The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-16-2020, 09:27 PM   #1
greenweenie1969

Fuel lines for rear boyd tank on 69 c20

Hey all! Ive been scouring these threads and haven't really found what I am exactly looking for so I thought I would finally ask. Im finishing up a frame off on a 1969 c20. Ive relocated a new boyd tank and have the crate 383 coming in a couple weeks. It has the sniper EFI on it and will have both a sender and return line.

I am hoping to find suggestions on what you have used for fuel lines! Are there any full kits I can get? Did you use original hard line to braided for the sender and braided for the return. It would be great to just order a full kit with the needed length and components.

Any help would be great. Thanks.
greenweenie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:48 PM   #2
LS short box

Re: Fuel lines for rear boyd tank on 69 c20

On my LS swaps I have used -6 ss lines full length. Two types teflon lined and rubber lined -6 line. Both can be rated for all types of fuel.
I'm guessing the Sniper needs similar fuel pressure to a LS engine.
I typically get the tape measure out and get the basic length of line needed adding a bit for overall length. Then look at the number and type of -6 fittings needed. Keep in mind you my need line and fittings for the return side.
I add a couple of extra fittings in case I mess up.
To fasten the line to the frame I use the rubber "cushion" clamps from Fastenal.
-6 line has always been bullet proof for me..
LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 04:17 AM   #3
SIXTY9

Get with these guys http://www.hotrodfuelhose.com I got my Sniper fuel line hoses from them and they give a forum discount. Justin can work with you to get what you need.
SIXTY9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:24 AM   #4

I used -6 from hot rod fuel hose. Happy with how it turned out. This line size is plenty enough for what u are doing. Good guy to deal with. U can choose different colors for the fittings and line if that is something u would like. The ptfe hose is the way to go with all the fuels being sold this day and time. Good luck and let us know how it all turns out.
3767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:46 PM   #5
68ls1

I just purchased my fuel line and fittings from Hot Rod Fuel Hose also. Boyd's in tank pump EFI set up to Holley Terminator X Max Stealth on SBC. Supplied fittings to suit inlet & outlet for tank. I have gone with returnless system using Holley Filter/Regulator, https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...s/parts/12-875 with mounting brackets, also supplied by Hot Rod Fuel Hose. All up just under $380.00. I went with black and orange fittings
68ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 02:48 PM   #6
greenweenie1969

I ended up going with the Hot Rod Fuel hose. Worked great!
greenweenie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote