The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-21-2021, 09:13 PM   #26
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: Another bad customer service story

I work at Lowes and this really surprises me. I worked in shipping and receiving for my first 6 months there. I was shocked at the garbage Lowes took back under full warranty no questions asked. Personally I wouldnt buy a fancy fridge with all the stuff you say yours has, and LG while it supposed to be a good name, I say not so much.

Maybe Lowes is having issues with LG standing up to their end of things. We have had some very high dollar Sanyo stuff come back and the customer gets a new one no questions asked. Sanyo doesnt even want the old one back. They give Lowes full credit for the returned what ever Sanyo product it is and we have to destroy it.

We've taken back VERY used BBQ's, customer gets a new one. Really old work generators and compressors we dont even carry anymore and they get new ones.

I feel like we have a Nordstrom style return policy ... So again, Im surprised.

Monroe Swap meet May 18-19.
Mike has the same spots for the NW guys he's had forever.
Lunch time BBQ at the spaces.
If you have stuff to sell bring it along.

If you have a question PM stllookn (Mike) here via the board.

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=851291
CG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:51 PM   #27
62c30

I've bought three houses and three sets of appliances in the last 10 years, many different brands. All junk, but pretty. Samsung high end washer was broke when we got it, it would dump the dirty water back in the tub, took almost 9 months for them to haul it off. Kitchen aid dishwasher almost burned the house down when it was a month old, heated dry stopped working after a year. Whirlpool washer that doesn't wash that is only 1 year old. LG and Samsung fridge ice makers constantly freezing up. All junk, buying new appliances is almost like setting yourself up for failure.
62c30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 01:58 AM   #28
leddzepp

This is why I buy quality used stuff on Craigslist. Maytag washer and dryer for $100 years ago. If they crap out (haven’t yet) I can get parts to fix them myself, or junk them and buy 2 more. Got my money’s worth many times over either way. New fridges don’t last no matter what they are branded. My 30 year old Kenmore in the garage has outlasted everything I own and still works.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 02:06 AM   #29
Gregski
Post Whore

OMG, that sounds horrible and it's hard to be without a fridge

and yes Warranties are worthless don't get me started, I had Home Shield on my two rental properties and I swear their call center was in a Women's Prison I tricked them once after making like the 10th call to them and said "...so which Correctional Facility are you in?", and she was like Nevada
Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 02:58 AM   #30
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
I work at Lowes and this really surprises me. I worked in shipping and receiving for my first 6 months there. I was shocked at the garbage Lowes took back under full warranty no questions asked. Personally I wouldnt buy a fancy fridge with all the stuff you say yours has, and LG while it supposed to be a good name, I say not so much.

Maybe Lowes is having issues with LG standing up to their end of things. We have had some very high dollar Sanyo stuff come back and the customer gets a new one no questions asked. Sanyo doesnt even want the old one back. They give Lowes full credit for the returned what ever Sanyo product it is and we have to destroy it.

We've taken back VERY used BBQ's, customer gets a new one. Really old work generators and compressors we dont even carry anymore and they get new ones.

I feel like we have a Nordstrom style return policy ... So again, Im surprised.
It surprised me too. I've returned things to Lowes in the past with no problems at all. Although my stuff was never used. Just things that I didn't need afterall for a project. They may be fighting with LG and I'm stuck in the middle. It seems that way.

Years ago I had a Husky ratchet. It was beat to death. It finally broke. I was at Home Depot one day and noticed that Husky tools had a lifetime guarantee. So I figured what the heck. My jaw dropped when they gave me a brand new ratchet to replace it. No problem. I couldn't believe that they didn't laugh at me with that old piece of junk. But they didn't. They said lifetime warranty and they meant it. Hat's off to them.

One thing that I felt that they did wrong was that they didn't want the old one. I tried to give it to them and they didn't want it. I thought what if I was some unscrupulous character and could turn around and return it again. Of course I didn't. I threw it away. But I think I could have.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 03:09 AM   #31
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregski View Post
OMG, that sounds horrible and it's hard to be without a fridge

and yes Warranties are worthless don't get me started, I had Home Shield on my two rental properties and I swear their call center was in a Women's Prison I tricked them once after making like the 10th call to them and said "...so which Correctional Facility are you in?", and she was like Nevada
It's really not that bad. The fridge is at my second home and I have another fridge in the garage over there. But you're right. It could be a lot worse if that was all I had to depend on.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 09-22-2021, 10:32 AM   #32
truckin 79

The wife is redoing the kitchen and wants all new appliances, fridge, dish washer, microwave and stove. I have been telling her why dont we keep old appliances till they fail especially the refrigerator. We had seen a fridge at Best Buy, forget the brand name but it had a little door within the door on the fridge, we almost bought it. She liked the finish on fridge it didn't show finger prints unlike stainless steel. Luckily we went home and read the reviews and the reviews all said how the compressor failed within months to a year. Needless to say I am wary about buying new appliances. Stories like yours keep me constantly looking at store reviews
Old 09-22-2021, 12:06 PM   #33
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckin 79 View Post
The wife is redoing the kitchen and wants all new appliances, fridge, dish washer, microwave and stove. I have been telling her why dont we keep old appliances till they fail especially the refrigerator. We had seen a fridge at Best Buy, forget the brand name but it had a little door within the door on the fridge, we almost bought it. She liked the finish on fridge it didn't show finger prints unlike stainless steel. Luckily we went home and read the reviews and the reviews all said how the compressor failed within months to a year. Needless to say I am wary about buying new appliances. Stories like yours keep me constantly looking at store reviews
Fridges that don't show fingerprint is BS. Ask me how I know. They're better than the others but they still show them.

I read reviews too. They give me a headache and don't really help. One person loves the product and the next says it's terrible and hates it.

We have the door within a door on this one. Just tap on the glass and you can see all the food getting warm. The light works.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 09-22-2021, 12:51 PM   #34
Killer Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
In this world today, I'm not replacing any appliance that is in working order. Chances are, no matter how much you spend, the appliance you are replacing is of far superior quality than the new one. The advantage to new sure doesn't seem to be they last longer. Warranty? The only guarantee when you buy something today is you spent money.
yep, my $300 maytag getting close to 20 years old, doesn't even have an ice maker..

it keeps cold things cold and frozen things frozen which is all I need it to do..

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
OK, now I want a picture. I've never seen a refrigerator with geegaws nad doodads.
well just a 20 second browse on lowes for lg, looks like they range from $8800 down to $500

anything over the $3000 line looks to have wifi so it can send you messages, insta view where it takes pictures of your food, etc..

don't know if this is the culprit but it's a $3200 LG, about 3 cu ft smaller than my $300 maytag
LG InstaView Smart Wi-Fi Enabled 21.9-cu ft Counter-Depth French Door Refrigerator with Dual Ice Maker and Door within Door (Printproof Stainless Steel) ENERGY STAR

I'm sorry buddy, but I just can't feel sorry for folks that buy those kinds of frivolous features.. crap like this is why the rest of us have increasingly more difficult time finding basic appliances without all that..

good luck at least getting your money back.. you're much more composed than I am, but then I've never actually had any resistance getting what I paid for from national retailers..
Old 09-22-2021, 05:33 PM   #35
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post
yep, my $300 maytag getting close to 20 years old, doesn't even have an ice maker..

it keeps cold things cold and frozen things frozen which is all I need it to do..

well just a 20 second browse on lowes for lg, looks like they range from $8800 down to $500

anything over the $3000 line looks to have wifi so it can send you messages, insta view where it takes pictures of your food, etc..

