The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-14-2022, 11:18 PM   #2601
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: What did you do today not on your truck...

I bought a new table saw, which is 220V, as opposed to the 110V job I have from before. After I got it home, I remembered that I had removed the 220V outlet that I had used for my previous table saw, which was 220V.

Today, I removed the j-box cover and discovered that I have the proper color wires so that I'm certain that when I connect the saw it won't explode because I hooked it to the power wrong. That's a $5k sweaty eyebrow wipe, for sure.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 11:55 PM   #2602
68bowtie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I bought a new table saw, which is 220V, as opposed to the 110V job I have from before. After I got it home, I remembered that I had removed the 220V outlet that I had used for my previous table saw, which was 220V.

Today, I removed the j-box cover and discovered that I have the proper color wires so that I'm certain that when I connect the saw it won't explode because I hooked it to the power wrong. That's a $5k sweaty eyebrow wipe, for sure.
Haha! I know that feeling, I know just enough about everything to get my self into trouble by trying it myself. I have about a 50/50 rate of getting it right and saving money vs blowing something up and paying dearly for it.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 08:16 AM   #2603
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
They require a high fiber diet?
And I started out to just do the weed eating but it was early afternoon and well, I ended up doing the whole yard. 1st cut of the season is done. It was looking pretty rough.
That job I took with that maniac that I lost in Jan had me keeping a record in my book I kept my time and work descriptions in. So I found myself recording other info. I've always been curious how long in the year I have to mow, so I recorded each time. I mow once a week and turns out I mowed exactly 1/2 the year, 26 times. That was April - November. I guess we have leaves on trees May - October, or the beginning of November. I end up mowing over leaves some at the end of the season. Our frost-free date for planting is May 15. But many are already planting annuals. Not me. I may plant a week or so early, but never that early. Seems foolish to me. That frost will sneak up and bit you! This year many were planting in March. It was in the 30s last night

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 09:01 AM   #2604
KW5413

The Queen and I took the girls and their husbands to the Journey concert, in Dallas, Wednesday night. TOTO was the opening act. Both bands were amazing. Like most bands ''Live'' is much more intense than you hear on the radio.

The girls were raised listening to CD's of the rockers of the late 60s thru the early 80s so they knew most of the words to the songs. Our trip sing-a-longs were driven by the likes of Seger, Heart, Beatles, Aerosmith, ZZ Top etc.

These old band concerts are great for people watching. Some of the old gals trying to look like they did 40 - 50 years ago (without much success) and the old guys struggling to make it up the steps going to the pisser 5 times...LOL!

But the really cool part is seeing the multi-generational attendance. Like us taking our kids and others taking kids and grandkids...all knowing the words. Rock will live on.

The music puts you back in a time when we thought we had forever...to live.

!! ROCK ON !!
KW5413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 09:46 AM   #2605
Rickysnickers

Quote:

What did you get? I would like to buy one of those Saw Stop tablesaws.
Rickysnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 10:09 AM   #2606
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW5413 View Post
The Queen and I took the girls and their husbands to the Journey concert, in Dallas, Wednesday night. TOTO was the opening act. Both bands were amazing. Like most bands ''Live'' is much more intense than you hear on the radio.

The girls were raised listening to CD's of the rockers of the late 60s thru the early 80s so they knew most of the words to the songs. Our trip sing-a-longs were driven by the likes of Seger, Heart, Beatles, Aerosmith, ZZ Top etc.

These old band concerts are great for people watching. Some of the old gals trying to look like they did 40 - 50 years ago (without much success) and the old guys struggling to make it up the steps going to the pisser 5 times...LOL!

But the really cool part is seeing the multi-generational attendance. Like us taking our kids and others taking kids and grandkids...all knowing the words. Rock will live on.

!! ROCK ON !!
Yeah. Some people don't see that that ship has sailed. You might have been a hottie when Jimmy Carter was President. But now....Eh?

Journey and Toto? Did they have to dig Steve Perry up before the concert?

I shouldn't make fun. I'd be one of those old guys running to the pisser.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 10:44 AM   #2607
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
What did you get? I would like to buy one of those Saw Stop tablesaws.
The new one is a 3 HP SawStop. I bought a SawStop portable jobsite saw (1-3/4 HP) several years ago, but it has issues. It's one turn from all the way down to all the way up, and it's a pain in the butt to set the height for a dado or rabbet. It also bogs down when I'm ripping any wood over 1" thick. Other than that there is nothing wrong with it. I'll be selling it to make room for the new saw. Fortunately the new saw uses the same blades as the old saw.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 04-15-2022, 11:29 AM   #2608
special-K
Special Order

Quote:

!! ROCK ON !!
I never left that time, only changed with times as minimally required. But I am beginning to get the whole won't live forever thing. THAT notion has been forced upon me
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
Yeah. Some people don't see that that ship has sailed.
I never got off that ship. Might not look like it, but it's what's inside that counts. I'm 66 and single. It's slim pickin' these days for the one I need (want). I tried going much younger, but there's more to it than good looks..........still! Nothing better than silvered beauty!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 04-15-2022, 06:10 PM   #2609
dieseldawg142

Quote:
i do plan on living forever.....so far, so good..
dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 09:56 PM   #2610
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I went up to the hardware store to get wire and conduit, etc., to run 220 to my new table saw. I was looking at jacks and plugs and other such nonsense when I remembered that I had an extension cord that I used to use for a 6 HP planer-molder that I have since sold. Since the new saw is 3 HP and draws less amps, I'm going to save myself a couple hundred dollars. All I need is one jack on the end of that cord that my saw can plug into. SCORE!

Simi Valley, CA
Old 04-15-2022, 10:18 PM   #2611
Boog
laying low

Pleasant surprise huh.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 10:35 PM   #2612
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
I went up to the hardware store to get wire and conduit, etc., to run 220 to my new table saw. I was looking at jacks and plugs and other such nonsense when I remembered that I had an extension cord that I used to use for a 6 HP planer-molder that I have since sold. Since the new saw is 3 HP and draws less amps, I'm going to save myself a couple hundred dollars. All I need is one jack on the end of that cord that my saw can plug into. SCORE!
Nice! Make sure you don't trip on the cord. OSHA hates trip hazards!

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 11:52 PM   #2613
68bowtie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Don’t get me started on OSHA. The law literally states the owner SHALL eliminate ANY and ALL, POTENTIAL hazards. Just let that soak in. In other words, the state shall take no liability, that’s the simple intent of the law.

Project "Little Sister" (70 c10 blue original paint refresh)
Project "C10 Fever" (68 factory black 396 swb)
Project "Blue Bomb" (70 c30 blue original paint refresh)
Project "Vitamin C" (71 c10 orange original paint refresh)
68bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 12:13 AM   #2614
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68bowtie View Post
Don’t get me started on OSHA. The law literally states the owner SHALL eliminate ANY and ALL, POTENTIAL hazards.
Then why does OSHA keep letting me get married?

It's been pretty hazardous.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 04-16-2022, 12:56 AM   #2615
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

My German Shepherd drinks out of the toilet. (gross)

I had to pee real bad today and had to wait in line because he was already in there and he won't move.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 04-16-2022, 07:44 AM   #2616
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
I'll say! The price of wire is through the roof. Down in the more populated area, Lowe's and Home Depot now keep all that in a locked cage. How thieves stroll out the door with a roll of cable is a mystery to me. They don't cage it at the ones I go to. I need to run power to my little garage I built, and my barn I'm moving from there. On the second floor of the barn I have a 250' roll of 12/3 I bought 20 or so years ago. Thank goodness!! That was a good investment

