The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-09-2014, 08:48 PM   #1
OldGMJon

Wink Re: Post your pics of 64-66 Panels & Subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa54 View Post
jon, how are thoses side panels attached? I will try and get you pics of the seats soon, mark
As visible in the picture above at the roof rails the side panel is screwed into the inner framework at those points. I believe it tucks into the lower panel before it is screwed down. I haven't disassembled it to know exactly...Odd that there are inside sheet metal panels on a panel truck...seats are from a Suburban...panels with barn doors never had openings for the tailgate back? (I was wondering what those holes were...So, I guess they don't have delete plates for them either) Its looking like I have a Heinz 57 panel truck.
OldGMJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:10 PM   #2
Grandpa54

Re: Post your pics of 64-66 Panels & Subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgmjon View Post
as visible in the picture above at the roof rails the side panel is screwed into the inner framework at those points. I believe it tucks into the lower panel before it is screwed down. I haven't disassembled it to know exactly...odd that there are inside sheet metal panels on a panel truck...seats are from a suburban...panels with barn doors never had openings for the tailgate back? (i was wondering what those holes were...so, i guess they don't have delete plates for them either) its looking like i have a heinz 57 panel truck.
jon ,this is a suburban parts truck i have. Thoses bumps in the middle and on the ends are where the window trim screws to.those are the same on yours but its a solid panel. Yours also has the same roof insulation as a suburban i wander if its a one off?
Attached Images

Grandpa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 01:53 AM   #3
OldGMJon

Wink Re: Post your pics of 64-66 Panels & Subs

That just confirms that my interior panels are Chevy made with both vehicles having the same screw in trim mounts but I have no trim. 1 off...you mean they pulled a carryall and made it a panel? maybe that is why it has those 60/40 seats. Those buckets sure would finish that panel off good though. jon
Old 12-10-2014, 02:22 AM   #4
OldGMJon

Question Re: Post your pics of 64-66 Panels & Subs

with the location of those hinge pockets...I don't see a spot to bolt that giant "door check" like thinggy for each barn door...
Old 12-10-2014, 08:52 PM   #5
Grandpa54

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgmjon View Post
that just confirms that my interior panels are chevy made with both vehicles having the same screw in trim mounts but i have no trim. 1 off...you mean they pulled a carryall and made it a panel? Maybe that is why it has those 60/40 seats. Those buckets sure would finish that panel off good though. Jon
jon, that panel had to be stamped out and installed when the sides were put together. Its spot welded in.when i was searching for my panel i looked at at least 200 to 300 panels and your is the only one that has those panels.the parts suburban that i have has both places for the hinges, mark
Grandpa54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:54 AM   #6
OldGMJon

Quote:
jon, that panel had to be stamped out and installed when the sides were put together. Its spot welded in.when i was searching for my panel i looked at at least 200 to 300 panels and your is the only one that has those panels.the parts suburban that i have has both places for the hinges, mark
Yeah, they looked too good to be aftermarket

Quote:
jon ,this is a suburban parts truck i have. Thoses bumps in the middle and on the ends are where the window trim screws to.those are the same on yours but its a solid panel. Yours also has the same roof insulation as a suburban i wander if its a one off?
They are just like in my panel but that would imply I am missing some trim...I was just going to put a polished wood bumper strip down each side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padresag View Post
Helm's trucks if they were ordered that way from a dealer would possibly have gone to a coach builders. they had access to those parts. I doubt that you would find them listed as stock equip out of a parts book for a panel ron
special orders on the line maybe...
Old 12-10-2014, 02:23 AM   #7
OldGMJon

Thumbs up Re: Post your pics of 64-66 Panels & Subs

Quote:
BTW thanks for those pixs