds pretty delicate.
Old 09-29-2020, 03:55 PM   #36
texxxan

Quote:
Well make damn sure you don't badmouth him until you get your harness or a refund. He sounds pretty delicate.
Paypal didn't help me at all because I made the mistake of paying as friends and family. I'm attaching pictures of my paypal dispute and of him cancelling my refund request. He said that since I filed a paypal dispute that paypal refunded me my money. This picture says otherwise.
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2020, 03:59 PM   #37
texxxan

Here is where he said that paypal refunded me and that it is out of his hands. He said I filed a claim last week sometime. I filed the claim on Saturday the 26th of September.
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2020, 04:03 PM   #38
texxxan

I assure you that I'm not making this up. I shouldn't have to kiss his a$$ to get a harness or my money. I paid for it. Pay me back or give me my harness. All I asked for was a tracking number. I ordered this on the 13th of this month. I also ordered a TBI harness from PFISYS on the same day. I received that harness last week with no issues and the seller provided me a tracking number two day later.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:10 PM   #39
texxxan

I've pretty much wrote this off as a $309 lesson. Shame on me and that won't ever happen again. Ever. I'm on here to prevent this from happening to you. Some of you may feel like I provoked this or whatever it is you may feel. That's ok. Now lets just make sure that this doesn't happen to anyone else here. That is my bottom line here. I don't want anyone else here to go through this.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:57 PM   #40
texxxan

This was my last message to him. You decide if I name called him or told him "this is how its going to be." He had already stopped replying to me. Its like typing to myself at this point. It also shows if he has been online at that forum. He has been several times since then. I sent this yesterday morning as well. I did the screenshot yesterday evening.
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2020, 06:50 PM   #41
TKCR

I have to at least add this. I provide services, just like Jabin does. I go about it a lot different than he does. I sell restored Benchseats, and restore seatbelts for people. First off, in both cases, I don’t collect any money from my costumers until their item is completed. The only time I do collect a “deposit”, is when a specific color of cover needs to be made to order. And I do everything thru PayPal with invoices. That way the customer has a copy of what service is being done. Only when the service has been completed and I send photos to my customer, is when payment is due, prior to shipping. And as soon as payment is received, I make out the shipping label and the customer gets the tracking number.
I feel that the way Jabin is conducting his business, is putting people at risk to be scammed of their money. Sometimes it takes 6 weeks to get a cover made and a seat built for someone. Just as it takes time to build these harness’. So why take their money now? Your only opening yourself up to being questioned every few days or weeks on when they are getting their product shipped. It’s wrong in expecting payment for something that who knows how long it’s going to take. And to ask someone to use the F&F on PayPal, to save a few bucks on fees is also wrong. I gotta pay them. I gladly do, to keep my customers at ease, knowing that their purchase is protected.
People, you need to learn to protect yourself. I too, learned the hard way. An $800 lesson learned. I paid a deposit on something and fell for the F&F way of paying. HUGE MISTAKE! And I will never do that again, and I would never ask anyone to do it either.
So when it comes to Jabin and his harness’, people need to not pay until he fills the order.

Last edited by TKCR; 09-29-2020 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 07:22 PM   #42
Corts60
Just here to tinker

Quote:
I've pretty much wrote this off as a $309 lesson. Shame on me and that won't ever happen again. Ever. I'm on here to prevent this from happening to you. Some of you may feel like I provoked this or whatever it is you may feel. That's ok. Now lets just make sure that this doesn't happen to anyone else here. That is my bottom line here. I don't want anyone else here to go through this.
It's a shame he chose to shut down on you like that. No you don't have to kiss anyone's a**. Your messages seem straight and to the point. Sorry you didn't get your harness buddy. Maybe it'll just randomly arrive in the mail some day....
Old 09-29-2020, 07:28 PM   #43
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corts60 View Post
It's a shame he chose to shut down on you like that. No you don't have to kiss anyone's a**. Your messages seem straight and to the point. Sorry you didn't get your harness buddy. Maybe it'll just randomly arrive in the mail some day....
That would be nice. I won't hold my breath though.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:31 PM   #44
SKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
I have to at least add this. I provide services, just like Jabin does. I go about it a lot different than he does. I sell restored Benchseats, and restore seatbelts for people. First off, in both cases, I don’t collect any money from my costumers until their item is completed. The only time I do collect a “deposit”, is when a specific color of cover needs to be made to order. And I do everything thru PayPal with invoices. That way the customer has a copy of what service is being done. Only when the service has been completed and I send photos to my customer, is when payment is due, prior to shipping. And as soon as payment is received, I make out the shipping label and the customer gets the tracking number.
I feel that the way Jabin is conducting his business, is putting people at risk to be scammed of their money. Sometimes it takes 6 weeks to get a cover made and a seat built for someone. Just as it takes time to build these harness’. So why take their money now? Your only opening yourself up to being questioned every few days or weeks on when they are getting their product shipped. It’s wrong in expecting payment for something that who knows how long it’s going to take. And to ask someone to use the F&F on PayPal, to save a few bucks on fees is also wrong. I gotta pay them. I gladly do, to keep my customers at ease, knowing that their purchase is protected.
People, you need to learn to protect yourself. I too, learned the hard way. An $800 lesson learned. I paid a deposit on something and fell for the F&F way of paying. HUGE MISTAKE! And I will never do that again, and I would never ask anyone to do it either.
So when it comes to Jabin and his harness’, people need to not pay until he fills the order.
It's always interesting the various ways that problems can come up, whether it's parts on backorder, shipping delays, or whatever. But the part of the machine that takes the customer's money always works flawlessly. You click "place order" and the money leaves your account like it was shot out of a cannon. Nobody ever says "everything went great, the thing showed up sooner than I thought it would and was a real quality piece of equipment, the only issue we had is I had a hell of a time trying to pay the guy."
Old 09-29-2020, 09:09 PM   #45
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

Just check the member dealings about him... At least 3 posts about him.
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
Old 09-29-2020, 09:20 PM   #46
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by too much stuff View Post
Just check the member dealings about him... At least 3 posts about him.
I should have done that. I feel like this is just as much my fault as it is his.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:35 PM   #47
layinrocker65

There have been numerous posts and threads on here about his terrible customer service and communication. I don’t understand why people continue to buy from him no matter the quality of the product.
‘74 Chevy C10 SWB 5.3/4L80e, Vintage Air, Dakota Digital, US Mags
Old 09-30-2020, 12:17 AM   #48
kipps

TKCR, the problem is, selling like you do limits your options of a marketplace. Ebay is a very desirable platform, and as far as I know, it has no option for "commit to buy, pay when done" like you're suggesting.

I'm involved in an extensive "from-scratch" rewire of my truck right now. When this truck is finished, I'll have a good working knowledge and inventory of Metri-Pack, Packard-56, Weather-Pack, Pack-Con, and GT connectors, terminals, and accessories. I'll likely dabble a bit with the Deutch system as well.

I've had more than a passing interest in getting into some harness construction myself. When several of my other projects have settled down a little, I'll revisit the idea. I would definitely want to start out with smaller harnesses, and work my way into more complex ones. Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated!
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
Old 09-30-2020, 08:13 AM   #49
cadillac_al

It's always sad when a good vendor goes bad. It does happen from time to time. It reminds me of Dave Dodge on the Honda V4 forums. He started out great and ended up a thief. I guess life situations change and money problems lead to desperation. I bought from Gmachinz a couple years ago and had no problems and good quality. It's too bad that this is no longer the case and I hope these are isolated incidents and he can rebuild his reputation.

I got burned on some Camaro parts a few years ago on ebay. I paid through paypal and the guy never shipped the parts and closed his paypal account. There isn't much you can do if people are so dishonest they change paypal accounts and bank accounts frequently. Sometime you just can't avoid getting screwed.
77 Chevy K10
Old 09-30-2020, 08:21 AM   #50
texxxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac_al View Post
It's always sad when a good vendor goes bad. It does happen from time to time. It reminds me of Dave Dodge on the Honda V4 forums. He started out great and ended up a thief. I guess life situations change and money problems lead to desperation. I bought from Gmachinz a couple years ago and had no problems and good quality. It's too bad that this is no longer the case and I hope these are isolated incidents and he can rebuild his reputation.

I got burned on some Camaro parts a few years ago on ebay. I paid through paypal and the guy never shipped the parts and closed his paypal account. There isn't much you can do if people are so dishonest they change paypal accounts and bank accounts frequently. Sometime you just can't avoid getting screwed.
That's true. I've only heard great things about the quality of his work, but now that he burned me, I see I am not the only one. I have my bank involved now. This will be my last recourse. The bank temporarily refunded my money until their investigation is complete. I will keep everyone informed of the final results. Either way, my goal is to prevent anyone else here from being burned like I did.
Closed Thread