The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-19-2021, 08:25 PM   #1
bigrigpardo

C20 brake hoses

So it's been a while since I've give. The truck some love. She's all tuned up and on the road again but I want to go through the brakes as it's been 15 years since I bought it and haven't touched them. There is no available hoses for a 71 disc brake truck anywhere that I can find I've seen some threads about having them made but was wondering during if anyone has a source for new hoses.
bigrigpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:19 PM   #2
Johnl48

Re: C20 brake hoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrigpardo View Post
So it's been a while since I've give. The truck some love. She's all tuned up and on the road again but I want to go through the brakes as it's been 15 years since I bought it and haven't touched them. There is no available hoses for a 71 disc brake truck anywhere that I can find I've seen some threads about having them made but was wondering during if anyone has a source for new hoses.
https://lugnut4x4.com/product/braide...s-steel-hoses/
Johnl48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 10:46 AM   #3
mr.mud1

hi,Greg here.i'm going through this now too,til just a while ago,Rock Auto had brake hoses listed for a 72 C-20 truck.i ended up with 3 sets,all too short,now the listing is gone all together.i tryed everywhere local and they came up with the same numbers as the hoses,i already had.i read where some guys were making them up with fittings and braided hose from Summit and so on.or having a hydraulic shop make them.i tryed my hydraulic place and they wouldn't do it.i have been talking to a guy,Nick at Brake Hoses Unlimited in Michigan.he swears he has the right hoses,14 inches long and has put a set in the mail to me today.$53.00 and the mail.if they're right,that'll be the answer for me.my hoses are in good shape,i just want to change them as they're 50 years old.i did get the rear hose changed but the fronts have been a struggle.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 12:20 PM   #4
Reddeye

I had the exact same issue with my '72 C20, all the ones that said they would fit were just too short. I ended up getting these braided ones from Speedway Motors and they fit perfectly.
Reddeye is offline   Reply With Quote