don't know if this is the culprit but it's a $3200 LG, about 3 cu ft smaller than my $300 maytag
LG InstaView Smart Wi-Fi Enabled 21.9-cu ft Counter-Depth French Door Refrigerator with Dual Ice Maker and Door within Door (Printproof Stainless Steel) ENERGY STAR

I'm sorry buddy, but I just can't feel sorry for folks that buy those kinds of frivolous features.. crap like this is why the rest of us have increasingly more difficult time finding basic appliances without all that..

good luck at least getting your money back.. you're much more composed than I am, but then I've never actually had any resistance getting what I paid for from national retailers..
That sure looks like the one we have. But to be clear. I didn't buy it. My wife did. And I want to stay married so I don't say anything.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 09-22-2021, 06:15 PM   #36
dieseldawg142

jeez, now you got me wondering about our LG fridge.
we replaced our fridge, stove and dishwasher about 2 yrs ago. dishwasher really needed replacing, it was a Kenmore from the '90's and wasn't dish washing so good, and it was LOUD. sounded like it was trying to get to the other side of the kitchen when running. new one is a LG, super quiet, can barely hear it, and the dang thing plays a tune to let you know when it's done...
forget what make the stove was, but the last couple yrs i had to keep replacing the oven element. ended up with a GE cause it was only one of a couple we could find with elements, neither me or wife are into them glass top things(convection oven??)
the fridge was also a '90's model kenmore, belive we bought in '98 or '99, still works great. like you Paul, didn't see the need for a new fridge, but ain't arguing with wifey. nice bonus though i got a beer fridge for my shop now
ours does not have any bells, nor any whistles. it has a fridge on top, a freezer on the bottom, and a light that comes on when ya open the door
Attached Images

dieseldawg142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 08:46 PM   #37
Nick_R_23

Sounds like me when I went through 3 washer and dryer sets in as many months. Trying to find simple and unbreakable is near impossible. Why does my washer and dryer need WiFi or text messaging?

The final straw was going to Lowe’s for the current washer when the sales lady asked me what features I wanted and what all I wanted it to do. I said all it needs to do is wash clothes. I don’t care about colors or temperature or anything else, it all goes in at once. IDGAF. Give me one that has a single big ****in’ button on the front that says ‘START’ and that’s IT!
Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 11:22 PM   #38
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Bee View Post

Why the hell do I need a fridge that sends me messages and takes pictures of my food and sends them to me? No wonder so many people in America are over weight. Fridge sends picture, man views picture, man gets hungry, man raids fridge, repeat… seriously though what useful purpose does that serve.
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:58 AM   #39
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldawg142 View Post
jeez, now you got me wondering about our LG fridge.
we replaced our fridge, stove and dishwasher about 2 yrs ago. dishwasher really needed replacing, it was a Kenmore from the '90's and wasn't dish washing so good, and it was LOUD. sounded like it was trying to get to the other side of the kitchen when running. new one is a LG, super quiet, can barely hear it, and the dang thing plays a tune to let you know when it's done...
forget what make the stove was, but the last couple yrs i had to keep replacing the oven element. ended up with a GE cause it was only one of a couple we could find with elements, neither me or wife are into them glass top things(convection oven??)
the fridge was also a '90's model kenmore, belive we bought in '98 or '99, still works great. like you Paul, didn't see the need for a new fridge, but ain't arguing with wifey. nice bonus though i got a beer fridge for my shop now
ours does not have any bells, nor any whistles. it has a fridge on top, a freezer on the bottom, and a light that comes on when ya open the door
Cool. You got a beer fridge.

I think I'm like most guys and wouldn't buy a new appliance unless the old one took a major dump on me. I did buy a new dishwasher because the old one sounded like a freight train in the kitchen and I couldn't hear the TV. But if Mama wants something I go along with it. She doesn't complain about my cars so I don't complain about what she wants.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 09-23-2021, 10:26 AM   #40
Rich84

Fridge and stove are 17 years old..Holding my breath. I have repaired the ice maker several times. The heating element that lets the ice release from the tray likes to burn up. We eat washing machines. We have gone through 3 in the same time frame. They are all junk, disposable, to expensive to fix.
Rich84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 10:38 AM   #41
LT7A

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
Cool. You got a beer fridge.

