The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-03-2020, 05:06 PM   #1
ElReeso

Talking ElReeso´s `77 Build Thread.. or my girls?

With all the cool builds on here, I decided to share mine too.
But it´s not really my build.. the Truck is a 77 C10 SWB which belongs
to my girlfriend. We are a couple (she is 22/ i´m 23) from Germany which collected a good amount of different US Cars, mostly Chevy.
Originally we bought her a 85 C10 SWB with a 305/350 Combo in good
condition. The engine is running ok, few messy cables, paint chips but nothing major.
We drove about 1200 miles last year and decided we want to restore it and mod it to have a little more than a stock 305 C10.
Plans included lowering, cowl hood, 350 with cam, new paint and so on..

We shopped around for a new or used 350 with around 300hp but nothing
fit our price range.. Germany has higher prices than the US so we couldn´t find anything under 2-3k.

Back in January a parts truck popped up and I thought this could be good way to get alot of parts we wanted and a nice engine. Called the guy, told him I´m showing up Saturday to look at it. He said the previous owner started restoring it but ran out of money..

When I looked at it I discovered a rebuilt 350 with cam and a few missing parts, 350 trans, restored frame and suspension as well as all new brakes.
95% of the parts for a complete truck are there but a little bit body work is needed and somebody did a hackjob replacing the bedside and the wheel tubs.

Bought it, brought it home and stored it for a few days.. then we decided it is better than just a parts truck and it would be more work and money to swap everything from the 77 to the 85 and vice versa than just building the 77 how we want it.

So right now the 85 is prepared for selling and the 77 was pushed in the garage to start the full restauration on it.

Plans include:
- Paint it white
- Lowering kit 5.5/5
- 2" Cowl Hood
- Black Interior with red accents like red stitches
- Sound System paired with RetroSound Headunit
- Remove all outside trim

We are trying to do a few things which are not seen often on C10s but need to see how that goes..

Next Saturday we will try to get the 350 alive.. Few things like starter, fuel pump etc. were missing. Ordered 99% of the missing parts and the should show up tomorrow.

Now some Pics of the 85, the 77 in its current state and Andy Welch´s 77 C10 which is surprisingly near to what we want to build.

Greetz
Mario
Attached Images

ElReeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:04 PM   #2
RockhoundII

Re: ElReeso´s `77 Build Thread.. or my girls?

Sounds like you guys have a solid plan for this one. Looking forward to your next update.
Old 03-14-2020, 03:11 PM   #3
ElReeso

Re: ElReeso´s `77 Build Thread.. or my girls?

Installed a few missing engine parts last week and today we got the engine running.
This was a very important step for us because now we know that the engine is running and in good condition. We can focus on the other things now moneywise.

Only thing we discovered is a leak right at the front cover and the valves needed adjustment which we already did.

Disassembled some more stuff like the second door and interior parts but thats about it..
Next week the Cab and the Bed should come off to repair some badly welded spots from the previous owner
ElReeso is offline   Reply With Quote