The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1988-1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2009, 10:38 PM   #1
westofb
I really hate wet sanding!

Stainless Steel Headers for SBC

I have for sale a set of Stainless Steel Headers for SBC in 1988-98 trucks and am asking $75.00 OBO plus actual shipping. I bought this set of headers for a 69 Chevy truck, but they would not fit due to them contacting the frame rails. These have never been used but there is a few issues with them that I feel needs to be mentioned. As stated before, I was trying to get these to fit a 69 Chevy, the passenger side fit with no problems, the driver side was the problem. These are mid length headers and the exhaust flange on the driver side was contacting the inside of the frame rail. I dented the pipes on the bottom sides near the head and near the collector in an attempt to get the exhaust flange to pull in closer to the engine block. All efforts failed to get them to bend so I had to go another route. The dents placed in the driver side header will not effect it's functionality and from the engine compartment, they will not be noticable. These are new and include the mounting bolts and collectors and I paid over $250.00 for them. Respond in thread if interested. I will get photos of the headers and the dents mentioned above in a day or two. Thanks, Jeff.
westofb is offline   Reply With Quote