The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-13-2021, 03:33 AM   #51
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: Would you buy a haunted house?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I figured or already knew that Fiat idea was your wife's. Just used it to create a better picture. What was it, get rid of the 'Sporty Abarth' to get a Vette?? Musta got tired of the black and wanted yellow next
Here's the story. My wife had a flat tire on her Subaru. She "borrowed" my Corvette waiting on another tire.

After years of her paying no attention to my car she announced that she wanted one. I told her to go look in the driveway. We already have one.

Nope. She wanted her own. Not my old "hand me down" So the Fiat went Buh bye and we got the yellow car. And she loves it. She says it's the best car that she's ever had.

I have to agree. It's better than mine. The C7 is better than my C6. GM put some work into them in 9 years. And it shows. Now I'm waiting on a C8. Good luck on that one. I'm probably looking at a year minimum. Probably more.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 04:31 PM   #52
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

[QUOTE=FleetsidePaul;8929163]My wife and I are looking at buying a beautiful old home. Built in 1889. All restored.Absolutely beautiful. Everything that we have ever wanted and more.

BUT... It is well known by the locals as being haunted. No kidding. It's known as the haunted house. Everybody says it's haunted.

So.Do I want to move into a house with that kind of a reputation or is it just B.S?.

You maybe need to look for these homes for sale with a sign saying NOT HAUNTED..to be sure

Name:  yard-sign-4.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  72.6 KB
Old 06-15-2021, 10:53 AM   #53
truckin 79

I dont think I would ever buy a haunted house to many strange things out there. In the military in NY I was house sitting for one of the doctors who left out of town. His house was the old post hospital and in the basement was the old morgue. It was only for the weekend and that was long enough. The dog would go down stairs in the basement and whine. I thought he wanted to go out but he would just whine and not go outside. Like any old house it creaked but I heard a big bang behind me and the dog and I ran outside. I never went in the basement the rest of the weekend.
Something that just happened recently, I was driving to my local junkyard clear skies cold morning. While I was driving I hear a big bang against the passenger window and a smudge on the glass. It was a big bang but with the smudge on the window I naturally figured it was a bird striking window. I get to the junkyard and go to passenger side to wipe off glass smudge. The smudge was on the inside of the glass. I open the door to see if maybe somehow a dead bird was in the inside of truck although both windows were rolled up............nothing. I still cant explain that one
Old 06-16-2021, 03:44 AM   #54
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

[quote=GOPAPA;8932529]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
You maybe need to look for these homes for sale with a sign saying NOT HAUNTED..to be sure

Attachment 2108230
That would be nice. But it's not the case on this place. That may be false advertising. The sellers paid more than the asking price now. And they've been there for less than a year. Makes you wonder why they want out so bad.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 06-16-2021, 07:38 AM   #55
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

[quote=FleetsidePaul;8933014]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post

That would be nice. But it's not the case on this place. That may be false advertising. The sellers paid more than the asking price now. And they've been there for less than a year. Makes you wonder why they want out so bad.
This is a puzzling ordeal.. one can only guess why they are selling out at a lower price than they paid..( one could be a marriage problem) if it is because it is haunted ,,then this would be the first in my life time for me to hear of such a thing. Like I shared before ,,in the olden days ,people really believed in haunted houses ,,next to none in modern times as far as know ..
Old 06-16-2021, 09:45 PM   #56
best view

They might have found a house that was a good deal in some other state so could afford to lose on this end
best view is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 09:57 PM   #57
DeadheadNM
Carpe manana

Haunted house or a Charles Manson murder mansion? https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ells-1-8M.html

Members met: ORANGBLAZ, 2003 silverado, MikeCofield, BB72CHEVKT, Duncan&Son, Sameyrasmea72, THENEWMEXICAN, HotRod C/10, brianthelion02, Sport/Truck, ryanroo, michael bustamante, Dirt's72, Already Gone, WestButteTruck, 57taskforce, Moreyel, painterljp, AASmedic, SoCoC10, Lumaestas, carbuff382, Chevyland
DeadheadNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 01:20 AM   #58
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
My great grand parents were believers in haunted houses,, anyway my grandmother was first and then ol grandpa decided he was too. (this was around the year 1875)

Grandma kept hearing noises from the kitchen down stairs like some one spitting kindlin to build a fire for breakfast ,,dishes being set out on the table ..and she felt the bed move ( in them days beds had small wheels on them)

She woke up grandpa and made him go down and see who was in the kitchen .. It made him mad having to do that ,not believing grandma heard anything ,, then one day

He awoke to feel the bed move and the next week then moved ..

Next I will tell ya another story if you want about my grandfather I acually knew digging in the basemant and finding a young girls skelton remains ..this was around 1925 my grandmother washed the steps leading up stairs many times and a red stain kept coming back ..

They figured out that the girl must of been there on them steps and her blood was what was coming up from the wood steps

My dad told these stories to us kids and we were all ears ,, I have many more but will stop here unless some one wants to hear more .. I think haunted house stories were the thing back in them days ,, but now with all the movies about vampires and ghosts ,,we are used to it

These haunted story places was out in the country near Custer South Dakota ,,maybe up French Creek
Yes please

My son's friend from across the street many years had to stay the night once after during the day a gal was screaming as she ran down the stairs and out the door, one afternoon. Thing is his dad built the place so it's not that, the "cleaners" say something about the lot and rumor has it the street's name-sake was killed there, who knows. Multiple witnesses it would mess with TV & radio. One time he said he looked downstairs to see his brother at the computer, turned out his brother wasn't there.

Which reminds me of a story posted on this website a guy was on his bedroom when his wife walked in, soon to find out it wasn't his wife at all but a ghost of an old woman, if I remember right. It's as though our minds try to make sense of something completely out of the norm. A defense mechanism of sorts.

Only thing I've seen at my place is one day playing the drums I heard and saw the light switch turn on in the room next to me. I figured they'd close the door soon enough but didn't so I continued playing and sometime later saw and heard the light turn off. Don't ask why I heard it "drums" can't say. So I quit playing maybe 5-10 minutes later, nobody had come home, so unless the Pit Bull trying to get my attention? That and I recently watched the coffee pot turn off right in front of me, it doesn't do that but who knows, maybe it was my approach (ha!). My son and his other friend had an issue too, but another story. Truth is, I think she's a little "haunted", forgot some things

I like the it's not the dead you have to fear approach. Then again will pass on the moving bed & screaming business for sure, YIKES!
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 06-17-2021 at 01:39 AM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:27 AM   #59
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402 View Post

Only thing I've seen at my place is one day playing the drums I heard and saw the light switch turn on in the room next to me. I figured they'd close the door soon enough but didn't so I continued playing and sometime later saw and heard the light turn off.
I've had the lights shut off on me while playing my drums. And things flew across the room and I heard screaming.

But no ghosts were involved.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 06-17-2021, 08:27 AM   #60
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
I've had the lights shut off on me while playing my drums. And things flew across the room and I heard screaming.

Was Jack involved?

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:16 PM   #61
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocker View Post
Was Jack involved?
No. Just critics of my drum skills. Or lack of them.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 06-17-2021, 03:27 PM   #62
joedoh

i was able to find the listing, looking at price history it has lost 42% in value over the last decade. looks like maybe a "you cant change anything" historical thing more than a haunting, houses in 1889 had multiple small rooms in the interior and if you cant blow it out to an open concept because the city wont let you that can be a big deal.

no possible haunting in the "shop" though, thats good haha

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:11 PM   #63
57taskforce
All about them K’s

Quote:

Damn I got a good laugh at that!
‘69 K10 SWB http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=805206
'98 Silverado LT K2500HD ECLB Vortec 454/4l80E: 6" lift 315/75/16's
‘87 IROC-Z all original 50K mile survivor TPI 305 IROC Blue
‘10 Camaro 2SS/RS Aqua Blue Metallic #93 -version 2.0
57taskforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:00 AM   #64
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
i was able to find the listing, looking at price history it has lost 42% in value over the last decade. looks like maybe a "you cant change anything" historical thing more than a haunting, houses in 1889 had multiple small rooms in the interior and if you cant blow it out to an open concept because the city wont let you that can be a big deal.

no possible haunting in the "shop" though, thats good haha
That reminds me of a funny story. There was a college buying up old buildings in downtown Pomona. It was a slum area and they were picking up the property cheap and making a campus out of it.

But there was one building that they couldn't touch. It was an eyesore. But it was a historical building. I have no idea why. Because it was an ugly mess.

Someone from the city drove by and it was gone..Leveled. A vacant lot. The college had torn it down and given the city the middle finger.

Yeah. The shop isn't haunted. Because there isn't one..Nothing. But I don't plan on using the place as my primary residence. I like my house and I have too many cars and a big dummy dog that barks at everything.I don't know if that would fly with neighbors. But I could get the place as an investment. And stay there part time. I've always done well with real estate. And it would be cool to have a place downtown.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Old 06-18-2021, 10:55 AM   #65
joedoh

it said it was a b&b before, that might be the best use?

Quote:
I've fallen in love with the wrong houses before and lost money.
Quote:
I've always done well with real estate.

sorry, which is it?

just kidding with you. although down 42% since 2013, thats a big drop, is it done dropping?

good luck to you whatever happens!

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 06:49 PM   #66
bcfishon

We lived in our first house for a little over a year and then the thing became haunted to the point we could no longer live there. It was just after the wife's father passed away unexpectedly and we had two young kids at the time. Two story house with 2 bedrooms downstairs and 2 upstairs, the oldest daughter about 4 at the time was upstairs in one of the rooms and we had some birds the wife was breading in the other. The main issue was upstairs and the issue was doors slamming and windows opening and sounds of traffic on the staircase,always after dark. One morning we woke to the oldest daughter hiding under our bed downstairs,when she came out she explained a bony man told her she was in his bed and to get out knucklehead( deceased fathers nickname for the child). We immediately moved her downstairs and began to pay attention to things. Birds started to die and the noises got worse and they seam to come at the time of most suspense like just when you get comfy in bed. We set up a old school tape recorder and recorded the door slowly opening and then slamming then the sound of the hand rail being used as something came down the stairs. After that we stayed out on the street in the front of the house in a motorhome. Biggest concern is would this thing follow us, we sold the house and before leaving we performed a salt ceremony. After the ceremony we stayed in the house while we packed and to our surprise we had no problems and the thing did not follow us. One last thing I will say is while this all started we were not living the best lifestyle,stable but a large amount of drinking and partying, after the move we never went back to the drinks and partying, I think the old man scared us in the right direction and I'm thankful to this day. I would run fast and far away from anything haunted and you never can tell why you are being haunted,could be personal reasons or just plain old haunting but I guarantee you its no bs.
bcfishon is offline   Reply With Quote