The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-01-2017, 05:15 PM   #1
rmneder

Repro be floor?

Hi,
Does anyone have recent experience with any of the reproduction steel bed floors? Any info on fit, gauge of steel, stock appearance would be appreciated. Are They all the same manufacturer with a different name? Jegs has a pretty good price and reasonable shipping on a Key Parts bed floor. Any known problems with Key Parts? Thanks.
rmneder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #2
randy500
Account Suspended

Re: Repro be floor?

Key parts are good quality. I have a floor here I got last summer, very happy with the fit and quality.
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:26 PM   #3
darrellyates

Yes. Again, I got a complete floor about 4 months ago, and have it installed now. I braced the cab 6 ways, and it slid right in after the old one came out. Just a tiny bit of trimming in the back, but not sure my cab was perfect. Best part? The complete floor has inner rockers and new braces and cab supports included. No piecing together, just put it in, do the spot welds, and you're ready for new outer rockers (and usually rear corners).

I found the cab corners and lower front door pillar supports to be the worst of the new metal I purchased. They both required a lot of work to make look right.

I may have a picture, if so I'll post...

Again, mine had Goodmark label on it. However, I doubt there is actually more than one manufacturer. Find the best deal and go. Think mine was about $500.
Attached Images

Last edited by darrellyates; 02-01-2017 at 11:28 PM. Reason: More information
darrellyates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:18 AM   #4
franken

I'm curious about this (bed floor) too since I don't relish the thought of fixing the rust in the front foot or so of mine. Apparently it held some water for a while...
My mind tells me the steel will be crap and dent like a new F150. Barf.
Regarding buying parts via the internet, check to see if your state collects sales tax when an item is bought out of state, check shipping cost, then buy from the place w/ cheapest total part+tax+shipping. Lots of places have cheap parts and screw you on shipping--can I say that?
franken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:41 AM   #5
52napco

I just bought a complete bed kit and it went together with no isssues.As far as how it will
Hold up is anyones guess since i won't be throwing firewood in it lol.
Attached Images

52napco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:31 PM   #6
rmneder

Thanks for the input. I ordered the key parts floor from jegs. I haven't received it yet. When putting it together should I have it painted first or is it fine to bolt it together then paint? Thanks again.
rmneder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:37 PM   #7
randy500
Account Suspended

I forgot to add that the bed floor rear cross member was about 1/4 inch too wide for the bedside to slip over it, I had to narrow it with an air hammer. The floor where it met the rear cross member on one side didn't have enough clearance too and I had to open it up a bit with a cut off wheel.
randy500 is offline   Reply With Quote