The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-03-2021, 01:44 PM   #1
conoco

Help with where to start my inner rocker replacement

So I ordered all the parts I needed to replace the inner and outer rockers along with the front cab floor brace and the kick panel.

The rear cab brace is in great shape. I also ordered the floor pan just because I figured if I was gonna have new rockers and everything I might as well do some of the floor also. The floor is in great shape though just bought it incase.

My problem is I took the outter and inner out because they were shot, I couldnt see until I took them off that the pillars are also shot just on the bottom. Can anyone suggest where to start on this project? I didnt want to cut the pillars yet which would give me access to start installing the inner rocker because I was worried I wouldnt be able to get the proper alignment when it finally did come to doing the pillars. All in all I didnt want to start really cutting until I got some input from you all. Just need to know where the best place to start would be . Thank you

I know it's hard to see but the only thing that is rusted out are the bottom of the pillars, out rocker and inner.
Attached Images

conoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:56 PM   #2
Davidf

Re: Help with where to start my inner rocker replacement

Pretty typical rust scenario (almost same extent as mine that I just finished). Go ahead and get the door post bottom section patch panel and cut below the hinge plate. At this point, you should probably reinforce the cab so things don't move before you cut the kick panel and door post. IIRC, the inner rocker is bolted to the cab support brace behind the door post. So, inner rocker, floor sections, kick panel, door post, cab corner (anything in back) outer rocker in that order.
Davidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 06:22 PM   #3
conoco

Thank you I appreciate it, I'll give it a go, just didnt want to start cutting and cause bigger issues!! Thanks for the help.
conoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 06:50 PM   #4
Davidf

Go ahead and remove the remaining portion of the rocker in the rear (door jamb). I think you will find you need to replace the bottom of the door jamb as well (latch jamb).
Davidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:02 PM   #5
Fbks_Cruiser

Have you seen the youtube videos member May70 has on this very subject? They are pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkS...confirmation=1

Matt
Fbks_Cruiser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:37 AM   #6
tim_mc

What helped me was watching the Eastwood 3-part series on how to replace C10 inner rockers, outer rockers, lower pillar, etc. Here's the link to Part 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9dg...astwoodCompany

~Tim
Old 03-05-2021, 10:17 AM   #7
combat72

Ebfabman has a 3 DVD set on repairing floors, inner and outer rockers, cab corners, A and B pillars, etc. Worth checking out.
combat72 is offline   Reply With Quote