The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-22-2011, 01:26 AM   #1
mygreat68

Looking for interior answers!

Hello all! I'm looking for suggestions and thoughts for my interior ideas in Gretchen my 68 C-10! I, as most of us I'm sure are, am on an extremely tight budget. so anything and everything that I can do to my project which requires little to no cost is a win win! So Gretchens factory interior is pretty worn out however pretty in tact. I wanted to see what conditon her floor boards were in, so after pealing back on the three or four layers of flooring that the factory installed I found Beautifully solid totally clean steel! My idea is to pull up all the carpet and evrey other layer and expose the steel, then apply some bed liner to the exposed steel to create a rugged yet pleasing to the eye look! Is that crazy talk or not a bad idea? How crucial would that be for in cab noise!??! any body with any ideas is greatly appreciated. I'll up load pics tomorrow morning! Thanks for the thoughts,
~Nick
~~Gretchen
mygreat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 01:42 AM   #2
threeonthetree

Re: Looking for interior answers!

im runnin my truck with just a rubber mat on the floor its not to loud. i say just tear all that junk carpet w/e else they got in there out bed line it and run a mat or nothing should be fine man!

1969 c10 AKA SIN

1985 SSWB TRAZER
(super short wheel base)
threeonthetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:14 AM   #3
mygreat68

Re: Looking for interior answers!

thats the kind of stuff I'm looking for! Damn, forums are awesome! I figured I should just tear it out, but I dunno, i've never done it! Any way, Thats great! Can't wait until tomorrow! Bye bye ugly floors! Pics to come!!!