The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > WIW

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-04-2021, 08:57 AM   #1
MidLifer

71 C10 with LQ4/4L80e

A local person is interested in buying my truck. I haven't bought or sold a C10 in 10 years so asking for the collective wisdom of this board to give me an idea of current market values.

Like all these trucks, this one has a story. I bought it 10 years ago from an estate in Arizona. As the photos show this is not your average C10. The PO had swapped the original driveline with a 3/4 ton truck. The rear is a GM 14-bolt out of an early squarebody.

Along the way I have done the following to the truck:
- Gen III LQ4/4L80e (engine had 60k miles on it, came from a wrecked van)
- Boyd's welding fuel tank in the rear, filler through the bed (not in the center, I built a box and put it behind the left wheel well)
- Vintage Air Gen IV
- New loaded A-arms and front springs
- Reupholstered original seat and new foam
- Hydroboost brakes
- Sound deadening in cab
- Firestone Transforce tires all around with no dry rot and plenty of tread left

The body is what it is. There are multiple sets of mirror holes in the door, a dent in the left bed side (slipped off a lift) and the driver's cab corner is rusted through. Passenger corner shows minor bubbling. Rocker panels were replaced by PO, floor is solid (I fixed a minor rust area and POR 15'ed the whole floor). Paint job is a respray from the PO and there are spots of touch-up paint that he applied which are discolored.

I have a straight replacement bed side that I haven't gotten around to installing yet.

Truck has a tool box in the bed. There is rust through the panel under it and a slight crease in the door. There is a appx. 12" around dent in the bed floor where it looks like someone dropped something heavy into the bed. Depressed about 2 inches in the center.

Other than as noted, body is solid and dry. Frame is straight. Dash is 99% uncut - PO had a different GM radio in the dash and widened the volume and tuner holes to make it fit, but the washers for the current radio cover the holes.

I've always wanted the truck to be a great driver and didn't really care about the body imperfections. Truck is quick with the LQ4, 0-60 in 6.9. Engine is pretty much stock except for the cold air intake. ECU was tuned by a local tuner but nothing radical.

Rough ideas of what this truck would fetch on the market?
Attached Images

MidLifer is offline   Reply With Quote