The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2022, 05:17 PM   #26
bluemichael927

Re: USA1 Industries

I just got an update email from Randy saying he will get my door panels and trim molding out in the next week or so... I appreciate them addressing it after I responded to the most recent customer service update. Here is to hoping orders start going out for everyone. Agreed, small businesses need to be supported in US, I think they just really need to work on customer service and giving people real expectations along with updating the site to advertise real timelines for people looking to buy parts. I will update once I get tracking or they show up.
bluemichael927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 11:34 AM   #27
ky-donzi

I’m gong to give USA1 a plug.

They are the most polite and friendly people I have dealt with in parts. They are slow, but in this day, everything is. I will continue to support them and buy their products because (1) they are better quality (2) American owned (3) polite .... I feel that it’s worth the wait. Just my 2 cents

73 k5 gm crate 350-265 / sm465 / np205 3.73 posi
ky-donzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 12:10 PM   #28
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ky-donzi View Post
I’m gong to give USA1 a plug.

They are the most polite and friendly people I have dealt with in parts. They are slow, but in this day, everything is. I will continue to support them and buy their products because (1) they are better quality (2) American owned (3) polite .... I feel that it’s worth the wait. Just my 2 cents
I agree!
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 07:20 PM   #29
bluemichael927

Plug all you want, still haven't gotten a tracking number or confirmation after Randy told me two weeks ago that my panels were going out. Do I hope they get shipped? Yes absolutely. Do I hope they are the best freaking door panels ever made? For sure. But until these things are in my possession I can't say anything other than what I have stated. Over a year after they took my money I still DO NOT have door panels. I will continue to post until my order is fulfilled to give all the people out that are waiting, reading, looking, maybe too afraid to ask, or do not know how to post on this forum, any information other than the delay emails they send out sporadically.
bluemichael927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 05:10 AM   #30
SuperC10Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemichael927 View Post
Plug all you want, still haven't gotten a tracking number or confirmation after Randy told me two weeks ago that my panels were going out. Do I hope they get shipped? Yes absolutely. Do I hope they are the best freaking door panels ever made? For sure. But until these things are in my possession I can't say anything other than what I have stated. Over a year after they took my money I still DO NOT have door panels. I will continue to post until my order is fulfilled to give all the people out that are waiting, reading, looking, maybe too afraid to ask, or do not know how to post on this forum, any information other than the delay emails they send out sporadically.
Any updates on your order?

"An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows"
SuperC10Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2022, 10:08 PM   #31
C10Toro

Any updates on anyones order?
C10Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 05:18 AM   #32
SuperC10Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10Toro View Post
Any updates on anyones order?
I got my door panels last week, got a FedEx ship notice yesterday that my new dash pad will be here this coming Thursday. Order placed on 4/11/22, they seem to be getting caught up. Post pics this Fall after install.....

"An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows"
Old 08-30-2022, 03:37 PM   #33
JJH Jimmy

Still waiting on my manual door panels and visors. It has been 9 months since I ordered them!
2021 GMC 2500HD Duramax AT4

My "It's a Jimmy Thing" Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=583528
Budget Build 1985 K20
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=801565
JJH Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 02:37 PM   #34
texarback

I visit a few Square Body websites and have been watching these threads to see if people are getting door panels that have been ordered.

It appears not...

On June 27th 2022 I ordered Slate Blue door panels, bags and sun visors. Almost a year and I have no clue on availability likelihood. I email them once a month and they do respond. But it is always a canned response. The email responses all say "There is no ETA at this time. We are currently working to have all items in stock without a lead time. If you do not want to leave an item on backorder please consider canceling and reordering when they become available. Our apologies."

I don't have an issue so much with the lengthy delay. They can't help that. What they can help is letting people order items that are not in stock. Their website doesn't tell you if something is on back order.

I keep my order because I think, "Surly it is any day now." I also am in no need for the panels as I'm a long way from having the body back on the frame much less doors on the body. But, I do need the panels and they are the only firm that offered GM factory colors like Slate Blue.

