The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-08-2022, 11:49 PM   #1
BBG

Original Owner 72' C10 Short Bed Step Side

I've been on this site for a while now, just now making my first post. My Dad bought the truck in December of 71", I drove it as my first ride in 84'. I've re-done it a couple of times and now I'm getting serious.

I've made good progress and am doing a complete frame off. I have an LS I am going to swap and have a million questions. So far I've been figuring it out and making progress. I am very appreciative of the information on this site and hope to contribute for the benefit of others.
BBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 12:06 AM   #2
Accelo

Re: Original Owner 72' C10 Short Bed Step Side

So Cool you have the family truck. Love them the best! Way cool.

You will love the LS. If you go with an automatic it will save you money. Starts every time with out touching anything but the key. Mine put down over 350hp at the rear wheels with a LS1. LS6 intake, headers and a cam. It's a handfull without the traction control of modern car.
Made my share of mistakes. Installed the motor with out the cab installed. Ended up in the wrong position. Had the driveline done also. Costly mistake. Nothing aftermarket fits the first with the exception of maybe the door handles. LOL
If your motor has a camshaft change, pick your cam and then purchase the one down from that! BTR Stage I truck cams are great without much hassles.
Always cost more than it should. I have almost 1K into my front window. Had to have the grey tint only available mail order. Shipping and the gasket and then purchased used stainless and had it polished. Then the insult to injury was $300 for the install.
Yes, this group has an amazing amount of knowledge. The group's wiliness to share makes the build so much easier. You are in the correct spot!
Cheers.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 07:40 AM   #3
The Rocknrod

Welcome to the forum. Can't wait to see pics.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 02:27 PM   #4
cwcarpenter98

Welcome!

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 07:12 AM   #5
LT7A

Welcome to the site. Family trucks are cool by definition. Drop some photos when you get the chance.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 07:49 PM   #6
mr.mud1

welcome,there is as already mentioned,a wealth of information here,all you have to do is ask.all the best.Greg.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 12:27 AM   #7
BBG

I've been working on my truck, and this is what I've done so far. Removed bed, front clip and cab. I was surprised how easy all the bolts came out.

Cab is in great shape, not much to repair. Cab went for underside spray liner. I had the tranny cover off and I ended up using weld nuts to secure it to the floor. Cab is now getting the firewall smoothed out and painted in satin black.

The frame is back from powder coat, came out good, also in satin black. I C-notched the frame with the CPP kit. I have the axle in and springs mounted.

I have plenty of pics, just haven't figured out how to post them yet. The info on this site has been great. Going to install the gas tank under the bed next, let me know if you have any suggestions.
BBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 09:10 AM   #8
cwcarpenter98

Sounds like some great progress!
Here is a guide for posting pics on the site: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=712252

1963 C10 - Frankentruck 283, 3 speed with overdrive
Overdrive wiring here
1963-ish truck bed trailer - Half-Wit

1981 C10 - Penny 305, th350

1995 Dodge Dakota Sport

"I'll put it simple: if you're going hard enough left, you'll find yourself turning right." - Doc Hudson
cwcarpenter98 is offline   Reply With Quote