The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-09-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
ryanmctee

Adding upper trim 1972

I'm hoping for some advise. I am adding upper trim to my 72 lwb. My truck is totally apart - body panels all over the garage in primer. My question is how to I 'spot' the upper trim so I can drill holes and figure out where to mask for the deluxe two tone paint job? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ryanmctee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
Oldskewl70

Re: Adding upper trim 1972

I'm workin on mine too. Have some new panels so no longer do I have all the holes and I ordered all trim from brothers and the sent some clips and some that are 3m just stick to truck I'm tryin to do all the tailgate molding too... What I did find out is you can do it later like I am bug make sure after drilling the holes u paint or use some undercoat so the exposed metal doesn't rust later from washing it or rain.... Good luck with yours atleast I had some holes so I would know where to slit the paint
Posted via Mobile Device
Oldskewl70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
hockeyjerk1

Re: Adding upper trim 1972

Check out these 2 pics of the front and back locations, although this is not my truck mine is similar, also search "trim locations" in the search bar for actual shop dimensions.
The upper trim should run at an angle from front to back and is a ***** to get just right. I have seen show trucks that are not right. Look at as many pics as you can bare.
Attached Images

hockeyjerk1 is offline   Reply With Quote