The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-01-2021, 01:13 PM   #1
Brocoli Wad

CARS Inc Upholstery Lead Time

Just got off the phone with CARS Inc in MI about my upholstery order, placed on 16 Feb.,’21; expect delivery in 6-10 more weeks.

The good news is that they have my fabric in stock so the covid-affected supply lines shouldn’t get me. According to the rep, others will not be as lucky. Said he’s been there 21 years and has never seen a run like this before.

Our boat trailer won’t be here for two more months, and you can’t get Square D 40 or 60 amp breakers around here for the same reason.
Posted via Mobile Device
Brocoli Wad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:36 PM   #2
Bbarbeau

Re: CARS Inc Upholstery Lead Time

I had an email similar, not sure if I would have bothered with it knowing it was going to be that long but anyway, here we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocoli Wad View Post
Just got off the phone with CARS Inc in MI about my upholstery order, placed on 16 Feb.,’21; expect delivery in 6-10 more weeks.

The good news is that they have my fabric in stock so the covid-affected supply lines shouldn’t get me. According to the rep, others will not be as lucky. Said he’s been there 21 years and has never seen a run like this before.

Our boat trailer won’t be here for two more months, and you can’t get Square D 40 or 60 amp breakers around here for the same reason.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bbarbeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:30 PM   #3
Brocoli Wad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbarbeau View Post
I had an email similar, not sure if I would have bothered with it knowing it was going to be that long but anyway, here we are.
I guess I’d have just liked to have known. It didn’t occur to me that these would take that kind of time. I really like the materials, so I’ll wait.

The trouble is it’s getting hot in FL and my wife’s already complaining about burned thighs. I tucked a piece of sofa upholstery on the seat and she’s much happier, but it sure doesn’t look too good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Brocoli Wad is offline   Reply With Quote