The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-13-2017, 12:03 AM   #301
JR1

Re: CUSTOM CAMPERS lets see them!

That is funny, golden years hah! And driving these things anywhere now costs some serious gas.....but for some reason i love it...my dad had a similar chassis camper on a 63 chevy and this brings back some good memories!
JR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:57 PM   #302
JR1

That is funny, golden years hah! And driving these things anywhere now costs some serious gas.....but for some reason i love it...my dad had a similar chassis camper on a 63 chevy and this brings back some good memories!
JR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 03:14 PM   #303
northerngmc

Looks like a 69/70 but also looks to be 50th colours?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/northerngmc/
http://www.members.tripod.com/P-wee/index_032.htm

1.61803 is one H of a lot better than 3.14159, no really it is!
northerngmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 03:40 PM   #304
jocko

Great pic! Not sure on the call. Looks like ochre to me, but it has a 69-70 two tone paint scheme, so hard to say. Also looks like a Cheyenne badge, but hard to tell.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 04:35 PM   #305
ApacheIvan

Ok, so Jocko convinced me to post my Custom Camper Pics.. it is a work in progress. Dad bought it new in 72 with the Highlander interior. It is a Custom/20 Deluxe Camper Special. I had to sell it to an uncle 12 years ago due to some hard times and just bought it back a little over a year ago. He had it restored from the ground up and whoever did the work stripped all the chrome and badging, second tank, and AC and original mirrors. I am slowing putting it all back. It was two tone green and white. That is about all that is left to do.

Now that is a dock bumper! Dad built that himself. Had two cars totaled on it Not hardly a scratch on it!

Original Owner

** Do you have a 1972 Plaid Pickup?**

Last edited by ApacheIvan; 06-11-2017 at 05:15 PM.
ApacheIvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:54 PM   #306
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheIvan View Post
Ok, so Jocko convinced me to post my Custom Camper Pics.. it is a work in progress. Dad bought it new in 72 with the Highlander interior. It is a Custom/20 Deluxe Camper Special. I had to sell it to an uncle 12 years ago due to some hard times and just bought it back a little over a year ago. He had it restored from the ground up and whoever did the work stripped all the chrome and badging, second tank, and AC and original mirrors. I am slowing putting it all back. It was two tone green and white. That is about all that is left to do.

Now that is a dock bumper! Dad built that himself. Had two cars totaled on it Not hardly a scratch on it!

Looks great. Do you have new seat belts in the truck and if not how did yiou get them so clean.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:54 PM   #307
ApacheIvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
Looks great. Do you have new seat belts in the truck and if not how did you get them so clean.
I was very surprised how well they came out. I soaked them for hours in very hot water and a little Dawn the first time. Then scrubbed the heck out of them. the belts were almost black when I started, dad was a smoker too, so the water the first time was dark brown when I was done. Then I soaked them another couple hours in the same with a bit of bleach and scrubbed them again. When they were wet I did not think they looked all that great, still stained and kinda brown, but a lot better and when they dried I was pleasantly surprised.

I put new metal GM logos in them
Original Owner

Old 06-11-2017, 08:09 PM   #308
72chevynut

Quote:
I was very surprised how well they came out. I soaked them for hours in very hot water and a little Dawn the first time. Then scrubbed the heck out of them. the belts were almost black when I started, dad was a smoker too, so the water the first time was dark brown when I was done. Then I soaked them another couple hours in the same with a bit of bleach and scrubbed them again. When they were wet I did not think they looked all that great, still stained and kinda brown, but a lot better and when they dried I was pleasantly surprised.

I put new metal GM logos in them
They turned out really nice!! Your hard work paid off. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:04 PM   #309
jocko

Thanks for posting the pics Dale - that's a real nice truck. Any plans to stick some of the original trim back on (side trims and nameplates, etc)? Would look great with the Custom Camper scripts on the door, the Custom Deluxe on the fenders, and the 8/350 under the front markers. Your truck was originally the deluxe two tone - white top with white in the middle. Thanks again, was looking forward to seeing this one - and worth the wait, looks real nice. Welcome to the board.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:18 PM   #310
ApacheIvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Thanks for posting the pics Dale - that's a real nice truck. Any plans to stick some of the original trim back on (side trims and nameplates, etc)? Would look great with the Custom Camper scripts on the door, the Custom Deluxe on the fenders, and the 8/350 under the front markers. Your truck was originally the deluxe two tone - white top with white in the middle. Thanks again, was looking forward to seeing this one - and worth the wait, looks real nice. Welcome to the board.
YES! I am looking for a set of Custom Camper scripts for the doors, all the side trim, (lower woodgrain) I have already put the [8 350] under the front reflector lights, I need all the trim around the tailgate and lights.. If I could get my hands around the neck of the guy who ripped off my uncle I would. He took off at least 3k dollars worth of parts, I just finished the AC, seat, AM radio, looking for used lighter, might get a repo, I found NOS for 80 but would have a meltdown if someone ever used it Then it will get the white stripe and white top back, but the side chrome is at least another grand and paint will probably be around 10k.. so it is all happening.. For whatever reason the side marker lights were never the Deluxe.. so I put the plain ones back the way it was new..I am also looking for DF2 mirrors..

