The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-29-2021, 01:17 PM   #26
factorystock

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super 20 on the way home

Nice find! Worth the wait. Can't go wrong with a clean original ex camper hauler!
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 02:48 PM   #27
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Very cool truck and quite the story you'll have once you've got it home. Count me in on the pictures and write up of what you do to get it back on the road.
thank you sir.this truck has quite a story and maybe once i actually have my hands on it,i may share some of that.you can count on some pictures.i have a thread started in the alternative tinkerings or whatever it's called,with some info on a 1939 Chrysler i'm building.no doubt there will be one on this truck too once it's here and we see what direction we go with it.it's going to be a survivor truck if it's good enough,and i think it is.we'll see??
take care.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 02:56 PM   #28
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by factorystock View Post
Nice find! Worth the wait. Can't go wrong with a clean original ex camper hauler!
yes sir.i have had 4 of these trucks,now #5 sitting at the border.3 longhorns,2 regular long wheelbase 3/4 ton trucks.3 big blocks,2 350 trucks and too stoopid to be able to hang to at least one.that has now changed.this truck is going nowhere without me.i had a lady stop in at my old shop one day and said why are there 6 vehicles here?i said cause i don't have room for 12??made perfect sense to me?we have a new shop,lots of room.not selling anything else if i can help it.take care.Greg
Old 04-29-2021, 04:10 PM   #29
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.mud1 View Post
hi,nice to hear from you.my plan was to go get the truck as i've done 30 or 40 times over the last 40 years but covid messed this one up.i bought it with the understanding with the man i bought it from,that since i couldn't come get it,it would have to stay with him.that was no problem til mid febuary when he called to say it had to go by march 1st?so i was scrambling but then he backed off and said,no worries,we have some time but as time went on,we didn't have time.it had to go.i have an address in Calais,Maine where i ship car stuff to,so i called them to ask if i could send them a truck.no problem so that's where it is now.the plan was for a broker at the border to do the paperwork,then call a tow truck guy who lives right there at the border on the Canadian side,he can cross back and forth from Canada to the US as i guess they're essential,and drop it to me on the New Brunswick side where supposedly i could be there when it comes off the truck and put it on my trailer,and 5 hours,we're home,but then we have a big flare up in covid cases where we had been doing very well,Nova Scotia is shut down as of yesterday for 2 weeks and the border between New Brunswick and Nova Scotia is closed,since i have to drive across New Brunswick to get to the US border, i'm dead in the water.the paperwork at the border is being done,the truck is going to have to stay where it is in Calais,Maine and hopefully in 2 weeks,things will have calmed down enough that i can have the tow truck bring it over and i'll be able to be there to get it.if none of that works in 2 weeks,i guess it'll be back to the drawing board to come up with plan "B",whatever that is??thanks.Greg
Thanks for the info. Did you ever think in your lifetime that you wouldn't be to cross from one Province to another whenever you wanted to. Unbeliable what this Covid thing is doing.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:23 PM   #30
67C10Step

Congrats! I know you will be stoked when the big truck comes rolling in.
2020 Toyota CH-R
2020 Acura MDX
67C10Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:07 PM   #31
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
Thanks for the info. Did you ever think in your lifetime that you wouldn't be to cross from one Province to another whenever you wanted to. Unbeliable what this Covid thing is doing.
Hi,it sure is an aggrevation but it'll work out i'm sure and in the big scheme of things,this is not the end of the world,folks deal with cancer and all kinds of things that would make dragging an old truck home,look like a piece of cake,even with a few bumps in the road?sure it's annoying and you're right,who would've ever thought that in a place where you are free to come and go,do as you please,you'd be told to stay home?but that's where we're at.i figure things could always be worse,that truck will make it home,a 100 years from now,we'll look back and laugh?
Old 04-29-2021, 10:15 PM   #32
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67C10Step View Post
Congrats! I know you will be stoked when the big truck comes rolling in.
yes sir,can't wait to see it.it's hard to believe the way time flies,i first heard about this truck nearly a year ago.i wanted it but i thought it was out of reach.one thing lead to another,the guy i bought it from was too busy to advertize it so it sat some more,everytime i checked on it,he still had it,so eventually i made an offer on it,with covid going on and it was mine.here we are now with it sitting at the border on the U.S side,5 hours from home.hurry up and wait.it'll come together,i have no doubt.take care.Greg
Old 05-01-2021, 08:59 AM   #33
LT7A

Quote:
yes sir.i have had 4 of these trucks,now #5 sitting at the border.3 longhorns,2 regular long wheelbase 3/4 ton trucks.3 big blocks,2 350 trucks and too stoopid to be able to hang to at least one.that has now changed.this truck is going nowhere without me.i had a lady stop in at my old shop one day and said why are there 6 vehicles here?i said cause i don't have room for 12??made perfect sense to me?we have a new shop,lots of room.not selling anything else if i can help it.take care.Greg
I like this. I have finally accepted that I will continue to buy and hold, like you're supposed to do with stocks. There's more to this mindset than meets the eye, and I don't have to justify it to anybody.

