The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-05-2023, 10:34 AM   #1
KyleSeal

Need Some Info with this Drop

So currently on my 67 I am running a 5.5 front and 7 rear drop. This is achieved with 5 inch drop springs and 2 inch blocks in the rear, 3 inch springs and 2.5 inch CPP disc brake spindles in the front. I am using the CPP tubular control arms in the front as well, stock crossmember.

How have yall gotten around the inner fender issue? I have stock replacement inner fenders, but man its close, which I knew would be close but not this close. I assume I will need to section the inner fenders and move them up. I also assume I would need to move the battery, is that true?

Can I get some pictures of how everyone is going about doing this? Id rather not buy a set of aftermarkets since Ive already got some factory style ones.

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 08:48 AM   #2
SCOTI

Re: Need Some Info with this Drop

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSeal View Post
So currently on my 67 I am running a 5.5 front and 7 rear drop. This is achieved with 5 inch drop springs and 2 inch blocks in the rear, 3 inch springs and 2.5 inch CPP disc brake spindles in the front. I am using the CPP tubular control arms in the front as well, stock crossmember.

How have yall gotten around the inner fender issue? I have stock replacement inner fenders, but man its close, which I knew would be close but not this close. I assume I will need to section the inner fenders and move them up. I also assume I would need to move the battery, is that true?

Can I get some pictures of how everyone is going about doing this? Id rather not buy a set of aftermarkets since Ive already got some factory style ones.
Interference will/can be dependent on the front tire OD. What size wheel/tire combo are you running?

Common solutions are no fender wells, sectioned & raised stock stuff, or aftermarket fabricated pieces.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 01:36 PM   #3
KyleSeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Interference will/can be dependent on the front tire OD. What size wheel/tire combo are you running?

Common solutions are no fender wells, sectioned & raised stock stuff, or aftermarket fabricated pieces.
Currently there are 235/75/15s, stock 4 nub wheels. These tires are some off a truck that came into my work and needed new tires (rubbed terribly) so I threw them on my truck as rollers until the truck is on the road again. So Im not stuck to this size, although it is a nice looking size.

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 01:45 PM   #4
SCOTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSeal View Post
Currently there are 235/75/15s, stock 4 nub wheels. These tires are some off a truck that came into my work and needed new tires (rubbed terribly) so I threw them on my truck as rollers until the truck is on the road again. So Im not stuck to this size, although it is a nice looking size.
Those 28.8" front tires are part of the issue on 'what fits'. No taller than 28" up front helps.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet the most common front tire height ranges from 27-28" max. 27" would likely clear stock wells & anything taller is where mods or the aftermarket stuff comes into play. A 215/75 or 225/70 15" tire puts you around 27.4-27.5" front tire height.

Some guys run short (<27" up front) tires & have no clearance issues, but the combo doesn't look right to me as I like the wheel opening filled vs a large gap/space.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 01:19 PM   #5
PowerdbyChevy79

With that drop you should stay 27" and under.. a 255/60 is around 27.. and it minimizes wheel gap.. just depends on the wheel type and look that your going for..
1979 C10 Silverado "The BIG TEN" https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=841339
1982 C10 Silverado "Lucy"
C10 Club Texas -HMIC
PowerdbyChevy79 is offline   Reply With Quote