The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
screamin_c10
I dun gradjiated collij!!!

67 Cougar restification

So my boys 68 EFI cougar fell victim to a rather large snow laden limb last winter that fell across the nose and did some pretty extensive damage to the front end. Cougars are no where as popular as the Mustang as far as aftermarket panels and parts go, so we needed to find a parts donor for his car.

Searched for a while until we found this 67 on CL for a grand. The odometer shows 42000 miles and I'm inclined to believe it as the car has sat since 1989.

Brake and gas pedals show little wear and everything is complete and unmolested... rare for a 45 year old car...

We pulled the 289 A code 4V out as it was seized, ended up being the water pump was seized due to electrolysis pulling all the aluminum into it... pretty cool actually.

The cylinders, crank, cam all show very little wear so we will be freshening it up and putting it all back together.

In typical Mustang/Cougar style the cowl started to leak as well as the quarter windows and wiped out the floor.

Besides the floor the body is very straight and rust free, not quite sure how to proceed on it as we really want to put her back on the road.

She will need full floor pans and the drive-train gone through, but the other Cougar needs extensive body work... decisions decisions...
Attached Images

screamin_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote