The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-10-2014, 09:27 AM   #26
truckdude239

Re: GMC Pauls vs Brother's

gmcpauls allt eh way now after my last thing with brothers i canceled my order and order from paul had everything is 3 days

1971 Chevy c-10 under going a 4.8l LSx swap

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=421305

2007 Honda Accord my daily 145kmiles
2002 Honda Accord 4 door With 330k(sisters car)
2005 toyota Avalon 228k( brothers car)
2002 Sububran 5.3 245k
2000 Tahoe 5.3l 378

General manager for Marco's Carwash & lube
truckdude239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:34 AM   #27
396ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdude239 View Post
gmcpauls allt eh way now after my last thing with brothers i canceled my order and order from paul had everything is 3 days
seems all the vendors take a little longer to ship these days. i like lmc but since im on the west coast, my orders arrive faster from brothers and early classic. i will say that gmc pauls was one of the first vendors to offer the blazer bed sides (and i got a set). good luck with your project!
1974 Chevy Crew Cab Shorty
396ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:23 AM   #28
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

When I was more heavily involved in 67-72 trucks, I ordered from Paul periodically. I agree his communication channels can be unsettling if you're new to him and don't necessarily trust him yet. But, he has his reasons for being online only communication and he always delivers what he promises.

That said, the nice thing about ordering from him is that my money puts food on his table. It doesn't go into a big corporate pipeline to be disseminated to the employees as it filters down. Same reason I like Craigslist so much. I'm looking at the guy face to face that's getting my money.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:29 PM   #29
speedfreak369

I've done 99 percent of my shopping with gmc Paul's and been really happy with it

1967 c10 fleetside 350/350 trans (my baby)
speedfreak369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:06 PM   #30
kcsa75

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOOBYDOOBYDOO View Post
Everything I have ordered from Paul has been of the highest quality avail.

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:44 AM   #31
70cst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Firefighter View Post
When I was more heavily involved in 67-72 trucks, I ordered from Paul periodically. I agree his communication channels can be unsettling if you're new to him and don't necessarily trust him yet. But, he has his reasons for being online only communication and he always delivers what he promises.

That said, the nice thing about ordering from him is that my money puts food on his table. It doesn't go into a big corporate pipeline to be disseminated to the employees as it filters down. Same reason I like Craigslist so much. I'm looking at the guy face to face that's getting my money.
Spot on

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #32
ChevyGearHeads

Second purchase from Paul's. I got Heater Controls and I am very Pleased. Another great purchase and very satisfied Thank you for doing such great business !
ChevyGearHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:42 PM   #33
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

My first look is always with GMC Paul, because I live on the East Coast, but for west Coast guys, Wes at Classic Heartbeat has quality parts / service too. Brothers, IMO has gotten so big, its out of control.

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)

Last edited by D.PASSMORE; 05-16-2014 at 03:12 PM.
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:55 PM   #34
jocko

I have two favorite vendors - GMC Pauls and Wes at Classic Heartbeat. For example, bought my dash bezel from Wes, it's perfect, no flaking. I don't know if it's drop-shipped or where it originated, but I know he carries quality, so I go with him. Paul's weatherstripping is the way to go, I try to avoid glue-on wx-stripping, and am very satisfied with the set I got from him. I look at Classic Heartbeat and GMCPaul's first - if they don't carry it, THEN I look at LMC/Brothers, etc. LMC is convenient and their catalog very helpful. But I've had the worst luck with them when it comes to "oh by the way, this is back-ordered" (usually the ONE thing that holds up a project), or a poor fit part, or whatever. Haven't had any bad experiences with Brothers, but to be honest, haven't used them very much. I do use LMC from time to time, and I'm glad they are there to provide what they provide. But when it comes to a particular part where quality of mfgr will matter, I always take the time to seek out Wes or GMC Pauls.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:17 PM   #35
jlaird

Another member with good experience from Paul.
jlaird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:27 PM   #36
briank

Just got done placing another order from gmcpauls. Ive been very happy with the sheetmetal I get from him. I did have some trouble placing the online order though on my cell phone (no more home computer for now), couldnt finish with my phone but was able to with my wifes.
briank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:40 PM   #37
powell72

I ordered a part recently from Paul, it was one of the parts he gets dropshipped from Brothers, I had an issue with it and Paul helped me way more than Brothers ever has.
Huge customer service advantage with GMCPaul's

http://www.classictrucks.com/feature...short_bed.html
powell72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:39 AM   #38
WIDESIDE72

I havent purchased much from GMC Paul, but when i did it arrived as expected and good quality. The same cannot be said of Brothers. I mad a large order once and noticed some parts were missing with no mention of it on the invoice. I called and was td it was back ordered i waited about a month and called back, same story so i cancelled. Wes at Classic Heartbeat is also a great vendor. I recently came across a seller on the parts board with a big block air cleaner spacer stove and pipe for sale as a package. I only needed the stove and pipe. I made an offer on just what i needed. The seller didnt want to split it up for what i wanted to pay. Wes offered me the same parts for the price i was willing to pay, cleaned and painted to boot!
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 07:45 AM   #39
WIDESIDE72

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post
I havent purchased much from GMC Paul, but when i did it arrived as expected and good quality. The same cannot be said of Brothers. I mad a large order once and noticed some parts were missing with no mention of it on the invoice. I called and was td it was back ordered i waited about a month and called back, same story so i cancelled. Wes at Classic Heartbeat is also a great vendor. I recently came across a seller on the parts board with a big block air cleaner spacer stove and pipe for sale as a package. I only needed the stove and pipe. I made an offer on just what i needed. The seller didnt want to split it up for what i wanted to pay. Wes offered me the same parts for the price i was willing to pay, cleaned and painted to boot!
I got my vendors mixed up. I actually biught the stove and pipe from pickmup/ Wes. However Wes at Classic heartbeat offers good quality parts prices and service as well.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:12 AM   #40
Hawghauler

I've bought from all the above except for brothers. I found that both Wes at classic heartbeat, and GMC Paul's quality to be top notch. I tend to favor Wes because he's closer, but also because he notices if you double order, or if he thinks you're making a fitment mistake. He called me personally and asked if I needed two sets of vent gaskets or just one. Naturally I only needed one and hadn't realized I'd ordered two. That's the kind of service you get from a quality Mom and Pop business. Thanks again Wes.

1967 c10 Longbed (Hawghauler/Icy weather transport)
2003 BMW K1200GT (Rain bike)
2007 Softail Deuce (Sun bike)
2009 Ultra Classic Electra Glide (Everything else bike)
Hawghauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #41
matt_field

There is no comparison, pauls all the way, brothers has the worst customer service ive ever seen. Made a promise to myself to never do business with them again, ever

matt
1968 4wd shortbox
1971 Cheyenne swb k10 unrestored
1971 Cheyenne super 40k 402bb survivor
1967 Chevy k10 (first truck)
1968 L78 camaro survivor 18k miles
1969 z28 survivor 60k miles
1969 z28 survivor 39k miles
1969 z28 rs survivor 80k miles
matt_field is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:01 PM   #42
In The Ten Ring

I ordered new weatherstripping from Classic Heartbeat but I haven't put it on yet. Anyone have experience with their push on door rubber and side window rubber?
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #43
C/10 King

I have never bought anything from GMC Pauls, but I have heard nothing but good things about him! Brothers on the other hand I've been dealing with them for about 20 years and after about 40 to 60 Chevy and GMC trucks later... I keep going back to Brothers!
1971 Short Fleet
1970 Jimmy Custom 2 WD "Golden Ticket"
1972 Blazer 2 WD "Retro Blaze"
C/10 King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:32 PM   #44
leddzepp

Re: GMC Pauls vs Brothers

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Ten Ring View Post
I ordered new weatherstripping from Classic Heartbeat but I haven't put it on yet. Anyone have experience with their push on door rubber and side window rubber?
It's the best quality. Period.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:19 AM   #45
72K5CSTDarkOlive

I made my first order from GMCPauls and so far I'm really happy with the quality and service.

AC Condensor - Had nice black powder coat finish. Looks really slick and matches all the other parts I'm having powder coated.

Heater Core - Looks exactly the same as original with the copper tubes

10 piece SS brake line kit for 72 Blazer - Haven't installed them yet, but they look amazing..

Trans cooler lines SS -

Charcoal canister lines SS - These came dropped shipped from inline tube for the same price if you went direct

Poly Gas tank - wow this thing is light. Came with new sending units and brackets.

So far I'm very impressed with GMCpauls and I am going to continue to order more parts as I'm rebuilding my 72 K5. I just wish GMCPauls carried everything I needed. But what that tells me is that he is only going to sell something of quality and not sell a product that is not of good quality. Everything is MADE IN USA from what they say.. But upon further inspection, I pretty sure it is.

I'll never order anything from LMC again.. They make nothing that actual fits a K5.. Plus the parts looks and feel cheap. Ordered weather stripping at one point and it wouldn't fit correctly.

Build version 2.0: 72 K5
6.0 LQ9, 4L80e, NP205
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=793192
Old 06-10-2014, 11:41 AM   #46
ERASER5

I had the opportunity to actually go to GMCPauls place. I met Les and he knew his inventory. Showed me a lot of high quality parts, I think I bought a set of mirrors.
ERASER5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:42 PM   #47
oldschool18

I have ordered from LMC, Brothers, a place here in PA called Lutty's and some other places. I think they all have good things and bad things just some are more than others, Got my windshield rubber from brothers and it went in smooth like 30 mins and fit great. Got clear markers from brothers and the stainless rings around the lights were falling off, but called one time with a Q? and the guy at brothers ran down to the warehouse to get a measurement for me also. Got a lot of stuff from Luttys for my truck and Impala never had a problem but I ordered 67 side molding from them ( it was new product for them and they just started selling it and it was 100.00 cheaper than anyone else) but when it showed up they sent me some wrong pieces, they didn't pack it cause it came straight from the manufacturer. Stuff happens and most places will work with you some times you just got to talk to the right person.

62 Impala
70 C-10 LWB
71 K-10 SWB
85 C-10 LWB==SOLD
01 2500 HD

Members Met......2003Silverado (Dave)
oldschool18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:24 AM   #48
Modaddio

getting ready to buy some window rubber from Pauls...1 question..large window?

I have a 72 C-10 long bed. I'm going with LARGE window since it goes all the way across the back of the cab.

Just emailed them and had a few more questions about their "inclusive kit".

I'll post what I order and hopefully progress on the truck.

RC
Attached Images

Last edited by Modaddio; 08-09-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Modaddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 12:31 PM   #49
Steven R

I have to say that with everything that I have gotten from GMC puals has been better then the other stuff that I have been able to find local. When I go to the local place and put hands on the stuff he sells and compare it to what I have in the past received from Paul the quality is noticeable. I just dont like being told to my face its the best they make, knowing what I have at home is mush better and really is like OEM. Things like the sheet metal and weather striping. Also the cab rubber mounts for my 3/4 ton. I lost one part of the bushing set, possible got tossed with the old set. and need to order a replacement but cant cause they know I am Canadian. That brings me to my only complaint is the fact he refuses to deal with a Canadian customer, I have tried a few times to purchases more good from him. I dont ask him to ship over the boarder as I have access to a US post office drop centre, I have offered to Pay with what ever method would be acceptable for them, paypal, money order, Mastercard, short of sending cash. as soon as he finds out you are a Canadian he stops all transactions. I even got a US credit card last time but my email was the same so they cancelled that as well.

I get it he has been burned in the past but others committing fraud, but I was willing to send a money order or a certified check, let him receive the payment and wait until it had cleared, and only after the payment had cleared send the goods, again even to a US address but NO GO. I wish there was a way to get more stuff like it was a while back.

I guess I will have to find a new friend in the USA willing to order on my behalf but thats alot to ask a person. I know there are other places in Canada to get goods from but when you need to replace missing or lost parts to match up with others that does not work well. But with that being said I really love the fact of how the web page makes it simple to know that what you are looking at is what he feels is the best parts available and take the time to makes notes about what is not correct or that the part will need some modding to make fit. That is something you dont see at other places.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 03:32 PM   #50
sick472

It is a bit ironic that this "GMC Pauls vs Brother's" post pops back up after my first dealings with Brothers. I will be giving GMC Paul's a shot on my next order. It does not take much to ruin your reputation with me when it comes to supplying good parts and then backing up mistakes with good customer service. I look forward to ordering from GMC Paul's in the future as Brothers has not impressed me...quality or customer service.

Edit 8/13: I called brothers regarding my experience and with noting more that a minutes explanation of the bent tray and rusty bracket...they are sending new parts, no charge. Lesson learned - their customer service email address must not be the proper channels to file a complaint. I can't wait to get the parts. (I'll will still give GMCPaul's a crack at it, no doubt.)

I am hoping that GMC Paul's can except a list of parts, maybe with competitor's catalog numbers, to work/quote from. Unless I'm just website dense, which happens to me now and again...GMC Paul's website leaves me thinking that I've missed a part that I was looking for. There does not seem to be a search function. For example...Do they have an auxiliary battery tray for my truck? I can't find one, but my patience gives up after 10 minutes of "looking around" and when I order, I order 10 to 20 parts at a time. I found some battery trays under the "Body" section...I would have never guessed that's where to find them. It might take hours to create my cart and still not sure if I've missed something. Don't let me sound like I am slamming on GMC Paul's, I'm just saying that I hope I can buy from them without spending an eternity digging through a website without a "search" function. I am glad that GMC Paul's is out there and that they have a good reputation.

1972 C10
1976 C10 (parts truck)
1985 K20

Last edited by sick472; 08-13-2018 at 02:56 PM.
sick472 is offline   Reply With Quote