The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-08-2014, 03:57 PM   #1
randymack

72 chevy lwb project

First time to post on here. A lot of great looking trucks on this site. I hope I can turn mine into something really cool.
I recently started a build on my 72 lwb. Want to turn it into a shop truck, something to take to the swap meets and shows. It was already lowered some when I got it. Someone cut the crap out of the front springs and took all but the lower and upper leaf from the rear. The rear had log chains and pad locks to hold it in place. HAH Did not like that so I decided to go with DJM (I've heard good and bad about them) I replaced the upper and lower control arms, 2" coil springs on front also shocks frt and rear with a flip kit on the rear. While it is on the jack stands I will replace all the brakes (rotors, pads, drums and shoes. I'm replace the tierods inner and outer as while. I have to get the front tires mounted after that and should be done with the suspension. Interior wise going Mexican blanket clean and simple. Going to make sure everything works like it should which isn't too much really pretty solid truck overall. I replaced all the door latches and handles which was hard to get right but finally made them work. That's where I am at as of today hope to have more build pics soon. Any suggestions or comments let me know. I can use all the help I can get Thanks
the red rims were on it when I got the truck, the pic of the black rims side shot is with just the flip kit installed along with the cut springs in front.
I will post pics of the truck with the full DJM kit installed soon
Attached Images

randymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:18 AM   #2
randymack

Re: 72 chevy lwb project

I'm going to a swap meet net month and hope to find some parts for my 72. As of now I am not sure what to do with the wheels. I like the red but also the black. Maybe some center caps on the black? I don't know for sure.
Looks like Sunday I will finally get to work on the brakes and front end, can't wait to get it back on the ground and see how it looks. Going to get tires for the front today. I'm going to try 205/70r15 front and 235/70r15 rears as of now. Do not have the money right now new wheels so going to make these work. I do plan on changing them out later.
The truck has a 327 which does sound good but due to lack of maintenance before I got it may have to rebuild. My "to do list" for this project is long but excited to get it done. This site has been a lot of help already and hope that you guys out there with way more experience on these trucks can continue to help. Thanks in advance
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #3
randymack

here are a few more pics....notice the log change holding the rear end in place.....not there anymore HAH
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2014, 10:26 AM   #4
randymack

My oldest daughter is doing some custom art work on the glove box door. I will see if I can find a pic of the progress. Another pic of the log change hold down...
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2014, 10:28 AM   #5
randymack

and more pics.....
Attached Images