I do have the paint from them so I suppose at some point I'll cancel and order from LMC and just shoot the color myself.
texarback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 07:27 AM   #35
chrismoore701

I ordered my first set from Classic Parts, love these guys, but the panels were crap. returned and went LMC, they were better, but both cracked over the winter. Look into trimming them around the vent window. I think that was my issue. I have not bit the bullet and ordered a set yet. In the middle of another build so tight on budget
2018 Chevy Silverado, 39 years apart
My build 2008-2016. http://m.imgur.com/a/bURrE
chrismoore701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 09:18 AM   #36
rick1956

I bought my carpet and lower door panels from USA1, and just ordered sun visors. I love the products, and they're worth the wait (if applicable to your situation).

In my humble opinion, a small company with a backorder list is a good company to have. Good products, high product turnover (low inventory), and customers that are happy with their products is a good situation to be in. I think they're doing things fine. They'll catch up to pre-covid days.
Old 06-14-2023, 09:35 AM   #37
SuperC10Tex

Angry Re: USA1 Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick1956 View Post
I bought my carpet and lower door panels from USA1, and just ordered sun visors. I love the products, and they're worth the wait (if applicable to your situation).

In my humble opinion, a small company with a backorder list is a good company to have. Good products, high product turnover (low inventory), and customers that are happy with their products is a good situation to be in. I think they're doing things fine. They'll catch up to pre-covid days.
I agree with most of your points about USA1, BUT I have a few builds in my rear-view mirror, NEVER has any vendor made me pay the total amount owed upfront unless the product is in stock and ready to ship (custom orders aside)! USA1 has had Texarback's money since 7/22/2022, that is wrong. Some percentage of the total owed upfront, but not the full amount...
Old 06-14-2023, 03:36 PM   #38
texarback

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperC10Tex View Post
I agree with most of your points about USA1, BUT I have a few builds in my rear-view mirror, NEVER has any vendor made me pay the total amount owed upfront unless the product is in stock and ready to ship (custom orders aside)! USA1 has had Texarback's money since 7/22/2022, that is wrong. Some percentage of the total owed upfront, but not the full amount...
This was really my point. I ordered carpet, dash, sun visor, bags, door panels, and a whole host of other things. It was a $3000 order. Everything came fast except the visor, bags and panels.

Now, to their credit they have offered to refund the monies and I can order when they come back into stock. I have elected to keep the order as I keep thinking "Any day now."

Also, there is no way to know what is and is not in stock when an order is placed online.
Old 06-14-2023, 08:51 PM   #39
Bloodhound

My apologies, prepare for the rant, but this has been driving me nuts.

I ordered a set of carmine red 81-87 door panels in March of 2022. And of course paid up front like we all do. Here is what is in their order confirmation email (highlight by me):

"Due to the popularity of our products, interior such as Door panels,
Dash pads and Seat covers are currently made to order and usually
ships within 12-16 weeks
. We ask if you have a time sensitive project
please contact us through phone or email to speak to a customer
service associate."

So I patiently waited until October 28th, THIRTY ONE weeks later and asked for an update. Their response was:

"This order is expected to ship by 11/03/22. We apologize for the delay."

Ok, fantastic. Then nothing. No update. So I patiently waited until April 28th. 2023, TWENTY SIX more weeks, when I asked for another update. Their response was:

"Door panels currently have an end of April/May ETA. If you do not want to leave an item on backorder please consider canceling and reordering when they become available. We apologize for the delay."

So my only option is to cancel the order, that I paid up front for, FIFTY SEVEN weeks prior, and order again?

It is now June and it has been 65 weeks since I ordered, paid in full, and was told a 12-16 week lead time. And every update that I receive, only after I contact them, is a lie. Not only is this horrible customer service, this is called deceptive business practices and is illegal in my state, and in the state that USA1 is located in. PARTICULARLY when payment is required up front. I don't want a refund, I want my damn door panels that I tied up $672.61 for, 65 weeks ago.

So USA1, if you happen to be reading this, the North Carolina Attorney General's Office should be reaching out to you in the next week.

Rant off.
Bloodhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 01:45 AM   #40
Just call me Sean

If you don't ask for a refund, you are agreeing to the new terms and conditions. If you don't like the new terms and conditions, get a refund.
Just call me Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 09:19 AM   #41
Bloodhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just call me Sean View Post
If you don't ask for a refund, you are agreeing to the new terms and conditions. If you don't like the new terms and conditions, get a refund.
The new terms and conditions set by them after 1 year of lies? That ain't how it works.
Old 06-15-2023, 01:35 PM   #42
Just call me Sean

After one year of telling you to get a refund if you don't like their terms. It looks like they used carefully worded statements, like "estimated time of delivery". An estimate is a rough guess.
Just call me Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 01:51 PM   #43
texarback

Quote:
After one year of telling you to get a refund if you don't like their terms. It looks like they used carefully worded statements, like "estimated time of delivery". An estimate is a rough guess.
100% correct here. Nothing at all to disagree with in this stance.

