The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-22-2020, 02:26 PM   #1
BuffDrinkLots

Heater Delete/Hose removal 72 C10

Hey all, This is my first time posting here. Looking for advice on what anyone has done With the hoses after removing the heater core/box. I’m in CA and it’s hot all the time. I’m just removing the heater completely and putting in a plate under the hood and in the cab. Do I need to simply plug the holes on the engine where the hoses were going from the heater? Any advice is appreciated.
Attached Images

BuffDrinkLots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 02:30 PM   #2
Willys_MB

Re: Heater Delete/Hose removal 72 C10

You should have one hose going to your water pump and the other going to your intake. My heater core developed a leak and I took the hose from the intake and threw it on the water pump until I could fix the leak. Well, now it's been 2 years and I still haven't done it.

Someone else will probably join the conversation, but I'm pretty sure you can just use a pipe plug on the intake and the water pump and you'll be just fine. Make sure you throw some thread sealant on the plugs.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:31 PM   #3
Willys_MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys_MB View Post
You should have one hose going to your water pump and the other going to your intake. My heater core developed a leak and I took the hose from the intake and threw it on the water pump until I could fix the leak. Well, now it's been 2 years and I still haven't done it.

Someone else will probably join the conversation, but I'm pretty sure you can just use a pipe plug on the intake and the water pump and you'll be just fine. Make sure you throw some thread sealant on the plugs.
Also, I forgot to mention this. Since you're new-ish here, there are loads of threads on heater delete projects that I'm sure you could read up on. Simply go to "search this forum" on the top right of the message board page and then search for heater delete. You'll find lots of good information.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:44 PM   #4
sfont66

Welcome to the board!
You should be ok to plug off the ports on a small block.
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #5
BuffDrinkLots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys_MB View Post
Also, I forgot to mention this. Since you're new-ish here, there are loads of threads on heater delete projects that I'm sure you could read up on. Simply go to "search this forum" on the top right of the message board page and then search for heater delete. You'll find lots of good information.
Awesome yes thanks for the help, appreciated.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:11 PM   #6
BuffDrinkLots

Man that looks clean! Thanks for the visual and help. Appreciated.