Tim

Old 04-16-2022, 10:06 AM   #2617
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Pleasant surprise huh.
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
I'm going to run it across the rafters like all my other extension cords. I tripped over a power cord last year and caught my right big toe under the take up reel. Peeled the nail right off. It's been 14 months, so it's almost grown all the way back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I'll say! The price of wire is through the roof. Down in the more populated area, Lowe's and Home Depot now keep all that in a locked cage. How thieves stroll out the door with a roll of cable is a mystery to me. They don't cage it at the ones I go to. I need to run power to my little garage I built, and my barn I'm moving from there. On the second floor of the barn I have a 250' roll of 12/3 I bought 20 or so years ago. Thank goodness!! That was a good investment
There is a ring of people who steal large quantities of Romex from hardware stores. I'm talking thousands of dollars at a time. Not sure how they accomplish that, but it isn't helping the price of wire, that's for sure. So, you invested in some semi-precious metal, and the investment paid off! I have some Romex left from some wiring work, but it's too small for the saw's power draw. I sure am glad I didn't toss that extension cord. That would've been real dumb.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 04-16-2022, 10:47 AM   #2618
special-K
Special Order

I see rolls of romex for sale on FB Marketplace. Pictures of rolls and rolls. Yeah right, you bought all that but don't need it?

Tim

Old 04-16-2022, 11:21 AM   #2619
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I think it was last week at our store we had a bunch stolen. All of the rolls of wires are now cabled down so you have to ask an associate to use their special magnetic tool to unlock them. Next the associate walks the cable up to the register so the customer can purchase it. No more handing customers anything expensive and letting them roam. The amount of brazen theft is shocking to me. I had no idea this was a thing in retail. I figured yes a little here and there, but I see it every single day. Makes me think twice about the human race.

Apparently someone figured out the correct way to open the special locks/alarm and somehow loaded a bunch on to a flat cart. Next they went out the back of the lumber area into what we call the bullpen. Its totally locked and fenced in. They tossed the spools of wire over the wall to their buddies. I think it was between 10 and 13K's worth of wire.
Old 04-16-2022, 11:40 AM   #2620
special-K
Special Order

Makes my blood curdle. They don't want me seeing that. Doesn't anyone wonder why someone would be pushing a heavy cart across the store not toward the register? What lumber can you add to a flat cart with wire rolls on it anyway? I'd knock them out from behind with a 2x4 lickity split. I'll take the charge. The world needs more brave people.

Tim

Old 04-16-2022, 11:52 AM   #2621
Boog
laying low

You have to know some of those thefts are done with inside help. I worked for a large lumber company for 30 years and from time to time some employees were caught in the act.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 12:19 PM   #2622
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

At my son's store they find toilets or vanities sitting out in the garden section. Thieves use the boxes and load them full of power tools. Sometimes they get caught. If my son (if he's subbing at a register) sees a box that he even thinks has been opened, he inspects the contents. Nothing like finding a welding machine in a vanity box. Customer says, "Hey, how did that get in there!?" and wanders off. People grab the battery-powered DeWalt combo pack (drill, driver, circular saw, etc) and just run out the door with it. Employees are not allowed to chase them down. People are moving to California because they raised the felony theft limit and the police won't even go after people for misdemeanor theft. Their system is short hundreds of generators. That had to have been an inside job.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 04-17-2022, 08:40 AM   #2623
72c20customcamper

Tim only problem is the guy you knocked out would probably win a lawsuit against you and the store . When I bought my 1/2 inch Dewalt impact I had to walk up to the register with an empty box they had the stock all locked up. They put the empty back on the shelf . A few days before two guys walked in grabbed 2 drills each and walked out.

Employees have been instructed not to stop or even approach the thief .
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 09:20 AM   #2624
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Tim only problem is the guy you knocked out would probably win a lawsuit against you and the store .
Have Will Smith do it.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 04-17-2022, 10:16 AM   #2625
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
Have Will Smith do it.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote