The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-15-2021, 09:29 PM   #1
60short

Buddy Bucket TearDown / Assembly?

This may not be the correct spot, but I figured id start with the most knowledgeable group, as the only upholstery section I could find was the FAQ...

I have what I believe to be an original (67/68) set of buddy buckets ( I know they weren't offered factory in 60-65) in my 1960 truck.

I have a broken and stripped stud / bolt that holds the seat to the frame :

and I was wondering if anybody has any insight into the best way to tackle these.

I see that I can adjust the sliders to be able to unbolt from the individual seat frames :

but I'm not sure how to tackle this stud, and the removal, and if I should do all of them at the same time?

Are these square headed / swaged into the hole?

There are also some of what I assume were gliders or something -

does anybody reproduce these?

and finally, does anybody have any insight into if this "spacer" is stock and if its supposed to be held in / on by anything?

20+ year long term project in process
Lots of Rust, more memories...
60short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 11:35 PM   #2
dracko

Re: Buddy Bucket TearDown / Assembly?

Hey 60short, good score on those seats. I spent far more time and effort on the BB seats in my ‘64 than I ever wanted to. Could only get my hands on 1 bucket seat and a rusty base frame, so had to make 1 seat from scratch, based on the 1 I had. Was a bit of a gong show but turned out beauty and they both even recline a little ....thanks to the 9/16” bolts you thread in and out to adjust.

But anyways, ya those are your sliders and those studs should be threaded. They should line up with the holes in the base and then ya thread nuts on them and that’s that.

I have 1 pair of sliders left over from my seat build because I used new generic bucket seat sliders. Low and behold the new ones actually had the same spacing on the track bolts. Fire me DM and I can let ya know what sliders I used and what site I got them.
Attached Images

dracko is offline   Reply With Quote