The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-17-2022, 12:56 PM   #1
Jeepguy25

Suburban Body Panels

Hi All,

Getting slightly desperate to find some sheet metal for my 88 Suburban 1500. Ive seen panels listed online, but then I read that those panels dont actually fit because they are for a Blazer or truck. Its somewhat frustrating as these Suburbans are still all over the place.

I need rear quarter panel parts, mainly the wheel archs, and lower quarter panel areas. I also need fully inner and outer rockers. The inner wheel tubs are also starting to go, so if I can find parts of those (I doubt it) that would be great too.

Does anyone have any suggestions for reliable suppliers that can get me Suburban specific parts? Trying to find clean sheet metal in junkyards here in PA is nearly impossible. And trying to search out west is super hard because Facebook Marketplace is pretty much the only source and I can only do 100 mile radius.

Thanks for any feedback!!!

Justin
Jeepguy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 08:11 PM   #2
kwmech

Re: Suburban Body Panels

You might have to suck it up and source some panels from further west and pay shipping from say texas, nevada, arizona etc. sorry
kwmech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 10:01 PM   #3
Jeepguy25

That's kind of what I'm starting to think. I'm seriously considering finding a rust free body and just combining all the good stuff. Mine is LS swapped and the driveline is great as is the interior. Most of the body is good too. Just the areas in the back. So if I could find just a shell, ide be I willing to swap it onto my frame. Paint doesn't bother me as much as all the dang rust.

J
Jeepguy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 02:10 PM   #4
Corts60
Just here to tinker

I’m in the same spot you are in buddy. My suburban is rust free from the front doors forward, but the back needs help. I haven’t looked too much, but I feel like someone is making repop suburban panels and rockers. I’ll bet they’re not making the fender wells though….

I guess suburbans just aren’t popular enough yet to warrant the production.
Corts60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 04:43 PM   #5
Big Chip

These guys have suburban stuff

https://tabcoparts.com/amfinder/
Big Chip is offline   Reply With Quote