The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-23-2022, 10:12 PM   #1
44th Miss Inf

2011 Suburban issues

Got a 2011 Suburban LS 1500 2wd, we’ve had since ‘11 and it has about 275K on the odometer now. Never had a problem, but a few months ago, we started getting torque converter shutter, so I changed the converter with a reman from a chain store. (Only place that had one in stock) Put a few hundred miles on it, and one night it quit pulling while wife was going down the road.

Getting a P0121 (TPS sensor 1) and a P0741 (Torque converter clutch system stuck off)
Am able to reset the codes and it will move for a bit, then quit pulling again.

Wasn’t able to mess with it the last few months due to work, so had a new TPS sensor and pedal waiting. Got both installed today, did relearn procedures and still same.

Buddy is bringing my ramps and multimeter back tomorrow, so going to check wiring to TPS, and get under it to make sure I didn’t pinch a wire re installing the trans. I figure I need to get the TPS sorted first, then sort the trans TCC system.

No dealers or mechanics with an hour and a half I trust.

Had considered trading it in before the issues for a newer Suburban, but wife drove a newer one and prefers the 11, so I’m stuck with fixing it.

Anyone had a similar issue? I hate chasing wiring issues.

Thanks
44th Miss Inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2022, 03:33 PM   #2
michael bustamante

Re: 2011 Suburban issues

the tcc has a solenoid i believe that has to be reset when replacing the t converter or transmission
also, did you pull the pan to look for metal? the old torque converter could have sent metal throughout the system, killing the trans
Old 06-13-2022, 03:47 PM   #3
44th Miss Inf

Pan was clean, no metal in fluid. Was done as preventive maintenance. Hadn’t had much time to work on it lately.
Old 06-14-2023, 02:43 PM   #4
44th Miss Inf

Just an update

Been almost a year, hadn’t been able to work on it again until recently. Could reset the TCC solenoid, but it would always come back. Never got rid P0121. Wires from computer to TPS and pedal all checked good.

Yesterday I installed a new computer, did crank relearn, and functioned the transmission solenoids (buddy let me use his SnapOn Modis)
Looked again, NO codes! Put about 50 miles on it last night. Runs and shifts perfect. Wife running it around some today and cleaning it back up. Hopefully the computer was the problem.