The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
Irishpilot

GM dress up kit/importance of breathers!!

Hey all,

For those of you wondering about the GM performance engine dress up kits, here is the flat black one I installed on my 406. The aluminum valve covers are really nice looking when you don't drive the truck every day. They are just too much work to keep nice. Here are before/after pics.

Also, for those of you who are burning oil through the PCV valve (like I was for the last few thousand miles). If you don't have baffles on your valve covers...get them!! That solved my problem immediately. They are really important to keep from burning oil, while relieving crank pressure.

Anyways, let me know what you think, good or bad about the flat black look.

Alum:

Flat Black:

406ci sb; zero decked, bored .030, edelbrock aluminum e-tec heads, edelbrock performer RPM intake, comp 268 cam, comp 1.6 pro-magnum roller rockers, MSD street fire HEI, MSD 8.5mm wires, Holley Street demon 770, Hedman LT headers. 10.6:1 compression, Air Ride Tech bags on all 4-corners.
Irishpilot is offline   Reply With Quote