The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-03-2022, 01:16 PM   #26
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: What really GRINDS YOUR GEARS ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuccales View Post
Everything used to grind my gears. Now, I'm just a main shaft with no splines. Shake my head at the things I see on our roads.
Gonna have to get a CVT if you want to go anywhere, now.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 01:48 PM   #27
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
People in general.
I like people. I just like them better when they aren't around.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 02:00 PM   #28
dieseldawg142

getting too old to be grumpy 'bout much, but one thing i hate is on my way to work i go threw 2 round-a-bouts and always seem to get some no-mind who thinks it's fine to stop in the middle of round-a-bout to let someone in......
and dog seatbelts are stupid.
my wife got worried once our dog would fall out of my blazer when off roading. so one day she snaps his leash over the rollbar. we go up a 50-60 degree slope and got stuck. i turn around to back down and there is my dog dangling from his leash on the rollbar- all 4 paws off the ground, twisting and turning trying to breathe. since then i have never tied my dogs in our trucks.
there is some law on the books about having dogs secured in an open truck, but i'll never tie them down. if we roll or crash, now my four legged friend is most likely gonna have a truck roll over them or squash them. i would prefer they get thrown from the vehicle, at least that way they will stand a chance of surviving an accident.
and that's why i just use canopy's on my trucks-keeps johnny law off my back and in an accident they can still get out.
funny you mention this, just a couple days ago, a TETHERED dog fell from his truck and was dragged 300 feet, grinding her legs down to the bone. happily this poor puppy survived

https://globalnews.ca/news/9312243/b...ific-injuries/
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 05:48 PM   #29
1976gmc20

I remember the rancher in his flatbed Ford driving around Gunnison CO with his cowdog riding not on the flatbed but on top of the cab - LOL

Of course that town has turned into a nanny sheet hole now.
1958 Chevy C-60; 1965 GMC C-50; 1965 Chevy C-10; 1971 Chevy K-10; 1973 Chevy K-20; 1976 GMC C-20; 1977 Chevy C-10 Suburban; 1980 Chevy K-10; 1989 Chevy K1500; 1991 GMC V1500 Suburban; 2016 Chevy K2500 HD

Other vehicles: 1988 Jeep XJ; 2011 Toyota 4Runner
1976gmc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 07:09 PM   #30
Sheepdip

Molly Dawg don't use no seat belt, and when she was a pup and tried to get in my space while I was driving, I simply knocked the sh*t out of her to the other side. Now she glady stays on her own side.
Attached Images

Sheepdip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 07:33 PM   #31
special-K
Special Order

If we need to be protected from own judgement in how we transport our dogs to protect ourselves as if we don't know our dogs as well as lawmakers, then where is the law that says a couple going through troubles in their relationship must either remain silent while driving or travel in separate vehicles. And unruly children, even in seatbelts, can distract a driver like nobody's business. Is there a law on that? True, some people have poor judgement when it comes to dog behavior while driving. But there is one single law that covers all this if it were just enforced. It's called distractive driving. using the cell phone, putting on makeup, eating, setting your i-pod or navigation device, unruly children, overactive pets, arguing, reading, digging out a stubborn booger... the list goes on and on and it's all covered by one simple law. If lawmakers have nothing better to do than to pass laws like this then they aren't doing their job very well.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 08:21 PM   #32
Willowrun

Will horses need seatbelts next?
Attached Images

Willowrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 08:48 PM   #33
Sheepdip

Just saw this on Fox News and started Laughing

https://www.foxnews.com/us/reckless-...uck-2-cars-dog
Old 12-04-2022, 10:32 AM   #34
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Since my first thoughts of "a bad clutch" or "the guy who isn't allowed to drive my truck anymore" have been mentioned....how about some philosophy?
(That's a funny word, 2 ph to sound like f in the same word?)

