The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-12-2022, 04:22 PM   #1
dagnabbitt

Kijiji Find

I don't think the US has kijiji, but think of it as Canadian Craigslist. Anyway I am sharing this here just because no one in my personal life would appreciate it but some of you would.

I came across an ad during my regular online searches for buckets and consoles a couple weeks ago. The owner wanted $30 for a really, really ugly pair of seats with a familiar looking console in between them.

When I called, someone had called before me, and the seller agreed to hold them for this guy until he was back in town, on May 8th. Needless to say, the seller is a pretty nice guy, I didn't understand why he would do that but I said ok, put me next in line. Late in the evening of the 8th he let me know that the other guy wasn't responding and if I wanted to look at them I could. So I borrowed $30 from my wife and left in 5 minutes.

They looked even worse in person: I think the buckets were out of a 2 door car since they tilted forward easily, and they were all covered in this 70's velour that was originally a root beer brown, but which was now lime yellow.

I was pleased to see what I thought I saw in the photos, a buddy bucket jump seat in the middle! I gave him his $30 and took the lot.

The buddy jumpseat is covered in the same horrible velour, and the metal base has a lot of surface rust. I have disassembled it and plan to sandblast the base, and hopefully will find someone to redo the seat and top in vinyl. I was hoping to find a place that sells just the jumpseat's replacement cover, or someone with a cover to sell, but it seems that is unlikely.

I have wanted a set of buddies for a long time, and it is just my luck that I now have two middle sections in my collection but no seats. Oh well, I will keep searching the buy and sells.
Attached Images

1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
dagnabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 11:23 PM   #2
jamesi20

Re: Kijiji Find

Wow,that was a nice find for the wife's money lol
jamesi20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 01:04 AM   #3
LT7A

Gorgeous ; )

Actually, I love finding stuff like that. Kind of like a diamond in the rough, but more like a diamond that had been polished up and somebody roughed it back up, haha. It's cool that you saved that piece and I hope you can find the rest of what you need in short order.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 01:57 PM   #4
dagnabbitt

I did pay my wife back with interest. She made a sweet ten bucks off of me.

Searching for and collecting parts for projects is one of the things I enjoy most about these trucks. I’m not sure it is possible to enjoy this hobby otherwise.
1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
Old 05-15-2022, 08:32 AM   #5
grillzy

What size is the stainless cup holder in the back ground? I find holders that are huge or barely large enough for a pop can.
grillzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 03:53 PM   #6
dagnabbitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by grillzy View Post
What size is the stainless cup holder in the back ground? I find holders that are huge or barely large enough for a pop can.
Its exactly the size of a pop or beer can. Got em off ebay.
1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10
Old 05-16-2022, 07:33 AM   #7
Canuckvetter
How did I get this OLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagnabbitt View Post
I don't think the US has kijiji, but think of it as Canadian Craigslist. Anyway I am sharing this here just because no one in my personal life would appreciate it but some of you would.

I came across an ad during my regular online searches for buckets and consoles a couple weeks ago. The owner wanted $30 for a really, really ugly pair of seats with a familiar looking console in between them.

When I called, someone had called before me, and the seller agreed to hold them for this guy until he was back in town, on May 8th. Needless to say, the seller is a pretty nice guy, I didn't understand why he would do that but I said ok, put me next in line. Late in the evening of the 8th he let me know that the other guy wasn't responding and if I wanted to look at them I could. So I borrowed $30 from my wife and left in 5 minutes.

They looked even worse in person: I think the buckets were out of a 2 door car since they tilted forward easily, and they were all covered in this 70's velour that was originally a root beer brown, but which was now lime yellow.

I was pleased to see what I thought I saw in the photos, a buddy bucket jump seat in the middle! I gave him his $30 and took the lot.

The buddy jumpseat is covered in the same horrible velour, and the metal base has a lot of surface rust. I have disassembled it and plan to sandblast the base, and hopefully will find someone to redo the seat and top in vinyl. I was hoping to find a place that sells just the jumpseat's replacement cover, or someone with a cover to sell, but it seems that is unlikely.

I have wanted a set of buddies for a long time, and it is just my luck that I now have two middle sections in my collection but no seats. Oh well, I will keep searching the buy and sells.

I spy with my little eye something that looks like a buddy brace. Nice score Dave!
1967 Oshawa built LWB Fleetside. 327,3 OTT, 515 Vermilion, CST, PS, PB, Shoulder Harness, Tach,Vac, Speed Warning, Choke Delete, Manual Throttle, Fawn interior. Dealer installed A/C 04/2015, N34 Rosewood Wheel 06/2023
Members who I have met personally. Metaldoc, chevnkevin, 62 Longbed, 72LHorn, 72MARIO, YBNORML, TBONE1964, Classic Bowties, Chevemall, Dagnabbitt.
Canuckvetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:32 AM   #8
dagnabbitt

Yes I got one of those, too! Great eye!
1967 K20
1968 C20
1970 C10
1972 GMC 2500
1981 C10