The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #1
Lattimer

Highliner headliner

Based on some other threads I read on here, I decided to go with a Highliner headliner. Best shipped price I found was through Eckler's.

Installed it today with the help of a buddy. It wasn't too bad going in. I fished the wires through the dome light hole from the passenger side, and wired up the speakers. Then we set it in place and held it temporarily with 2 screws in the holes for the visors in the front. Sat it on our heads while we drilled and got a couple of screws in to hold it. The rest was pretty easy.

I'm thinking I will replace the speakers with something a lot better, as these are just barely ok.

It looks pretty good, and it covered a whole lot of ugly roof that I wasn't looking forward to painting. Since I'm changing the interior over to black, I didn't have to paint the liner either. I'm not using the radio mount in it, but I think it would be a good spot for a CB at some point in the future.

1970 Chevy C-10 SWB, 350, TKO 600 5 speed
My build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=559881
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote