The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-05-2017, 01:40 AM   #1
socaldodger

Current K10 71-72 Cheyenne / Cheyenne Super SWB Prices

Hi,

Greetings to all. Quick question -- I've always wanted to do a 71-72 K10 4x4 SWB Cheyenne build. I'm finally able to start looking for one financially. How often do solid colored SWB K10 Cheyenne projects preferably Cheyenne super go up for sale? What's the going price currently for a project? Ideally I'm after an all white K10 super with buckets and center console. Black is the second color option. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
socaldodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:49 AM   #2
Chevyland

Re: Current K10 71-72 Cheyenne / Cheyenne Super SWB Prices

Very rarely. And you will pay dearly for it. I'm not sure if I have ever even seen a real one in white as you described. Black, maybe!
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:33 AM   #3
tristan

You are in for a long search and what you are after may be a unicorn. I have been checking the usual places daily for three years and the very few legitimate SWB K10s that come up are usually low-optioned examples. Once in a great while a SPID-less higher optioned one will show up on EBay but I think those are nearly always Frankentrucks.
tristan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:43 AM   #4
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

GM did build quite a few more shortie 4x4s in 71/72 fleetsides than the earlier years, +/-3000 for 71 and +/-6000 in 72, but then add in the Cheyenne Super... There's no breakdown for that, but it's got to be rare. I think I've only ever seen 1 in person and I'm not even sure if it was "real".

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=104816
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:22 AM   #5
tutone

It's rare enough to find a short bed super in two wheel drive, let alone a four wheeler. I think you will have to piece one together or find a lower optioned shorty and make it whatever you want it to be. But if you do find one , please post pictures, because I've never seen one.
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:43 AM   #6
70cst

socaldodger - 1st of all..

to the forums and from Ohio ...

As said above - finding a K10 4x4 SWB Cheyenne is going to be a real challenge and likely expensive but - they can be found. The SWB trucks will normally sell for more money that a LWB.

The higher the options on a truck- the more money.

Keep an eye on the Truck For Sale section - one never knows. And be ready to pull the trigger if you find the right truck. Good Luck

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:49 AM   #7
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Here's an example to drool over: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=654175

I'd say you will be forking out over $10k just to get a build able project and looking for some time.

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:25 PM   #8
westong

Here is my 72 GMC sierra.....highly optioned original solid black with buckets and console, tach, tilt, a/c , tow hooks, had the gm dealer option 8track and cb but I sold them. I had these green buckets in better shape than the black so threw them in for the time being.
Attached Images

westong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 01:11 PM   #9
tristan

Wow, please put me in line if you ever decide to move that one along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westong View Post
Here is my 72 GMC sierra.....highly optioned original solid black with buckets and console, tach, tilt, a/c , tow hooks, had the gm dealer option 8track and cb but I sold them. I had these green buckets in better shape than the black so threw them in for the time being.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:08 PM   #10
jocko

WELCOME! Here it is, the answer to your prayers: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Chevrol...m=152415706166

To give you some idea what you're looking at price-wise, it's at $35K right now and the reserve isnt' met. Oh, and by the way, I'm reasonably certain it's completely fake.

So, I have a question: what is more important to you, being an original K10 Super swb -or- being optioned as you outlined?

Having a want-list THAT specific will make it very difficult to find what you're looking for. It might be out there, but it won't be inexpensive. Since you asked, I'm gonna toss out mid-20's for an unrestored one in good condition. $35-50k for a restored one.

Now, depending on the answer to the above question -
- if you want it original, then you may need to consider compromising on the color or buckets, or both (or something else)
- if you don't mind resto-"mod" ing it by changing colors, maybe non-original driveline (but still sbc), adding buckets, etc - then you would probably be much closer to your dream both schedule-wise and financially if you searched for a k10 that is a lower trim level or less heavily optioned one and then building it how you like. Sure is nothing wrong with that (unless you try top pass it off to the next guy as all original..)

Personally, originality is important (to me), so I would probably focus on finding a K10 Cheyenne Super swb (that alone will be difficult enough) - the rest is just gravy. I'd have no problem with modifying it extensively and still calling it a Super at that point. But, that's just me. Everyone has different goals.

It just so happens you've picked about the most desirable hot rod K out there, a fully loaded k10 Super swb. Make sure to put some Miracle-gro on your wallet this spring, you may need it! Below the first two pics (EDIT: Below the first THREE pics...) are a few good candidates that have come along over the past few years that I almost jumped on. But I'm a bit more of a lwb/20 sorta person. Still, for 4wd, a k10 swb super is pretty much the holy grail.

I believe the dark olive gem in pic 3 had an asking price of $55k (and that was several years ago). Unless you are loaded, I'd focus search energy on finding something like the nice ones in the last 2 pics. If a sweet deal pops up that happens to match all your criteria, you'll catch it in the same net you find these. I almost pulled the trigger on the last one shown - it was a sweet little truck and reasonably priced for what it was.

Good luck and welcome!
Attached Images

Last edited by jocko; 02-05-2017 at 02:58 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:01 PM   #11
jocko

If the answer to that question was that you're willing to buy at a trim level below a super, then your options open up dramatically. All the below trucks are real K10 swb trucks - and I think ALL of the below trucks are winners in any book (some are finished, some are blank canvases) - and could perhaps sway one to open up the search volume. Also note that buckets were always vinyl, so the same in any trim level in which they were ordered. So, a Cheyenne interior with buckets is very similar to a Super - the only difference is the woodgrain on the instrument bezel and gb door. I looked close at the blue Custom, it went for a reasonable price on ebay last year. But it needed body work and it was the base trim level. So, there you go. Still, it had the look I thought.
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2017, 03:42 PM   #12
saskred

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
WELCOME! Here it is, the answer to your prayers: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Chevrol...m=152415706166

To give you some idea what you're looking at price-wise, it's at $35K right now and the reserve isnt' met. Oh, and by the way, I'm reasonably certain it's completely fake.

So, I have a question: what is more important to you, being an original K10 Super swb -or- being optioned as you outlined?

Having a want-list THAT specific will make it very difficult to find what you're looking for. It might be out there, but it won't be inexpensive. Since you asked, I'm gonna toss out mid-20's for an unrestored one in good condition. $35-50k for a restored one.

- if you want it original, then you may need to consider compromising on the color or buckets, or both (or something else)
- if you don't mind resto-"mod" ing it by changing colors, maybe non-original driveline (but still sbc), adding buckets, etc - then you would probably be much closer to your dream both schedule-wise and financially if you searched for a k10 that is a lower trim level or less heavily optioned one and then building it how you like. Sure is nothing wrong with that (unless you try top pass it off to the next guy as all original..)

Personally, originality is important (to me), so I would probably focus on finding a K10 Cheyenne Super swb (that alone will be difficult enough) - the rest is just gravy. I'd have no problem with modifying it extensively and still calling it a Super at that point. But, that's just me. Everyone has different goals.

It just so happens you've picked about the most desirable hot rod K out there, a fully loaded k10 Super swb. Make sure to put some Miracle-gro on your wallet this spring, you may need it! Below the first two pics (EDIT: Below the first THREE pics...) are a few good candidates that have come along over the past few years that I almost jumped on. But I'm a bit more of a lwb/20 sorta person. Still, for 4wd, a k10 swb super is pretty much the holy grail.

I believe the dark olive gem in pic 3 had an asking price of $55k (and that was several years ago). Unless you are loaded, I'd focus search energy on finding something like the nice ones in the last 2 pics. If a sweet deal pops up that happens to match all your criteria, you'll catch it in the same net you find these. I almost pulled the trigger on the last one shown - it was a sweet little truck and reasonably priced for what it was.

Good luck and welcome!

The SPID on the listing shows outright that it isn't a Cheyenne Super. I like how the listing calls attention to the fact that the SPID shows the "legitimacy" of the truck.

If it belongs to a member - I don't mean to offend anyone - but it should be listed as a very nice looking clone.

-
saskred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:57 PM   #13
undertaker72

Quote:

Good luck and welcome!
here is the last one jocko posted if I hadn't put a deposit as it was listed it would have sold seven times in a hour and she turned down a 2 grand try to buy above the price I gave
Attached Images

1969 Camaro hugger orange hounds tooth
undertaker72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:00 PM   #14
Coley

Quote:

Good luck and welcome!
Yeah...you would hard pressed to identify much on that truck that is original.
The truck currently has/shows a/c, tilt, wooden bed, tach, Cheyenne Super, full trim....none of this stuff shows on the SPID.
I'm wondering how he got the a/c cab and the original vin rosette/rivets figured out...unless he found some NOS GM rivets.
Its a very nice truck....but the misleading marketing angle always makes me suspicious and puts me off.
The truck would originally have been a fairly nice, standard mid-level bronze 4wd truck.

My two bits.
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:02 PM   #15
undertaker72

one last couple pics , just changed it around and enjoying it
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2017, 05:02 PM   #16
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Funny this thread has come up. I know of a true factory solid white Cheyenne shorty 72 K10. No major rust. Ive been trying to get my hands on it for a few months now. It's just down the road from my house. It's been sitting for a year or so but is complete and wouldn't take to much to put on the road. Owner isn't ready to sell it yet.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:34 PM   #17
undertaker72

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Funny this thread has come up. I know of a true factory solid white Cheyenne shorty 72 K10. No major rust. Ive been trying to get my hands on it for a few months now. It's just down the road from my house. It's been sitting for a year or so but is complete and wouldn't take to much to put on the road. Owner isn't ready to sell it yet.
you better keep taking him beer or coffee and donuts , that's the way to get them , is it a super
Old 02-05-2017, 06:34 PM   #18
jocko

Quote:
Ha, I bet half the board members just went to google earth and typed in Farmington....

Actually, I did use Google Earth to confirm the presence of a truck I was buying across the country! He said he'd had it sitting in his driveway forever, and Google Earth hasn't been around THAT long - sure enough, there it was. Now, I couldn't spot the rust in the bed, but at least I knew it wasn't some pimple-noded 12 year old about to take me for a few thousand bucks... (He did give me his address to make it easier...)

Undertaker, I must've forgotten you bought that light yellow super! And it's even in your Avatar. Duh. It's lookin good! Really liked that little truck when it popped up for sale.

As for all the follow-up comments on the black truck on ebay, all I looked at was the approach to putting on the gb dash woodgrain. Nobody with an original super would slap woodgrain on without the stainless tray under it. Yes, I saw some more tell-tales, there are many, but I couldn't read much further. Unfortunately, the web is full of flippers and, well, dealers that can tend to "exaggerate" the truth a bit, hoping to catch some unsuspecting buyer that will believe all they hear from someone else. That's why the FIRST place I look for a truck is on this board. Have had several point-outs, and even bought one directly from a member (Ken) and it was an absolutely stress-free transaction. Kinda nice for a change. After that, it's local CL, then ebay, then national CL. The better deals seem to be on CL because sellers tend to think they have Barrett Jackson material on ebay. Or, more like, they hope someone else will think they have Barrett Jackson material. That black truck is REALLY nice! Nothing wrong with what the seller "did", I just have a problem with what he "says" about it. That truck is a great example of building to one's own taste - but then the best thing to do is drive it and enjoy it, not flip it for monster profit. Even if you're in business to flip, ala gas monkey, etc, then by all means go for it, but you'll have more repeat customers if you're deadpan honest about what you're selling.

Last edited by jocko; 02-05-2017 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:42 PM   #19
Chevyland

Quote:
I'll take it
Oops. I didn't read the whole post
LOL

What color interior?
Have you ever seen the spid?
Im sure some exist, but nobody on here is saying they ever saw a real one
Chevyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:57 PM   #20
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertaker72 View Post
you better keep taking him beer or coffee and donuts , that's the way to get them , is it a super
A friend of mine has it. I keep in touch frequently. As long as I've got the cash my time will come sooner or later. It's a regular Cheyenne. Black interior, 350,AC, 4 speed, bench seat, sliding rear window, belt molding, and a few other options. Minus the color trim color, It's got a relatively similar spid to my K/20. Google earth won't do much on this one mark, it's in a building ! I've kept this ones location a secret for a while now haha.
Kevin, your super is looking great! That's a real nice truck.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0

Last edited by 57taskforce; 02-05-2017 at 07:11 PM.
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:27 PM   #21
jocko

If you do decide to broaden your horizons, here's a real swb k10 for $4500... Imagine the possibilities! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...postcount=2000
Old 02-05-2017, 11:49 PM   #22
redbaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Here's an example to drool over: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=654175

I'd say you will be forking out over $10k just to get a build able project and looking for some time.
Thanks for mentioning ours Pete. Took me 16 years and 11.5k to buy it in 2013.
1969 Camaro Protouring LS7 T-56 Project
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 03:43 AM   #23
socaldodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by westong View Post
That's really really nice. I really like those seats in green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cst View Post
socaldodger - 1st of all..

to the forums and from Ohio ...

As said above - finding a K10 4x4 SWB Cheyenne is going to be a real challenge and likely expensive but - they can be found. The SWB trucks will normally sell for more money that a LWB.

The higher the options on a truck- the more money.

Keep an eye on the Truck For Sale section - one never knows. And be ready to pull the trigger if you find the right truck. Good Luck
Thanks for the welcome! Bucket seats automatically mean that it's a high optioned truck? Where else do you recommend me keeping an eye besides CL and ebay?

Quote:
If the answer to that question was that you're willing to buy at a trim level below a super, then your options open up dramatically. All the below trucks are real K10 swb trucks - and I think ALL of the below trucks are winners in any book (some are finished, some are blank canvases) - and could perhaps sway one to open up the search volume. Also note that buckets were always vinyl, so the same in any trim level in which they were ordered. So, a Cheyenne interior with buckets is very similar to a Super - the only difference is the woodgrain on the instrument bezel and gb door. I looked close at the blue Custom, it went for a reasonable price on ebay last year. But it needed body work and it was the base trim level. So, there you go. Still, it had the look I thought.
Thanks for the welcome! I do care about originality so it does have to be a real deal K10 Cheyenne. It doesn't however need to be a Super. Since I've never been able to find production figures that why I asked how often they go for sale, prices etc. That being said would finding a White / black (preferably white) one with bucket seats be a bit easier in the regular cheyenne trim? Or is this still a unicorn? I don't care about interior color I'm just a big fan of white trucks and I've always had a preference for bucket seats.
socaldodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:28 AM   #24
tristan

Gone!

Quote:
If you do decide to broaden your horizons, here's a real swb k10 for $4500... Imagine the possibilities! http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...postcount=2000
Old 02-09-2017, 07:13 PM   #25
undertaker72

Quote:
A friend of mine has it. I keep in touch frequently. As long as I've got the cash my time will come sooner or later. It's a regular Cheyenne. Black interior, 350,AC, 4 speed, bench seat, sliding rear window, belt molding, and a few other options. Minus the color trim color, It's got a relatively similar spid to my K/20. Google earth won't do much on this one mark, it's in a building ! I've kept this ones location a secret for a while now haha.
Kevin, your super is looking great! That's a real nice truck.
thanks , its a fun truck , just been tinkering on it , have to many irons in the fire , did you get rid of the green k-20