The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-10-2002, 01:56 PM   #1
Big69C20 Toy
Livin' it up.

Lucky i'm alive

Talked to my rear end guy yesterday as i had my truck over to him to have him try and seal up that eaton. i had leaks at the diff, the pumpkin, the pinion.... everywhere.

Well he told me someone had bent some sort of sleeve or something and that was causing my problems with the leak.

Here is the lucky part. My slip yoke (terminology?) was only on about 3/4" he asked "you have any high speed vibration" i replied "naw i drive that thing up to 120mph sometimes it never shakes on me" he said "well you're a VERY lucky guy because with how far that slip yoke is on going over some bumps at that speed your lucky it didnt slip off."

I guess my truck just loves me and didnt wanna catapult itself in the air i've had it for a bit over a year now and put over 20k miles on it so i guess it wants to keep me around as much as i want to keep it around .

Just thought i'd share. I wonder who modded my rear shaft though as i have to have it lengthened now....
Big69C20 Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 02:05 PM   #2
WHYBYNU
WHYBYNU when old will do

Talking

Put your hands togather and get on your knees and thank the lord you were spared, would have hated to mess up a good truck. He He He !!!!!!!!
4/6 drop
20x8.5 / 20x10 Billet Specialties
WHYBYNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 03:00 PM   #3
jku72

I saw a 49 chevy ton truck go ass over teakettle when the shaft dropped, in the docks in Uruguay. Bent the frame at the end of the cab, the whole truck looked like sombody folded it like a pocket knife. Happen as I was walking away from my ship, about 20 yards away. The guy was okay, but I was a little amused, as those dock drivers routinely tried to drive as close to you and and fast as they could to scare you into thinking you were being run over. I think they would run you over if you did not dodge them.
I regress, but yes, driveshafts can be dangerous.

68 C10 burb
42 Willys MB
46 Dodge WF-32 1.5 ton
53 & 56 Olds'
60 Cadillac
22 Dodge Brothers
jku72 is offline   Reply With Quote