I think I'm like most guys and wouldn't buy a new appliance unless the old one took a major dump on me. I did buy a new dishwasher because the old one sounded like a freight train in the kitchen and I couldn't hear the TV. But if Mama wants something I go along with it. She doesn't complain about my cars so I don't complain about what she wants.
That sounds like a pretty worthwhile balance to me.

Plus, if you can get through this LG / Lowe's debacle, you can say that you hate to see her going through so much frustration and maybe she can get a simpler fridge and you can offer to take pictures of what's in it and send her text messages ; )
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 01:11 PM   #42
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
That sounds like a pretty worthwhile balance to me.

Plus, if you can get through this LG / Lowe's debacle, you can say that you hate to see her going through so much frustration and maybe she can get a simpler fridge and you can offer to take pictures of what's in it and send her text messages ; )
Yeah. but I hate to text. I mean I really hate it. That tiny keypad is way too small for me. I tell people to email me so I can use my desktop with its big ole keyboard to respond.

I don't like talking on the phone anymore. My hearing isn't what it used to be and I can't hear half of what they're saying.Especially if they talk fast like my daughter does. She's finally figured it out and emails me.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 09-24-2021, 07:28 PM   #43
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

We bought a new one and now a couple lights does not work in the main compartment and the freezer as they are wired up together that way ,, didn't get the warranty ,,it's a Whirlpool with water and ice in the door (hope that stays working ,,Mike)

I guess she wanted all the frills too in this fridge
Old 09-24-2021, 07:58 PM   #44
TwoFiftyShifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Sorry about your experience . Learned long ago to buy appliances from a local appliance store. We use Sohns in Walden ny bought a Miele dishwasher from them worked great for years and when it went down they sent someone out and fixed it the next day , Been in business since the early 1900s . May pay a little more but the service is stellar.

Funny. That's the town I was born and raised in and we always went there too. Top shelf people.
Old 09-25-2021, 12:10 AM   #45
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
We bought a new one and now a couple lights does not work in the main compartment and the freezer as they are wired up together that way ,, didn't get the warranty ,,it's a Whirlpool with water and ice in the door (hope that stays working ,,Mike)

I guess she wanted all the frills too in this fridge
I hope it keeps working too, Larry. Gotta buy whatever the missus wants though.... happy wife, happy life!

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:14 AM   #46
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
I hope it keeps working too, Larry. Gotta buy whatever the missus wants though.... happy wife, happy life!
So true. Nothing worse than coming home and the locks have been changed. Ask me how I know.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 09-25-2021, 05:23 AM   #47
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
That sure looks like the one we have. But to be clear. I didn't buy it. My wife did. And I want to stay married so I don't say anything.
I can understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57taskforce View Post
Why the hell do I need a fridge that sends me messages and takes pictures of my food and sends them to me? No wonder so many people in America are over weight. Fridge sends picture, man views picture, man gets hungry, man raids fridge, repeat… seriously though what useful purpose does that serve.
Well some people like to eat. Just saying. Haha I could see the pic deal being handy. I have some sneaky kids and they don't even knw they are being sneaky. They're just doing kid things. It's pretty amusing what things you might find in the fridge. My 4 year old likes to play kitchen/restaurant so her stuff ends up in the fridge constantly. She is also known for putting her older siblings stuff in the fridge and leaving empty wrappers in there. Seeing the pics of the culprit would be funny.

Also, some people in our town have a pretty large gorgeous husky. She helped herself into their fridge after they cleaned it out. The wife couldn't find Sabrina and when the husband went for a beer she was literally chilling in the fridge. That pic of her opening the door and getting in would be priceless on your phone while you're sweating your butt off at work IMO.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote