The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2015, 04:51 AM   #126
Xeen

Re: Fade to Black 71

Man that pickup is absolutely gorgeous, great job guys!
Old 08-19-2015, 06:33 AM   #127
trent_44

So the old man has been busy that last couple weeks with the truck in a good and a bad way. First we'll start with the good, he finally has the interior buttoned up minus a few very minor wiring details that my smaller arms and more flexible body will have to do for him. The center console is installed and looks awesome, it turned out exactly how he was hoping and I couldn't be happier as well.

And just a few more final pictures of the truck completed.

And now for the bad, on one of his fist voyages (my mothers actual first ride) the #4 piston decided it needed to let go and come through the side of the block, this all happened within the first half mile of the trip. Needless to say...it wasn't a good day for my old man, he was pretty devastated considering all the time and money he has invested into this project. He was so excited to finally have it on the road running and driving. As for the cause that is to be determined, but my dads brother (who built the motor) has a few theories of his own. So we are going to let a third party builder dismantle the carnage and see what he can figure out. Luckily the guy that covered the console had just recently removed a mild stock 350 out of his C10 and sold it to my old man so we could get him on the road again this summer. For the $300 bucks he paid for the motor it's a nice running motor for now until we can save up some more money and build a little nicer one for down the road. We still have some cleaning to do in the engine bay and a few odds and ends like a full size air cleaner, but for now it's on the road again.

trent_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:49 AM   #128
knomadd

That sucks about the motor, but at least it's back on the road again. Just spent an hour going through the build. I like the way it turned out.

C/10 Club Texas member
1971 Chevy C10 "Brutus" SWB Fleetside 2016 6.0L (L96) 6L90E (driver/project)
1965 Pontiac GTO "Royal Goat" 400/TH400 w/AC (my baby)
knomadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:28 AM   #129
xtremedurb00

Sorry to hear about the motor...Love the truck though. Cant wait to get mine on the road again.

Project Build: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=606875
xtremedurb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:08 PM   #130
trent_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
Man that pickup is absolutely gorgeous, great job guys!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
That sucks about the motor, but at least it's back on the road again. Just spent an hour going through the build. I like the way it turned out.
Yes it does suck but things happen and nobody got hurt so that's all that really matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremedurb00 View Post
Sorry to hear about the motor...Love the truck though. Cant wait to get mine on the road again.
Yes, being able to get these trucks back on the road and driving is the best part!!
trent_44 is offline   Reply With Quote