The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-30-2005, 04:04 AM   #1
speedking

Hi There...

Hi;
I'm James,my friends call me Speed. (nothing to do with drugs-mostly to do with driving style)
Currently I'm down to only 5 GM vehicles;1957 GMC 1/2 ton,it's my work truck,cracked glass,dents and rust,floor of the bed is missing chunks,good runner though. It has a 1968 Pontiac 400 in it,running through the stock truck 4 speed,and a 3.08 rear end from a 74 Chevy 4X4,235/85-16's on the back and 215/85-16's up front. It powers out before it runs out of RPM;it still went fast enough to get a ticket in the high dollar range. (84 in a 60)The speedo cable's broke so now I have to figure the speed by the tach.
I'm building a 355 for my '62 Chevy 1 ton flatbed duallie. I'm also looking for a 4.10 geared rear end for it. I'm trying to find one with normal sized brakes-the one in it now has drums so big my 16" wheels won't fit over 'em.
I have a 1966 Chevy C-60 I just put a later 292 in,the wiring under dash and under hood was butchered so I have to re-wire that,then it'll be for sale.
(BTW-does anybody know anything about motormount pad alignment on these big trucks? The motormounts seem to be offset one forward from the other.)
I also have a 1980 Chevy Citation that needs a timing chain replaced and a 1966 Pontiac Catalina my folks bought new for $1.00 down on a Sunday. It'll be getting restored as soon as I get some of these other projects to a stopping point. I'm hoping to do some upgrades to the suspension and brakes and build a little more power into the 389 when I rebuild it. My other wheels are a 1980 Ford Fairmont wagon with a 4 cyl. and 4 speed( my road car-it has cruise control and a stereo) and a mostly 1968 Triumph TR6-R motorcycle. I say mostly because I'm now installing a 71 Triumph front end on it (to replace the Honda 350 front end with 61 Harley Sportster springs and 1" spacers),a carb off a snowmobile,the intake manifold was made from a VW exhaust pipe and some radiator hose,an ignition switch from a 61 Opel,a kickstand I made from a Harley Davidson muffler hanger,a taillight from a Honda 750,bars from a Yamaha 850,and an air filter I made from some scrap pieces and an old Harley filter element. I'm into the bike about 500.00 counting the price of the bike. Okay-I'm done boring you now.
A friend steered me to this website,and I'm glad he did. The information base and resources are incredible. I look forward to interacting with many of you in the future. I'm a gearhead so if you want to talk cars,trucks,bikes,or whatever,feel free to shoot me a line.
James Stepp
sk8080hd@yahoo.com
speedking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 08:52 AM   #2
Nolowrider

Welcome to the board. Glad to have you here. Believe it or not, I have actually been to Elko, twice as a matter of fact. Beautiful place. I went to the firefighting academy. I remember going to a resturant a few miles from Elko, it was all wood and had a whole bunch of dead animals hanging on the walls, awesome place. Also, went to the canyon. I want to say Humbolt canyon, can't remember. We also visited one of those "houses" where all of the ladies as so nice. Beatiful area. Welcome to the site.

Edit-Almost forgot, my best friend here at work is from Elko also.

Last edited by Nolowrider; 04-30-2005 at 08:59 AM.
Nolowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:18 AM   #3
Mudder

Welcome to the site from Missouri.
Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:56 PM   #4
DennyB
Led Sled! Discs R 4 ME!

Welcome from the Northeast!
DennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 01:09 AM   #5
speedking

BTW-who is the friend you mentioned who is from Elko? Maybe I know him/her.
speedking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 03:33 PM   #6
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

welcome from NC
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 01:22 PM   #7
68Stepbed

Welcome to the board, Speed. I think you'll like it here.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote