The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 09:17 AM   #1
Josephguzman

Era correct camper shell

Please note that you must be a supporting member to post classified items. This includes but is not limited to What Its Worth, Want To Buy, Want To Trade, and For Sale. Please consider supporting the forum by subscribing. Further information on the subscription levels available are located here

If you need any further assistance with that please contact any Admin for help.

Last edited by chevy_mike; 05-22-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:39 AM   #2
chevylookin

Re: Era correct camper shell

Yes, I agree with you to try and find a vintage camper because a modern one will look weird. Kind of like the president dressing up like a punk rocker. But, have you ever done a craigslist search? Just do a "Search All of Craigslist" in your toolbar for a slide in camper and see what pops up around you. I think you might have a hard time finding a vintage slide in for a 6 foot bed. I dont know if they even made them and I have never seen a 6 foot bed walk-in camper. You might have to construct something yourself.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:18 AM   #3
Josephguzman

Yea they made them and I search all of Craigslist, Southeasttexas.com, forums for campers and even this forum, eBay, and local and out of state facebook for sale pages all day everyday... and I've turned to you guys for help. I've come across some great ones but they were beyond repair. Anyone know where I can find plans for a slide in?maybe something like this in the picture, I love the back lip similar to the back of the cab of my truck.
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2017, 11:25 AM   #4
chevylookin

Oh, wait... Im sorry- you said "shell". A slide in is the bigger (walk-in) set up that extends over the bed rails and the shell is a lay on top bedrails like the one in your pic provided. That baby blue shell short bed trailer is sweet and very vintage. Is it still available I wonder. If I had room to park it, Id drive from SoCal right now to go get it!
Old 05-22-2017, 12:46 PM   #5
Josephguzman

Yea, being new to all this I don't know all the correct terminology, but yea, the camper is nice but I wanted on my truck and is too long for mine. Very nice, only wants $550
Closed Thread