The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-31-2021, 07:49 AM   #1
special-K
Special Order

WTB Thread

That Where To Buy, and that's for 67-72 trucks only. This is not a want to buy thread for those who can't start threads on the parts board or anyone else. Just inquiries about your truck's needs and availability. I'm starting this thread to help each another find what they need or see if it's available for their truck. Yeah yeah, Google is your friend, but how good a friend? Your searches are fouled by paid for listings and what Google perceives as what you want to find. Doesn't always work well and can be downright frustrating. The internet is just a basically a huge advertising venue.

The thing I was wondering about that gave me the idea for this thread are the corners and joining pieces for stainless windshield trim. Does anyone offer those pieces individually? I know there sure is a shortage of them and I don't want to buy a full set of the imported trim facsimile to complete an OEM set. If not available, they are simple small pieces I would think someone could set up to make fairly easily. Could be wrong, but a place with the right equipment, and that shouldn't have to be in China

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:50 AM   #2
Grumpy old man

Re: WTB Thread

A few months back I bought a reproduction set of front and rear window stainless mouldings off ebay for $35.00 shipped , They were thin and basically junk compared to OEM . They came with the clips and I ment to check if the clips would work on the stock mouldings, I'll check later today and post a couple pics . Other than those I've not seen any replacements for the stock trim .

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:54 AM   #3
Getter-Done

Where To Buy

Great Idea

63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 01:37 PM   #4
BigBird05

Every time I see a posting with a parts supplier listed I stop and right down all of the information. I must have3 or 4 legal size pages now. After I get done with all of the welding and need to start buying parts this info will come in handy.
BigBird05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 07:00 PM   #5
Accelo

I did the same thing. Reduced the four pages of suppliers to one page of reliable ones. The ones that at least attempt to sell stuff that might even work.

Instead of the ones that sell inside door locks that don't even fit the holes.
Crap China tanks that don't fit the frame. And the ones with return policies that are three pages long. I also have to mention the ones with nobody manning the phones. Please do everything you need online! And the guy that said "buy the kit and don't mix and match others parts. Then the SS brake lines were not even close. When I call back to get the correct part I was told I had the correct parts. I just needed to bend them, cut them and re-flair them. Another $140 for the tool to do double flairs in Stainless. And he knew it didn't fit all along.

Some vendors have specialty items that are custom made and not available elsewhere. These tend to be better quality and possible a little more money but hassle free installation it worth a bunch. This board has sent me to some of them and it's appreciated and it's why I love this board.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 05:49 PM   #6
special-K
Special Order

You guys made me see this could be a good where to buy way beyond what I mentioned. There's where to buy the best xxx? And there's people posting about a great part, whether someone asked or not. More than Google, collective knowledge from right here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
A few months back I bought a reproduction set of front and rear window stainless mouldings off ebay for $35.00 shipped , They were thin and basically junk compared to OEM . They came with the clips and I ment to check if the clips would work on the stock mouldings, I'll check later today and post a couple pics . Other than those I've not seen any replacements for the stock trim .
If the corners and joints can work with OEM, $35 is worth it. I'd buy a set and scrap the rest . I know there is more OEM windshield trim than there are those pieces. That's my situation here.

These little pieces are not as complex to make as the main pieces, especially windshield. I have to wonder if a shop could tool up and make those with the right gauge stainless and make out good.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote