The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2015, 04:07 PM   #1
Wizit247

Wizit's bagged 60 gmc build

Hey guys. Just started this build and figure i would document it for others to follow as well as to get some input from you guys. This place is obviously a wealth of knowledge!

Ill give you guys a little background on me since Im new here.
Im 25 years old and live in Coeur d'Alene Idaho. (same as Captainfab)
Im a design Engineer at a rollercoaster company called Rocky Mountain Construction.
My fabrication and build background is almost completely from offroad rock crawler and go fast type rigs.

I wasnt really in the market for another project but my brother came across a 1960 GMC that was incorrectly listed as a 63 Chevy on craigslist. He convinced me to go look at it and he actually ended up buying the truck for me in exchange for building his roll cage in his 66 Nova.
I have always wanted to build one of these trucks so now im gonna get my chance.

Here it is when we picked it up and when we got it home.

Its really straight overall and nearly rust free. the only problem area we found was the drivers rocker. It has some kind of filler on it so Im assuming theres some rot in under there.

The 305 was missing a carb but looks as if someone recently pulled it out and painted it up. the paint on the pulleys hasnt even been worn off from the belt so im not sure if they couldnt get it running after putting it back in or what. regardless, it will be getting a sbc and an auto tranny.

Anyone interested in a non-running 305? lol

The plan is to lay it out on 20s or maybe 22s. not going to be a show stopper but a garage paint job and body work will be plenty fancy for me.