The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2023, 11:18 PM   #1
cornerstone

What wires can I remove from the factory harness?

Now that I have a dedicated workspace I'm finally back on my 72 C10 / L83 swap. I'm now at the point of installing the factory truck wiring. I dug the original truck harness out of storage and gave it a good cleaning. I would rather remove whatever excess wiring is not needed before I install it in the truck. I figure it'll save me a backache if I do it while it's on my workbench instead of me trying to becoming a contortionist and doing it while its on the truck.

I've installed a 2014 L83 (5.3) with a 6L80E automatic transmission. I already have the stand alone harness for the engine and it only needs a few wires to make it run. I also have the Dakota Digital RTX series gauges and a Vintage Air system I need to install and accommodate for.

Any of you fellas care to enlighten me as to what wiring you would remove to make as clean of an install as possible? Or maybe you have other things for me to consider? I'm all ears...

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote