The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-01-2023, 11:16 PM   #126
pjmoreland

Re: temp gauge pegged hot

For anyone who has been following this thread, it appears that the top post of the gauge was contacting the metal mounting plate, as shown in the photo below where the resistance between the top and bottom posts was basically zero. After repositioning the gauge slightly in the mounting holes, and after performing more bench tests to confirm a still functional gauge, it is mounted back in the truck, and it's working.

To recap, the sender was bad (new from LMC), and the gauge was bad (confirmed with a bench test). The replacement gauge ended up with the top post shorted out on the mounting plate. It started working once the mounting position of the gauge was adjusted.
Attached Images

pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 09:21 AM   #127
blue72k10

Yes it is fixed finally. After a big struggle we have finally made it to the desired end a working temp gauge. Believe me there is no way I would have been able to do this without pj's expert guidance and patience with me. You all have a wonderful site here filled with very knowledgeable people that are willing to share their expertise and knowledge with others. That's the only way this craft will be able to survive because you can't read something that's not written and what's in peoples minds thru their life experiences hasn't been put to words yet. That's the importance of forums like this and the people who choose to be apart of it. Thank you pj again for all your help and sharing your wisdom and if ever I can pass on what I've learned in my years on this rock I hope that I'm as gracious as pj was and is.
blue72k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 02:07 AM   #128
pjmoreland

I'm impressed that you stuck with it until the end. This was a lot of work for you.
pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 12:13 PM   #129
blue72k10

My wife has told me that I'm like a dog with a milk bone I don't give it up till it's finished. Been that way my entire life and career Has done me well That's how you learn thing's and grow in knowledge

Last edited by blue72k10; 07-04-2023 at 09:45 PM.
blue72k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 11:43 PM   #130
72blue

To you guys who kept at it until fixed; thank you. It is nice when searching problems like this (so as to not post a thread that has been covered many times) and have an ending with an answer. Good job.