The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2021, 05:26 PM   #1
Jmoney01

Interior discoveries

Pulled the buddy buckets for the first time in 25 years or so. It's amazing what's under there. Pulled the carpet and vacuumed up everything. What should I paint the floor with before new carpet goes in? I was thinking about undercoating. You can kinda see new interior in background, two tone tan and black
Attached Images

Jmoney01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 10:44 PM   #2
firedemon

Re: Interior discoveries

rattle can and that foil back rubberized sound deadener nobody will see the paint anyway and the deadener will seal it better than the paint if done right
firedemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 11:10 PM   #3
Jreedsac

-
Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

Last edited by LockDoc; 01-11-2021 at 10:21 PM. Reason: WTB by Non-Premium member
Jreedsac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 12:22 PM   #4
sick472

I don't use undercoating, even for undercoating. Not that it's bad, I just prefer industrial enamels and I tend to brush it on rather than spraying it. That's the bare bones...

You can take it a step further and use a Dyno mat like product if you want to deaden some sound. The brand names get expensive, but most box hardware stores carry the Peal and Seal Roll Roofing. That's what I use and it's really hard to tell if it does a lot of good, but the sound of mind is satisfying enough (no pun intended). The mats don't really absorb sound so much as they reduce sheet metal vibrations which reduces sound. Then I put the oem-like tar pad, jute, & then carpet. I use way more than I need to, but I tend to over do it, it's pretty cheap, and it makes for a cool picture even though it all get's hidden...
Attached Images

1972 C10
1976 C10 (parts truck)
1985 K20
sick472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 01:32 PM   #5
Jmoney01

That looks nice. The roofing mat sounds like a good idea.
Jmoney01 is offline   Reply With Quote