The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #1
no1udknow

68 c10 2wd in Sacramento, CA

hey guys, I joined this forum for another project I was going to do. I had a 58 swb step, but it had a lot of issues including back fees. I had paid 1000 for it and it was something my dad and I were going to do together. My dad passed away the day before easter and when I was a child, he had a 71 lwb fleet side from the time I was 2 till I turned 25 and it caught fire. It is probably kicking around in a junk yard or someones garage by now so I found this 68. I find it funny looking back now because as a teenager, I had 4 of these trucks including a 67 lwb with factory air. After my dad passed, I really wanted another so I traded my 58 project for this 68 project. The 68 is running, titled, and currently registered. I had many good memories in my dad's old truck and opening the door to my 68 brought them all rushing back. I am very excited about this project and although I will not make it look exactly like his old truck, I know with my son, it will be a memory maker. It has been in an accident. It was parked on the side of the road in the snow where it was broad sided and sent into a ditch. Mostly sheet metal damage and the front left steering knuckle which I am replacing anyways.

plans:

Short bed conversion
lower 2-4 inches in the front
disk brake upgrade
transmission swap (current th350)
rear end gears or rear end swap (current 4.11's and the truck comes with a 3 mile long hose to tether it to a gas pump)
sheet metal repair
and paint inside and out. (it is currently a blueberry color and I hate it)

i know, i know pics right ;-)

My build : 68 C10 Short Bed Conversion
no1udknow is offline   Reply With Quote