The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2021, 11:27 AM   #1
mister.freeze

Finally getting AC

So after owning my 72 K5 for 22 years, I'm finally getting around to putting air conditioning back in it. I installed the major components and am looking for a place locally to have the hoses crimped.

After installing the Condenser, the truck ran really hot. I did a drain and flush, and checked the thermostat. All good. It's a universal AC kit, so the condenser has it's own fan. I tied it into the electric radiator fans, and the helped a little. All this BEFORE even servicing and running the AC system. I have 2 12" fans on the radiator that before the condenser install kept the temp needle in the first 1/4 of the gauge. The condenser can't be blocking that much air, can it? When I run the system and the condenser gets warm, things will just get worse, probably. Thoughts? any chance of a coincidental water pump or temp sensor issue? Thanks all.