Speaking of DF2 mirrors.. Dad had just repainted the truck, it was beautiful, I was a kid about 18 years old.. I had gotten it a bit dirty and thought I would run it through a car wash.. BIG mistake.. the arms from the wash did not give like the mirrors and doors did.. ripped one completely off the door and bent it and screwed the other one up bad too.. ugh
Original Owner

Old 06-11-2017, 10:27 PM   #311
jocko

Normally a Custom Deluxe would not have the deluxe marker lights anyway, so you chose wisely. Any pictures from when it was new to guide you to the woodgrain lower trim decision? There's an ongoing debate on here about woodgrain vs black lower trim - a Custom Deluxe would normally have black lower trim (and my Highlander Custom Camper does), but there are several members with woodgrain lower trim on their Highlanders, so it's a roll of the dice. If it makes you feel any better, my uncle washed his 77 K10 stepper, complete with black paint, white wagons, and the funky sport stripes, in his yard, then drove off with the garden hose still wrapped around the mirror braces and the door open. He drove it around with the door off for a while after that... the hose won. Of course that was Kentucky in the 70's, not sure he'd get very far with no door these days.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:34 PM   #312
ApacheIvan

Quote:
Normally a Custom Deluxe would not have the deluxe marker lights anyway, so you chose wisely. Any pictures from when it was new to guide you to the woodgrain lower trim decision? There's an ongoing debate on here about woodgrain vs black lower trim - a Custom Deluxe would normally have black lower trim (and my Highlander Custom Camper does), but there are several members with woodgrain lower trim on their Highlanders, so it's a roll of the dice.
I am looking for pictures of it when we were on camping trips. But I have had the truck since new and it came with the wood trim. We are relatively close to each other... we should meet sometime soon. I maybe moving from the state this summer so the sooner the better.. maybe somewhere in the middle.. SW Classics is close to the middle.. maybe one weekend?
Original Owner

Old 06-11-2017, 10:45 PM   #313
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Ol Blue is a custom deluxe and came with woodgrain. I always thought that was an anomaly but maybe not.

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:49 PM   #314
ApacheIvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Ol Blue is a custom deluxe and came with woodgrain. I always thought that was an anomaly but maybe not.
Mine was bought in California too.. maybe its a Cali thing Another Dale with a 72, cool!
Original Owner

Old 06-11-2017, 11:12 PM   #315
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Quote:
YES! I am looking for a set of Custom Camper scripts for the doors, all the side trim, (lower woodgrain) I have already put the [8 350] under the front reflector lights, I need all the trim around the tailgate and lights.. If I could get my hands around the neck of the guy who ripped off my uncle I would. He took off at least 3k dollars worth of parts, I just finished the AC, seat, AM radio, looking for used lighter, might get a repo, I found NOS for 80 but would have a meltdown if someone ever used it Then it will get the white stripe and white top back, but the side chrome is at least another grand and paint will probably be around 10k.. so it is all happening.. For whatever reason the side marker lights were never the Deluxe.. so I put the plain ones back the way it was new..I am also looking for DF2 mirrors..

Speaking of DF2 mirrors.. Dad had just repainted the truck, it was beautiful, I was a kid about 18 years old.. I had gotten it a bit dirty and thought I would run it through a car wash.. BIG mistake.. the arms from the wash did not give like the mirrors and doors did.. ripped one completely off the door and bent it and screwed the other one up bad too.. ugh
If you want origianl moldings I understand cause I'm kinda like that. I think you may have a problem finding original that unless they are NOS, which willbe very expensive, will have wubbies in them. MAR- from what hear sells real quality replaement moldings along with other excellent products.

http://www.mar-k.com/index.php

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:28 PM   #316
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Mine was bought in California too.. maybe its a Cali thing Another Dale with a 72, cool!
Yes very cool to have another Dale here. But Ol Blue was actually ordered at Spedding Chevrolet in Denver CO and was built in St.Louis. I'm the second owner. The original owner is a friend of mine.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 06-11-2017, 11:58 PM   #317
ApacheIvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
If you want origianl moldings I understand cause I'm kinda like that. I think you may have a problem finding original that unless they are NOS, which willbe very expensive, will have wubbies in them. MAR- from what hear sells real quality replaement moldings along with other excellent products.

http://www.mar-k.com/index.php
Love the fact that it is USA made and can get the entire set. Still looking at 1K to do upper and lower.. That will be my next major purchase then on to the paint..
Original Owner

Old 06-12-2017, 12:21 AM   #318
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
Yes very cool to have another Dale here. But Ol Blue was actually ordered at Spedding Chevrolet in Denver CO and was built in St.Louis. I'm the second owner. The original owner is a friend of mine.

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Old 06-18-2017, 11:45 AM   #319
ApacheIvan

Can someone tell me if Custom Camper badge on the door of a 72 one piece or two? Also if anyone has a set of these, I am in the market.
Original Owner

Old 06-18-2017, 01:58 PM   #320
jocko

two separate parts
Old 06-25-2017, 11:29 PM   #321
Luvinit

Put the camper on the custom camper
Attached Images

Old 06-25-2017, 11:37 PM   #322
72chevynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvinit View Post
Put the camper on the custom camper
Nice! Looks like someone is going camping soon. I like it
Old 06-25-2017, 11:55 PM   #323
jocko

Need some more pics of that beauty, inside and out. Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-26-2017, 12:28 AM   #324
ApacheIvan

Quote:
Need some more pics of that beauty, inside and out. Thanks for sharing!
Ditto!
Original Owner

Old 06-26-2017, 07:42 AM   #325
Ol Blue K20

Quote:
need some more pics of that beauty, inside and out. Thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by apacheivan View Post
ditto!
x3...

Dale

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man