My only complaint is they surly know after 12 months if they are talking to the manufacturer and how those talks are going. They could just as easily say, "No, we have not communicated with our vendor in 2 years and have no plans to do so. We are going to cancel your order as there is no time line for delivery."

Instead, they say "Hey, cancel your order if you are tired of waiting."

Both are perfectly acceptable in my book but one does contribute to frustration.

And, I can go on their website right now and order the items. How am I to know that if do cancel my order they don't come in tomorrow AND if I were to reorder I get put at the back of the line and miss out again.

It is the lack of clarity that I think is the biggest issue. That isn't a small mom and pop shop issue. That is a mismanagement issue.

Last thing I will say is this:

Their "new" business is Automotive Interiors. This is what the front page says, "USA1 Interiors specializes in reproduction automotive interior products for many classic to current cars and trucks!!! From original materials to custom built seats, door panels and dash pads USA1 Interiors is here to build your dream interior.

It seems to me that they custom build door panels. If that is true, how can there be a supply issue? They control the process. They should know when items should be available. AND, on that site, the door panels are available for purchase.
Old 06-15-2023, 03:20 PM   #44
Bloodhound

Quote:
I agree with you, provided that they do not require upfront payment, and then make false statements for the next 14 months. My suspicion is that, as they are a small operation, they fund production of past customer orders with payments for future orders, which is no bueno. This is a pretty small forum here, but there are a ton of other customers on other forums in the same situation. Read their reviews on Google, it's absurd.

Last edited by Bloodhound; 06-15-2023 at 03:29 PM.
Old 06-15-2023, 05:12 PM   #45
TKCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhound View Post
I agree with you, provided that they do not require upfront payment, and then make false statements for the next 14 months. My suspicion is that, as they are a small operation, they fund production of past customer orders with payments for future orders, which is no bueno. This is a pretty small forum here, but there are a ton of other customers on other forums in the same situation. Read their reviews on Google, it's absurd.
I was wanting to stay out of the argument. But I have say that your assuming all the wrong things about USA1. They collect the money in order to purchase all the supplies to fill these orders. They can't help it if their supplies are on backorder. They assume the same thing you do, that they purchase supplies and think they are going to get them by a certain time, and then they don't. That is out of their hands.
At any point and time, you may cancel your order and get your refund. Or you wait, just like the rest of us do. And once you get your product, you'll be glad you did. I will say this. If I were to ever have to order door panels again, because that is one item that seems to take the longest. I would gladly wait 2-3 years if I have to. That is how much they are worth the wait.
There are just some things that are out of their control. 98% of what I order from them, comes in a timely manner. In fact I just placed another order right before adding this post. It is frustrating to wait, I know that, there are a few items I'm waiting on as we speak also, but its worth the wait.
I do alittle side gig myself, you know that. And even I get impatient people. But you can't do anything unless you have the supplies to fill orders, and it takes money to buy those supplies. Which is what the order is that I just placed with them. Hang in there
Old 06-15-2023, 05:32 PM   #46
Bloodhound

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKCR View Post
I was wanting to stay out of the argument. But I have say that your assuming all the wrong things about USA1. They collect the money in order to purchase all the supplies to fill these orders. They can't help it if their supplies are on backorder. They assume the same thing you do, that they purchase supplies and think they are going to get them by a certain time, and then they don't. That is out of their hands.
At any point and time, you may cancel your order and get your refund. Or you wait, just like the rest of us do. And once you get your product, you'll be glad you did. I will say this. If I were to ever have to order door panels again, because that is one item that seems to take the longest. I would gladly wait 2-3 years if I have to. That is how much they are worth the wait.
There are just some things that are out of their control. 98% of what I order from them, comes in a timely manner. In fact I just placed another order right before adding this post. It is frustrating to wait, I know that, there are a few items I'm waiting on as we speak also, but its worth the wait.
I do alittle side gig myself, you know that. And even I get impatient people. But you can't do anything unless you have the supplies to fill orders, and it takes money to buy those supplies. Which is what the order is that I just placed with them. Hang in there
I agree, but they need to stop lying! They can say from the beginning "Dear Bloodhound, our bad, we're really behind and hang in there, it'll be worth it!" They must know I'm on here whining about them here because I literally just received this email out of the blue. Don't worry, just another 12-16 weeks....I'm done whining, carry on.

Old 06-15-2023, 06:48 PM   #47
TKCR

Quote:
I agree, but they need to stop lying! They can say from the beginning "Dear Bloodhound, our bad, we're really behind and hang in there, it'll be worth it!" They must know I'm on here whining about them here because I literally just received this email out of the blue. Don't worry, just another 12-16 weeks....I'm done whining, carry on.

They are not lying. Trust me, they are thinking that they are going to have the supplies to fill orders, but something will always happen. Things that they can’t control.
Stop and look at the ship containers that end up in the ocean, all the train wreaks and semi’s that crash and burn. That is all someones supplies. Not to mention, people just don’t go to work anymore. There are so many things that come into play.
There was one day I was talking to Randy, he said, and this was just one week quite awhile ago. But they had enough supplies to fill 700 orders of door panels. This was just one week! And they had more orders to fill, and get more orders probably daily. And all along they are waiting on supplies themselves. I’m not trying to make excuses for them. But doing what I’m doing, on such a small scale, I’m seeing how the business side is. And I also see how people can react when they don’t get their stuff in a timely manner. People can be vicious
And let’s not forget all the phone calls and emails they get inundated with. Me alone, I could probably hire 2 people just to handle all the questions, emails and phone calls alone. Which would actually give me more time to get orders done, lol. I just couldn’t imagine what it is like for them. I know it gets hairy for me at times. Especially when I get the guy that literally yells at me on the phone, saying I need to hire more people, so I can get his order done faster. Lol, obviously this ding dong thinks I have a business with employees. AND YES, I’ve been accused of lying too just because I couldn’t meet a timeline. I’ve gotten to the place where I try not to even give timelines, but that doesn’t really help, when people ask that question the most. What’s your timeline, how long is this going take, when am I going to get my stuff?
Old 06-15-2023, 07:56 PM   #48
texarback

Quote:

Lol. In the email I received last month, when I asked for an update, they replied saying they are no longer giving estimates on timing.

This was the message fromTuesday, “ There is no ETA at this time. We are currently working to have all items in stock without a lead time. If you do not want to leave an item on backorder please consider canceling and reordering when they become available. Our apologies.”

How do I know when they come back in stock? It’s been 12 months.

Again, they “custom make” door panels. It’s on their website. They are the manufacturer is what I gather from that statement.

Last edited by texarback; 06-15-2023 at 08:04 PM.
Old 06-15-2023, 08:03 PM   #49
texarback

Quote:
There was one day I was talking to Randy, he said, and this was just one week quite awhile ago. But they had enough supplies to fill 700 orders of door panels. This was just one week!
They have more than 700 orders for door panels a week? Is that what you are saying? If so that seems grossly incorrect.

Also, my panels have been on order for 12 months. Are there so many orders that they can’t get to mine? Doubt that.

Here is the truth. I’ve ordered door panels for a 1974 GMC Jimmy. They most likely don’t have enough orders to do a run of door panels so rather than say that they say nothing. Or, to the point they say cancel the order and order when they are in stock.

Except there is no way to know if anything is in stock.

The real issue here isn’t that things are not in stock or that there is a ridiculous lead time. The issue here is they are not communicating with their loyal customer base. I’m going to keep my order and hopefully some day soon the order gets filled. In the mean time maybe they will figure out how to communicate better.
Old 06-15-2023, 08:22 PM   #50
Getter-Done

Quote:
I was wanting to stay out of the argument.
I do a little side gig myself, you know that.
I follow you on FB and you do a Great Job.

What Get's me the most is people that respond to your post(Are these for sale).

When clearly you state on the Top line, NOT FOR SALE.

About USA1 I have an order in now for small stuff.

I order from them for the good Quality they offer.
63 Impala (my high school car)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...Crew Cab Build
Getter-Done is offline   Reply With Quote