If you aren't too far from the province to province border, I wonder if you can go there and find out if they will pass the vehicle through by itself. Then all you need to do is find a forum member to pick it up from the broker and drive it across New Brunswick and hand it off. A long shot maybe, but not unheard of. Especially if you have some parts they need ;)
LT7A is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 10:11 AM   #34
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
I like this. I have finally accepted that I will continue to buy and hold, like you're supposed to do with stocks. There's more to this mindset than meets the eye, and I don't have to justify it to anybody.

If you aren't too far from the province to province border, I wonder if you can go there and find out if they will pass the vehicle through by itself. Then all you need to do is find a forum member to pick it up from the broker and drive it across New Brunswick and hand it off. A long shot maybe, but not unheard of. Especially if you have some parts they need
hi,thanks.this little village i live in,Joggins,Nova Scotia is about 35 minutes or so from the New Brunswick border,then it's another 4 1/2 or 5 hours,give or take across New Brunswick to Calais at the Maine/New Brunswick border,where my truck is.it won't last long,maybe another week or 2 but right now, i can't get into NB,that border is closed and even though you can fire a rock across the bridge from Canada to the US,it might as well be a 1000 miles across that bridge.someone has to present the truck to US customs so they can verify the VIN before it leaves,then present all the paperwork to Canada customs.the broker doing my paperwork says they use a tow truck guy right there on the NB side,to go over,get the vehicle,stop at US,then Canada customs,then once on the CDN side,if i'm there.i get the truck,head for home.with everything shutdown,i can't get through NB ,and if i could,i can't get into the US,and the other side of the coin, someone from the US can't get to Canada.only essential travel is allowed,truckers,front line workers,people who live in NB and work in Maine,or live in Maine,work in NB can get back and forth but that's it.Calais,Maine and St Stephen,NB,the 2 little towns right there at the border have a deal in place for about 100 years where both fire services respond to fire,regardless of what side of the line,the fire may be at.i think there was something on the news a while ago,where the border folks were giving fire fighters going back and forth,a hard time??it shouldn't be so hard to get something done but right now,it seems to be with covid.my plan isn't all that difficult,if NB was open?it'll work out.i'm retired now but spent 35 years trucking and the last few years working for CAA,the Canadian version of AAA so i have lots of connections to the trucking and tow truck business.i let some folks know,if they had space or an empty truck near Calais,i'd pay for the space and get my truck here or closer?we'll get'er done.can't wait.

Last edited by mr.mud1; 05-01-2021 at 10:23 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 06-09-2021, 12:03 AM   #35
mr.mud1

Hi guys hope everybody is doing well.i wanted to give a little update regarding my 72 truck that had left Utah on April 24th heading to Maine,arrived in Maine at the Canada/US border on April 27th.the borders are all still closed and the truck is still in Maine.i had hoped it would be here long before this or I could go to Maine and get it but nothing is open.things are getting better quickly and on tonight's news,they announced that it was looking hopeful for the borders to re-open June 21st so we'll hurry up and wait, see what happens in the next couple of weeks. All the best.Greg
Old 06-09-2021, 12:38 AM   #36
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Thanks for the update, Greg! I had been wondering.... Must feel a bit like a kid waiting for Christmas, seems to take forever to get here.

