The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-29-2024, 11:37 AM   #51
jeffahart

Re: Prices of our trucks at BJ Scottsdale

I like the resto mods. But for the long run, I think the average person is better off buying something leaning more towards stock.

Most people have difficulties with a collector vehicle because it's becoming harder to get people that are willing to work on them. A few years down the road, after the mods become dated, it gets even harder to find someone willing to put their hands on them. At least with a stock vehicle the owner can pick up a manual and refer the mechanic to page 265 and an autozone link to the parts needed. It's already coming to that!

I've been going to the BJ auction every year since I moved out here. It's a fun afternoon for me. I really like to walk through all the tents and see the vehicles up close. They have a sold sticker and the sold price. Sometimes it's a real head scratcher, why did that go for so much, and that for so little. A lot of the trucks posted above are gorgeous when seen up close.

But, it's all just a snapshot in time. Who knows what the market will bear five short years from now. It's fun to watch though.

j
Old 01-29-2024, 12:08 PM   #52
Joyridin

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom10nut View Post
Absolutely.
I always say that these old guys are buying these vehicles for the Little Hottie sitting next to them, because they match the color of her shoes and purse.
Did you see that pink/coral 65 (maybe 64,66, r 67) Corvette convertible? Nothing too special, except it sold for $1m. The dude's girlfriend was jumping in her seat when he won. No self respecting guy would have bought that car for himself. That was definitely a case of "I am getting laid tonight!"
Joyridin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 12:26 PM   #53
Garsam

I’m looking at the picture of the Humvee and I’m thinking why would you do that and what are you gonna use it for? As far as the prices I’m thinking just because you can do something doesn’t mean that you should. Crazy rich people spending their money like it’s a monopoly game.
Garsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 12:26 PM   #54
MikeB

Early April Fool's, right? Those prices seem to be at least 2-3 times much as I would have guessed.

Also, it seems strange that so many of them are jacked-up K models.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 12:42 AM   #55
Garsam

Saw this 68 k10 on Hemming’s. Sold for $48,800
Attached Images

Garsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 12:15 PM   #56
MikeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garsam View Post
Saw this 68 k10 on Hemmings. Sold for $48,800
Even though it may be a little high, that price is more in line with what I would have expected.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 23 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote