The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-06-2022, 02:16 PM   #1
Mike80D

71 C/10 project

First post in the project section. Recently acquired this Oshawa built 71. It has been a Tennessee truck most of its life, so there’s some weight reduction going on. It’s pretty solid where it counts though, so I figured it would be a good canvas to start with. The original 307, and 3 speed are gone, but I’ve got a fresh .60 over 283 with a very mild Summit cam, and a fresh set of Power Pak heads. I’ll probably pick up a 1406 Edelbrock to go with the old school aluminum intake with the chrome oil filler. Won’t be doing any racing, just a good cruiser. I’m wanting to go with an automatic trans. OD would be nice, but we’ll see what’s available within budget. The bed floor is rusted beyond repair, so I’ve pretty much decided to just buy a swb floor, and get to cutting on the rest. This definitely goes against what I usually preach, but it’s not going to be original anyway so we might as well have a little fun with it. A mild static drop will be in order as well just because that’s what all the cool kids are doing. Progress will likely be slow, and it looks like I’m going to be learning how to do some body work. Here’s a few pics as the truck sits now.
Attached Images

Mike80D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 09:15 PM   #2
yuccales

Re: 71 C/10 project

Good old truck! Always liked those valve covers.
yuccales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 05:53 AM   #3
Mike80D

Re: 71 C/10 project

Got the truck hauled down to the shop, and bed removed. Bought the Brother’s swb conversion kit, and DJM flip kit. Been focusing on the engine lately. Getting close to first fire.
Attached Images

Mike80D is offline   Reply With Quote