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 05:40 AM   #37
Redneck Rydes

Quote:
Hi guys hope everybody is doing well.i wanted to give a little update regarding my 72 truck that had left Utah on April 24th heading to Maine,arrived in Maine at the Canada/US border on April 27th.the borders are all still closed and the truck is still in Maine.i had hoped it would be here long before this or I could go to Maine and get it but nothing is open.things are getting better quickly and on tonight's news,they announced that it was looking hopeful for the borders to re-open June 21st so we'll hurry up and wait, see what happens in the next couple of weeks. All the best.Greg
I hope it does also,I would like to go see My family and bring home a couple of trucks that have been sitting in my yard since March 2020 in SC
Redneck Rydes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 06:46 AM   #38
Happy_dan

What an adventure. Just think, it's part of the story you can tell about the truck going forward.
Happy_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:38 AM   #39
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Thanks for the update, Greg! I had been wondering.... Must feel a bit like a kid waiting for Christmas, seems to take forever to get here.
Hi Mike.just like Christmas, maybe worse cause at least you knew when Christmas was??.I have no idea when I'll finally get my hands on this truck,but nobody is sick,there's lots to eat and a big new shop to play in.if all I got from covid was a delay getting my truck home, I guess I'm lucky,lots of folks didn't fare so well. A 100 years from now,we'll look back at this and laugh.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:41 AM   #40
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck Rydes View Post
I hope it does also,I would like to go see My family and bring home a couple of trucks that have been sitting in my yard since March 2020 in SC
Yes sir,better days are coming.we'll get there. Take care.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:56 AM   #41
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_dan View Post
What an adventure. Just think, it's part of the story you can tell about the truck going forward.
Hi Dan.it has been an adventure hasn't it and you,ve been along for the ride for a while now?I think when you get the drive shaft back in your truck,you should take a run to the border in your beautiful truck to check on mine?you're closer to it than I am,ha-ha.i was thinking yesterday while I was out in the shop working on the 67 wagon,it was over a year that i first heard about this truck of mine,probably about 8 months since I paid for it and was prepared to leave it Utah til I could go get it but everythinged when the guy I bought it from,wanted it gone,so now we're tied up with the truck at the border and I can't get to it?this truck already has a bit of a story and so it grows.it'll all work out. All the best.Greg
Old 07-29-2021, 09:45 PM   #42
mr.mud1

1972 chevy cheyenne super is finally home.it only took about 8 months?it actually made it home a couple weeks ago but i had some computer problems so i couldn't load up the pictures although i had some on my phone but i'm about as hi-tech as a turnip so no clue how to get them from the phone to here?one of these days i'll figure it out but right now trying to make up for the 25 years of storage that this truck endured.i'm finding lots of stupid things wrong but easy fixes and nothing serious.i'm still trying to figure out why there's a 6 inch spike in the stifter linkage??all in all,a super solid old truck with 74,000 miles,built in Freemont,Ca,sold new at Hoffman Chevrolet in City of Industry,Ca.i'll be doing brakes,new tires,changing all the fluids,rebuilding the carb,changing a bunch of hoses and on and on as well as trying to find what's left of the original paint.stay tuned.
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2021, 09:48 PM   #43
72 tigger

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to seeing it come together
Kirk
72 tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 09:56 PM   #44
mr.mud1

a few more pictures after arriving home.
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2021, 10:10 PM   #45
Willys_MB

I want to see more of that 40’s sedan in your shop

Glad it made it home!
Old 07-29-2021, 10:22 PM   #46
mr.mud1

thanks,i'm glad it finally made it here too.it was a long time coming.that other car is a 39 Chrysler i'm building.i have a thread about it in the alternate tinkerings section i believe it's called.there some of the story there and pictures of the progress i'm making on that.i went to pick up the floor sections i had made at the sheet metal shop today,they were closed early?? anyway that's where i'm working now,trying to come up with something that looks like a floor.take care.Greg
Old 07-29-2021, 11:11 PM   #47
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

That truck is a survivor man, almost completely intact, and has clearly been on a dry shelf for a long while.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 12:23 AM   #48
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Thumbs up Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super 20 on the way home

Hey Greg, glad you got some pictures posted on the board! I'm amazed you were able to find such a nice clean well-equipped original truck. Looks great!

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:44 AM   #49
mr.mud1

Hi Tony,thanks.i have had a bunch of these trucks,never one like this.the more I work on it,the more things I find that are just plain cool,paper tags on parts,original,I think,Power beam headlights,spiral rear shocks and on and on.it's going to a blast getting this up and running again.wrong carb and no hubcaps but I'll find some. Take care.
Old 07-30-2021, 05:47 AM   #50
mr.mud1

Yes sir Mike.i was very lucky to find it.the nephew of the original owner was left the old homestead in Idaho,where the truck was,in a building for 25 years.i spoke with him on the phone in Santa Ana,Ca.he told me he was going to pull the truck out and send it to the scrap yard.i'm awful glad he didn't and it ended up here.all the best.Greg