The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-01-2020, 10:06 AM   #1
cornerstone

Re: Stuttering Stanley

It's hard to see how much of the rust is just on the surface, but It's a personal choice for you to decide how nice you want it to be. I went for patching the areas that had holes all the way through and not replacing the entire floor. From what I've seen replacing the entire floor doesn't appear all that hard, as long as you are ok with full cab removal. That will give you the best result for sure... but again, personal choice.

I see your spid shows it came with a front tow hook, is it still there?

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 12:45 PM   #2
May70

If you do a full floor pan, don't buy the high hump. Buy the standard floor and just cut the hump out of it. You can reuse your current hump and bolt it on the regular pan.

High hump floorplan inner rockers are way off. My build thread shows details.

How to repair that rusted out 67-72 c10-c30! Please subscribe!
https://www.youtube.com/c/MaycoCustomRestorations
May70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:15 PM   #3
619atv

Quote:
Originally Posted by May70 View Post
If you do a full floor pan, don't buy the high hump. Buy the standard floor and just cut the hump out of it. You can reuse your current hump and bolt it on the regular pan.

High hump floorplan inner rockers are way off. My build thread shows details.
you know that was a question i was gonna ask......while im prob gonna skip the whole floor swap i am curious to know how you determine high "hump" or low "hump"?
i was looking at a good floor liner (prob a thick rubber) and i seen a few different options asking if it was "high hump" or low.....
is it just a matter of a shifter coming out of the floor? like all floor shift manuals and all 4wds will be high hump and 2wd auto or "3 on the tree" will be low hump?....because they have nothing coming out of the floor?
619atv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 09:09 PM   #4
619atv

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
It's hard to see how much of the rust is just on the surface, but It's a personal choice for you to decide how nice you want it to be. I went for patching the areas that had holes all the way through and not replacing the entire floor. From what I've seen replacing the entire floor doesn't appear all that hard, as long as you are ok with full cab removal. That will give you the best result for sure... but again, personal choice.

I see your spid shows it came with a front tow hook, is it still there?
alot of the rust is minor....im just not ready for a full cab off yet your right thats probably gonna be the deciding factor.....im not bad with a welder i have both a stick and wirefeed (cheap gassless) so i figure ill do a bit of "patching" and see how it makes me feel when im done with it.....i have a parts truck out in the field and i looked at the floor today.....i could probably break out the diegrinder and get what i need from it...but man thats alot of grinder time and i hate that crap with a passion.....only takes a few well placed sparks and my dreads will go up like toilet tissue ....i will probably order the new rockers just because they are the worst and almost completey gone......and nope the hook is gone lol.....funny i looked as soon as i read it and noticed it was gone and never thought twice about it but now that you mentioned it that was a "factory option" huh?
619atv is offline   Reply With Quote