Anyway, I digress.
"Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. Weak men create hard times"
G. Michael Hopf

So this is 100% self-inflicted (as a society) and those who see it are powerless to do anything about it. Anyone who ever warns of such things is laughed-off as a conspiracy theorist.

Beyond that, a whole lot of things grind my gears, but I've been a grumpy old man since waay before I was ever old.
Now that I am approaching said old, it is just getting worse or the population at large is getting worse. I'm not sure which, probably both.

I'm rather George Carlin-esque in my observations. I point out things that everybody sees (or at least should see) and just won't say it.

I just don't remember a time when people were so shameless. It's like they know full-well that they are doing wrong, yet give zero Fs about it.

Mankind has always had a tendency to be somewhat greedy and selfish, but they were so self-centered that they really didn't care what others did. Now it seems that the whole point is to influence/condemn/control others, whether it is actually beneficial to themselves or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 10:54 AM   #35
special-K
Special Order

People in general can get under my skin. But I will never condemn people as a whole. There is always hope and all people aren't all bad. Then there's "Who am I to judge". Got to make judging myself a priority if I'm going to complain about others. And I still want to be "one of them". I'm bothered by entitlement and mostly by self-centeredness. I have no tolerance for that. Those people need to be put in their place and I've gotten pretty good at doing that!

A pet peeve of mine is... pets. I love them but it's people too dumb to consider the affect they have on their dog's disposition... even mental well being. I notice more neurotic dogs than ever before. And their owners are usually oblivious to that. Or they see it but have no idea how they got that way. Know your pet! and start with training it while considering their needs as different from humans. And people with no children claiming their pet is their child? I'm sorry. I have no idea why some don't have children and I know it can be a sensitive matter, not always a choice. But you have to find a way to accept that fact and how to move one from there. But, calling your dog your child ain't it. Member of your family? Ok, bring anyone you want into your family, even a dog. Family dog is nothing new. My biggest peeve is reading stickers to the affect on people's cars. I guess bumper stickers can be annoying, for that matter. Wearing our feelings on our sleeve are we? Hey that's great you feel that way, but why do I need to let the world know? I dunno. Maybe I'm the weird one

* I do realize some bumper stickers have an important message that can benefit others

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 12-04-2022, 01:35 PM   #36
davischevy

I have been busy building our forever house so I haven't been tending to my rental properties like I should have.

Since July I have been trying to get one of my renters to pay her rent. She keeps saying she will be in Friday. I lost track and when I finally sat down last week and looked at the books realized she is $3,000 past due. I had threatened her with eviction notices multiple times, so I posted a notice of eviction on her door.

She called me and said "I don't deserve this."

Need I say more.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.

Last edited by davischevy; 12-04-2022 at 02:31 PM.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 02:17 PM   #37
Sheepdip

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I have been busy building our forever house so I haven't been tending to my rental properties like I should have.

Since July I have been trying to get one of my renters to pay her rent. She keeps saying she will be in Friday. I lost track and when I finally say down last week and looked at the books realized she is $3,000 past due. I had threatened her with eviction notices multiple times, so I posted a notice of eviction on her door.

Need I say more.
Yep...they are all undeserving victims.
Old 12-04-2022, 02:49 PM   #38
joedoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
But I will never condemn people as a whole.

teach me your ways because i am always condemning people as a-wholes!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 02:53 PM   #39
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post

Since July I have been trying to get one of my renters to pay her rent. She keeps saying she will be in Friday. I lost track and when I finally sat down last week and looked at the books realized she is $3,000 past due. I had threatened her with eviction notices multiple times, so I posted a notice of eviction on her door.

Need I say more.
I know the feeling. We managed to evict our tenants; they got out one week ahead of the Sheriff. Nine months of paying no rent because they skated under the Covid umbrella in LA. All three had jobs, too! Almost done fixing that pigpen up for sale. In our case, it was $13k, at a rent $500 below market, because friend. Never again.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-04-2022, 03:06 PM   #40
Grumpy old man

This dog seatbelt rule is just going to end up with my horse needing one too !
Attached Images

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 03:41 PM   #41
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Those "Baby Onboard" signs on cars.
They were stupid back in the 80s. To see something like that revived is just maddening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn Man View Post
As for reading directions...
The directions are nothing but another man's opinion.
Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself...

Bad planning on your part does not necessarily constitute an instant emergency on my part....

The great thing about being a pessimist is that you are either pleasantly surprised or right.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 11:21 PM   #42
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
teach me your ways because i am always condemning people as a-wholes!
I condemn people one at a time as individuals. Ain't many left
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
This dog seatbelt rule is just going to end up with my horse needing one too !
Something to smile about

Tim

Old 12-05-2022, 11:54 AM   #43
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
Those "Baby Onboard" signs on cars.
They were stupid back in the 80s. To see something like that revived is just maddening.
I was on the 60 freeway and this woman was speeding and jumping lanes in traffic, just driving like a nut and she had a "Caution Baby Onboard' sign on her car.

I had another woman just tailgating me like crazy on a one lane road, so close that I couldn't see the front grille of her car and I wasn't going slow. I guess just not fast enough for her. I was doing about 50 mph in a 45 zone. The road finally opened up to two lanes and she raced past me.
And then I saw the bumper stickers on her car that said "Coexist', "Teach Peace'. Yeah right. What a bunch of hypocrites.

I bought a bumper sticker for my truck but my wife advised me not to put it on because it had the F word in it. Just 2 words on it and the last word was "off'. I felt that it clearly expressed my feelings towards idiot tailgaters.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 12-05-2022, 01:35 PM   #44
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

One of my dad's neighbors put a plank of wood on the back bumper of his truck and nailed an old doll to it, with the sign, "baby on board".

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-05-2022, 10:42 PM   #45
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I was on the 60 freeway and this woman was speeding and jumping lanes in traffic, just driving like a nut and she had a "Caution Baby Onboard' sign on her car.

I had another woman just tailgating me like crazy on a one lane road, so close that I couldn't see the front grille of her car and I wasn't going slow. I guess just not fast enough for her. I was doing about 50 mph in a 45 zone. The road finally opened up to two lanes and she raced past me.
And then I saw the bumper stickers on her car that said "Coexist', "Teach Peace'. Yeah right. What a bunch of hypocrites.

I bought a bumper sticker for my truck but my wife advised me not to put it on because it had the F word in it. Just 2 words on it and the last word was "off'. I felt that it clearly expressed my feelings towards idiot tailgaters.
BACK OFF! should cover it. I always liked the one that said "If you can read this you're following too close"

Tim

Old 12-06-2022, 09:49 AM   #46
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
BACK OFF! should cover it. I always liked the one that said "If you can read this you're following too close"
Yeah, I know. My wife said the same thing. But " Back Off' isn't the first words that come to mind when someone is 6 inches away from my rear bumper.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 12-06-2022, 10:02 AM   #47
72c20customcamper

Enough said
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 07:31 PM   #48
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Yeah, I know. My wife said the same thing. But " Back Off' isn't the first words that come to mind when someone is 6 inches away from my rear bumper.
"Back You! Get your fudge eatin' hind quarters off of my tail you son of a bug sniffer!!!!"

That doesn't work for you?

Tim

Old 12-07-2022, 12:26 PM   #49
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
"Back You! Get your fudge eatin' hind quarters off of my tail you son of a bug sniffer!!!!"

That doesn't work for you?
That works but I don't think I could fit it all on one sticker.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 12-08-2022, 08:33 AM   #50
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
That works but I don't think I could fit it all on one sticker.
You'd be creating tailgaters behind you. Instead of the occasional tailgater you'd have every car* nudging up closer to read it (and not be looking at the road ahead). If they'd bump you they'd go to court to have you found at fault for distractive driver creating. Might have to make a new law for that one

*Not all. Not sure of statistics are on oblivious drivers. 75%?

Tim